Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From New England?

:) I'm so happy to have this forum!!!!

I'm so excited to see so many people close to home!

I spent yesterday hauling myself around the big e. Six hours of straight walking. What a glorious workout! I had some clam chowder (about 5-6 spoons) and some lemonade that I shouldn't have because of the sugar, but it was SO good. Last night when I got home I had two tablespoons of tuna and fell asleep like a baby.

This really has been the best thing I've ever done for myself. I've always been an "other people first person", in both my personal and work life, so to have this surgery was a huge deal for me. I'm so happy i did!

CarolC - I loved your list of what you're looking forward to. You're almost four months post-op now - any regrets? My husband is a "I'm not going to tell you what to do because it's YOUR body and I don't want to be blamed for anything but I wouldn't do it" kind of guy so I'm a little stressed about making it to surgery' date=' through surgery and what my life will be like afterwards. Really, my worst fear is having regrets because this is permanent. Oh, if we could only see into the future!!!!!!!![/quote']

I'm 6 weeks post op today and I do not regret a thing. I only wish I did it sooner! I can only hope that my feelings will remain the same for years to come My husband is very supportive but he was a little concerned at first because it is permanent.

Weight loss was impossible on my own. The sleeve enables me to stay on track without any hunger or cravings...it amazes me every day. I still cook and bake every day for my family, even the dishes that i can't have and honestly, it doesnt bother me in the least.

I wish you the best, no matter what you decide.

I'm from NH!! I was hoping there would be some people from the area on here. Nice to meet you all!

Where abouts? I'm about 3 weeks post op... In Exeter nh! Procedure was in Portsmouth. Down 27 lbs woooop!!

Hey Scaredy cat..... I'm also from Rhode Island. Its been a long haul for me since the doctor I was suppose to get surgery with took a leave of absence and won't be coming back. He's transferring all his patients to doctor Dieter Pohl. I was wondering how your experience so far was with him. Do you like him? How far along are you with your pre-op stuff?

I'm from Maine. It's good to see some New Englanders on here! :)

I also have dr. Pohl. He required me a 3 week pre op which was Protein Shakes during the day and a small dinner. He requires preop for everyone. I started at 305 down 23 day of and I'm current down 56 lbs. I eat normal but very little. Wish i had my revision sooner. Dr pohl isn't a talker but he's very good!. I go for my 3 month follow up at the end of the month.

It's so great that all of you have responded to this thread! I have one more NUT appointment before they put my info into the insurance company. Almost there!!

My issue now is that after 20 years with the same company, I got laid off the week before Thanksgiving. Nice, huh....depressing! My motivation has waned and I know that I won't have health insurance by the end of February. I NEED ALL YOUR INSPIRATION!

I'm considering asking Dr. Pohl a office to try and squeeze me in before I lose insurance (but what if there are complications?) I can't afford to do this without insurance. Looking actively for a new job but I'd hate to take one just to have to take 2 weeks off shortly thereafter. I feel stuck!!!

Also, I think my weight will be a detriment on getting a new job. Someone told me that's its the only legal kind of discrimination left. Ugh! It would be great if I could look for a job as a thinner version of me! At least I'd have a better shot!

Any advice is welcomed!

Beantown here...had my VSG at MGH on 11/28..Dr Meireles...MGH Weight Center

I'm from Marblehead, MA. I'm 12 days post op. Feeling great - my surgeon was Dr. Benedetto. LOVE him!! He's a straight shooter - no sugar coating things, has strict rules, but he's an amazing surgeon and caring and compassionate. I got a hug on my post op visit on Tuesday. This is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I am off all my diabetes meds, and only taking a 1/2 of one of my HBP meds. I was taking 20 pills a day pre-surgery and now 3 1/2 pills a day (plus my vites of course) Dr. B has you take omeprazole for 6 months post op and my high cholesterol med might be discontinued when I see my PCP on Friday. Since September (when I started the process) to today I have lost 29 lbs. Great side effect. I feel fabulous. Went for a walk with my hubby today for an hour & 1/2 - felt a little tired but good on return home. So happy to see fellow New Englanders on here.

Hi, I'm from Rhode Island too! I had my surgery with Dr. Giovanni, who works with Dr. Pohl, on December 11th. It has been so great! She is so nice and did a really good job. Have you had your surgery yet?

I am hoping to be able to go to the support group tomorrow night at Kent Hospital if anyone from RI would like to come too!

Caroline

Little Red 30 - how are you doing?

im good down 70 ( weigh in tomorrow). can't wait for 75!. need to hit the gym...really badly

Windham, NH here. Being sleeved 3/14 @ Lahey Clinic in Burlington

Little Red 30 - congratulations!!! Wow, seriously how does it feel to lose the weight of a child???

Caroline G. - good luck! I go to Miriam Hospital for support group :)