Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im New Just Got The Sleeve On9/4/12

I'm a new vsg to. I started at 244 and 5'4" Jan 2012 then 231 the day of surgery 09/04/12 and 2 weeks later I'm at 214. I've been at

214 for a week though is that normal? I'm so nervous am I doing this right. I research and see other people doing and looking amazing and thinking no way am I gonna look like that. I would love any advice.

Don't worry so much, it's amazing how the sleeve works, you will lose, I promise. All you have to do is follow everything the Dr says, only eat what he says to eat and exercise all you can and the weight will start falling off! I started on June 18 at 334 lbs when I had my sleeve done, and today I'm at 259 lbs, that's 75 lbs! I go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week, I do 30 to 45 min of cardio, weights for my arms and legs and I swim laps every other day. So you can breath easy knowing if you do your part the sleeve will do its part.

Thank you. Just nervous .

Ok well today is my 3 week post surgery and I'm at 211 lbs that 20 pounds since surgery. I'm happy the scale is moving and for once in my looking forward to see what I weigh every week.

Oh I forgot I have a question...I eat 2ozs about 3 times a day and maybe some cottage cheese but when I eat cottage cheese I can eat 3oz somtimes 3.5, that's only with cottage cheese though is that ok? Or should I keep at 2 oz even though it don't fill me?

Ok I am 4 weeks out of surgery and only down a pound for this week, well atleast its something. I weigh in every Tuesday I forgot to post yesterday. On the 4 th is my 1 month so I will weigh in again. I can see a differnce so happy but scared still I'm not going to do as well as the people on here. My bigest problem is drinking so dehydrated and week I'm sick of the drinks but I'm also never thirsty it seems. I have to remind myself to drink. Thanks for reading this and thanks for all u people that post it helps me a lot.

Well I'm. 8 weeks out now and I weigh 200lbs with a loss of 31 lbs.. this week I did not loose any weight so I'm a little nervous. I'm very happy about my loss so far and hope I have a loss next week. I am still eating around 3oz a meal sometimes I'm hungry . I still don't drink enough and have to remember my Vitamins. Anyone else have a stall in weight loss??

hi, yes been in stall it is very normal, dont worry!!! you will be fine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanksb you were right. 9 weeks lost 4 lbs. Down to 196

Hi we started out very close in weight I was sleeved sept 4... I'm 5'5 started at 236 at 200 now... Had complications in the hospital in for a week and came home with a PICC Line... Set back! But feeling great now... But losing slow! Can't wait to see "onerdrerland"!!

Wow yes we are close. I had problems to I was in for 6 days. Its seems allow but in actual it's amazing. I remember watching the scale go up thinking it qiuld never go down but does. Looks like your on the same loss as me. Its good to have someone so close. How are you eating now?

Ok here is my update. December 4th was my 3 month I weighed in at 187 lbs. For a total loss of 44 lbs.. I'm happy and very surprised that I lost that much. I'm looking forward to the next month. I still eat between 3 and 4 oz. snack on cheese and turkey pepperoni . Have to get back track taking my Vitamins though and start drinking more I feel very tiered a lot. Got cleared for the gym so I hope I start soon my 2 yr old twins make thanks a bit hard sometimes lol. Well good luck everyone else and talk to Ya soon .

Today is my 4 month anniversary yay!! U started at 231 lbs... today 178 lbs down 53 lbs. Im so amazed and happy I hope it keeps going. I am losing hair like crazy hope it stops soon. I do have more energy though.

Hi!! Great job! I'm down 50... Losing slow but losing!! Winning!! Been on a couple of vacations and the Holidays.. But getting back on track now!! 40 pounds to go!! :)