Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled And Confused....

Well....I am 5 1/2 weeks post op....stalled for the last 2 weeks and am really trying not to get discouraged. I am still in what I am calling the "slop" stage - mushy foods and will be so glad to move into soft solids in a couple of weeks. I am in dire need to chew something...LOL! I have been getting all the Protein required (60-80 grams daily), 400-600 calories a day, the majority of the Water intake (52-70 ozs), and walking everyday (up to 3 miles a day for the last week). I am REALLY trying hard to stay positive so I had my husband hide the scales so I would not weigh myself everyday...LOL! Crazy right? :wacko: But I guess whatever works. I am sure that this thing in my head is just that...in my head. For so many years, I always stalled at 15-20 lbs and it never seemed to move so I would just give up....and I guess I am still thinking that way.

Please tell me these stalls don't last too long and that I will start seeing the weight start to drop some!!! I know....20 lbs is 4 lbs a week and that is awesome! And believe me....I am so proud of that! I guess I am just in need of a cheering squad and a little motivation.

Hi, I know what you mean girl! Im now 5 wks out today and the past couple of weeks havent lost anything, the scale hasnt moved. So I quit looking at the scale and have been noticing my clothes are fitting a little looser and my energy level has been increasing. It sounds like your doing a great job so far, so don't get discouraged and hang in there. I know several people have posted to try to increase the Protein a little bit to break the stall. 3 miles a day? I wish ! so far im walking a 1 1/2 miles in the morning. Well have a great weekend and best of luck to you!!

Your weight loss is great! You must be doing something right. Thanks for the encouragement! I see that most people experience the stall in this stage but I just hope it doesn't last long. I really started walking 2 weeks ago and just pushed myself to walk. I walk about 1 /12 miles on my lunch break. I can get that in about 30 minutes...I guess that is good. And then I walk with my hubby when we get home from work for about 30 minutes....It has not been easy this week, but I'm gonna keep on doing it!

I hope you have a great weekend as well!

guess I am just in need of a cheering squad and a little motivation.

southernchic01

you ARE doing great - everything you are doing is right on target - we all have these stalls through our journey - search "stalls" and you will see other peoples comments too

you are walking,drinking, Protein - doing terrific

as far as the scale is concerned - always a popular topic here

your DH did you a favor by taking the scale away. as long as you weigh yourself daily - and don't see a lb loss - you will think you are at a stall

only weigh once a week, or every other week etc. its hard to do, but start slow, don't step on the devil for maybe three days, then continue to increase

your weight loss is great

keep doing what you are doing - seems to be working for you, really

don't be a slave to your scale

we are all your cheering section :)

RAH RAH RAH :)

WOW, Kathy! What in inspiration...90lbs! That is amazing! Thank you for the advise! I can see I made a great decision to joining this group. Y'all are the best! I feel better already! :)

I can relate! I was feeling exactly the way you were when my scale stalled for 3 weeks straight. I got sooo frustrated. But the stall broke and now I'm losing again. Hang in there, it will get better with time. Sometimes our bodies are just rearranging things/rebuilding glycogen stores. Butterthebean has a great article in his signature that talks about it if you look him up.

For now - focus on the positives. What kind of awesome NSVs have you had so far? Are you measuring? You could still be losing inches. Do your pants fit better?

I can relate! I was feeling exactly the way you were when my scale stalled for 3 weeks straight. I got sooo frustrated. But the stall broke and now I'm losing again. Hang in there, it will get better with time. Sometimes our bodies are just rearranging things/rebuilding glycogen stores. Butterthebean has a great article in his signature that talks about it if you look him up.

For now - focus on the positives. What kind of awesome NSVs have you had so far? Are you measuring? You could still be losing inches. Do your pants fit better?

NSV's??? What is that? I am measuring consistently. I feel I am losing inches as my pants are fitting looser and I have dropped a bra size already...that is all good. I am keeping the positive attitude!!!! Thank you!

Your weight loss is great! You must be doing something right. Thanks for the encouragement! I see that most people experience the stall in this stage but I just hope it doesn't last long. I really started walking 2 weeks ago and just pushed myself to walk. I walk about 1 /12 miles on my lunch break. I can get that in about 30 minutes...I guess that is good. And then I walk with my hubby when we get home from work for about 30 minutes....It has not been easy this week' date=' but I'm gonna keep on doing it!

I hope you have a great weekend as well![/quote']

So how much weight have u lost? I'm 5 months too and only lost 47 pounds and I'm also getting discourage

NSV's??? What is that? I am measuring consistently. I feel I am losing inches as my pants are fitting looser and I have dropped a bra size already...that is all good. I am keeping the positive attitude!!!! Thank you!

NSV is a non-scale victory. So losing pants sizes, fitting into chairs easily, anything that you feel good about that wasn't present/you couldn't do before losing the weight.