Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't get rid of this head hunger did a 2 week only shakes pre op diet was sleeved 9/11 and did clears (no broth or jello) for 5 days now I'm on that plus 3 Protein Shakes a day and I'm coming to a wall. I neeeeed to chew on something I would love broth or something full liquid but it's not allowed per my md. Help! All I think about is food and eating I feel like it consumes my day. I can't stand the shakes anymore just thinking about them makes me sick (and I have had no nausea ) and am sick of sipping. Any suggestions?

No Jello at all... Sucks huh

call and ask if youre allowed to chew gum? just dont swallow it!

approach your Protein supplement like it is medicine. You MUST take your medicine or you will get sick. (this worked for me for a few days atleast... until I got to the mushy stage and then I never drank another one!)

Mine doesn't allow Jello either on the 2 week full liquid. I am like you, sick thinking about drinking yet ANOTHER Protein drink. What about Popsicles? I am allowed creamed Soups, are you? I am on full liquids for another week (HURRY UP 26th!!), and I am so ready for blenderized foods.

Robyn

Buyer's remorse? Hang in there... Look at how much weight you are loosing! Ride that wave to week 4... Its right around the corner!

No gum no creamed Soups. I am definitely trying to get the shakes down wish I had something else too.

eat some shaved or crushed ice. Lots of people say that helped them through this stage.

I am wondering how Spatters3 has never had to drink another Protein Shake again. Share your secret with me! I hate the Protein Shakes, but suck it up because I chose to have the surgery and knew that Protein shakes were part of the deal for the rest of my life probably :( I am 3 months post op and still not able to eat nearly enough protein in a day to satisfy the 50-70 grams my Doctor wants me to have. I found a protein enriched chocolate milk I absolutely love that has 20 grams of protein in each bottle. Then...after I bought 25 of them, I looked at the sugar content which I completely forgot to do. It has 44 grams of sugar per single serve bottle, no wonder I love it. I am sick, sick, sick of the Muscle Milk light, which is the only Protein Drink I was able to choke down. Please share with me what you eat in a day to get all of the necessary Proteins in. I would love to never rely on shakes again!

I don't know about Spatters3, but I don't drink Protein Shakes either (I'm 7 months post-op). I easily get 50-60g of Protein daily. I think it's because I LOVE meat, cheese, and Peanut Butter and I'm lucky that I can tolerate them all. My meals are always focused on protein (usually some kind of meat, although at Breakfast its either eggs or low-fat cottage cheese) and my Snacks are the same way. I eat the protein first, then the veggies or fruit. Sometimes if I'm running late or something, I will start the day with a Protein Shake, but that's rare.

I too gave up the Protein shakes! I eat meats, cheese, nuts...I feel bad listing all these things you can't have yet, sorry! Today for lunch I had a pack of Seafood Snackers that I mash up with my fork and added in a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese. That's all. In a couple of hours I will probably have a 100 calorie pack of dry roasted almonds. I had Greek yogurt (took me a while to get used to it but now I don't eat regular yogurt) for breakfast. We are having pork chops and green Beans for supper, I probably won't get many green beans in and only about 1/2 of the pork chop. I also eat Peanut Butter, probably more than I should. It's kind of a trigger food for me so I have to be careful. I also each cottage cheese and I eat beans sparingly to ward off gas issues. If i'm feeling snacky I have a Mini Babybel cheese or a light cheese stick. I am almost to my one year mark though.

Thanks. I seem to be eating a lot of the same foods as some of you, but in such small quantities that I don't get enough Protein from them to hit my goal. I literally get full just after a few bites at a meal. I am only 3 months out, so I am sure I will be able to eat more at one sitting as time goes on. I start my day with all of my meds. Then I have a 20 gram Protein Shake for breakfast before work. For lunch, I typically have a yogurt that has 5 Proteins (I cannot stand greek yogurt), a light cheese stick with 7 proteins, a 100 calorie pack of almonds with 4 proteins. For dinner, I typically eat 1-2 ounces of meat and a few bites of vegetables. That's my day. I usually will add another protein drink after dinner to get my numbers higher. I want to be able to eat more food, but my sleeve hurts if I try to eat more. Time...