Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing Any Weight! Upset And Fustrated!

I GOT SLEEVED ON AUGUST 24, 2012 AND SINCE THEN I HAVE ONLY LOST 25LBS. I WEIGHED MYSELF YESTERDAY AND HAVE NOT LOST ONE POUND.. NOT SURE WHAT I AM DOING WRONG I AM NOT EATING THE WRONG THINGS, DRINKING ALL MY Protein AND DRINKING LOTS AND LOTS OF Water. ITS MAKING ME SO FUSTRATED BECAUSE I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THE OUTCOME THE FIRST MONTH WAS GOING TO BE DRASTIC AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LOSE MORE THAN 40 POUNDS THE FIRST MONTH AND I AM STILL IN THE 250s AND NOT FEELING GOOD AT ALL...DOES HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME ????

Ok....STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE....Get back inside the building and let's talk about this!!!

When was the last time you lost 25 lbs in one month???? HHHMMMMMMM?????? You say "only" 25 lbs. Unless you have 200 or more lbs to lose, then you have lost just about the right amount of weight for the first month. It's FANTASTIC!!! YOU ARE DOING FIIIIIINE!!! Keep on doing what you are doing and the weight WILL come off, I promise! Your body has been through a trauma from which it is still trying to recover and figure out what you did to it. This is right about the time when we all hit a point where we don't lose for a few days or a week or two (or for me...SIX). I did not lose a pound for over six weeks when I was at your stage. Talk about freaking out. It did start up again as I continued on my planned course of eating and exercise. Don't worry, don't freak out. You're doing GREAT!!!! :)

(BTW- I DID have 200 lbs to lose and i STILL did not lose 40 lbs in the first month!;) )

Ok, first of all, you aren't even one full month out. Your body can not loose a pound or more of fat a day unless you are exercising like Michael Phelps.One pound of fat loss takes burning 3500 calories. You will lose Water and some fat, but I am here to bring you back to reality and to tell you that I am jealous of your loss so far. I had the sleeve done on July 9th and I have only lost 23 pounds so there is some perspective for you.I would have been thrilled to lose 25 pounds as fast as you have. Most people who lose drastic amounts of weight are very heavy to begin with. The less you weigh going into this, the slower you will be to lose it. Give yourself time and congrats on your success so far!

It is frustrating to have an expectation to lose more, but in reality, WOW you have lost 25 lbs in a very short period of time. there is a time during the first month that we do have a stall because are glycogen level is burned and then your body has to replenish it. Are you losing in inches? Have you taken measurements of your body? If not, this is a great time to do it. Now you might be saying your a slow loser, and if that's the case, even better, your skin will have time to shrink and you won't have so much loose skin as if losing it fast would. You are doing great so please don't get into the habit of weighing yourself on a daily basis because that can cause a lot of frustration! Weigh yourself 1 time per week. Your doing great so try not to get consumed with this. We all lose at different rates. :)

You've lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks....you should be celebrating. Expecting to lose 40 pounds in a month is unrealistic.

There is a link in my sig to an article about stalls. You should read it.

You've lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks....you should be celebrating. Expecting to lose 40 pounds in a month is unrealistic.

Butterthebean- back in the spring when I hit my epic 6 week "stall," I read that article until I practically had it memorized. It kept me going. Good stuff. Glad you have it readily available on your signature, it really is helpful.

Amen to what everyone said above. I "only" (oh how I HATE that word) lost 40 pounds in the first two months, but I'm right at 120 pounds lost at 13 months. Keep working your plan, take your measurements, and ease up on yourself. You are doing GREAT!

Your hormones are raging right now because the fat you're losing is dumping hormones into your system. Have a nice Protein shake, put your feet up and relax. You didn't gain it all overnight and you won't lose it all overnight. :)

Good luck!! :)

Thank you so much for that link!! That gives me some new perspective on this whole stall BS!! Maybe I'll actually eat a bit more today before I head to my physical therapy. I always get a good workout there.

If you keep up with the right eating and drinking and exercise when you can your excess weight is a gonner. It's a matter of science and fact.

Think of your yourself as the landlord, the fat as bums that want to stay in your house without contributing anything but trouble. You've put up with them for quite a while but now you've served them their sleeve eviction notice. Being bums, they don't want to leave. They take their time. But go they will, it is their destiny and your triumph.

Give your body time, be good to yourself. Be happy, you are going in the right direction.

Butterthebean- back in the spring when I hit my epic 6 week "stall' date='" I read that article until I practically had it memorized. It kept me going. Good stuff. Glad you have it readily available on your signature, it really is helpful.[/quote']

6 weeks....holy cow. I would have been robbing the local pharmacy at gunpoint to score some Xanax.

25 pounds in less than 4 weeks is really amazing! You're doing great! Celebrate the positive! :)

6 weeks....holy cow. I would have been robbing the local pharmacy at gunpoint to score some Xanax.

I was RIIIIGHT there.....

You are doing great! I had my sleeve done on the 24th too, and have lost 17 lbs. I'm feeling pretty good about that too. 5 lbs a week is WAY better than what I was doing on my own.

Slower weight loss should help with excess skin.

Have you measured yourself? The scale may not move, but the tape measure might.

I GOT SLEEVED ON AUGUST 24, 2012 AND SINCE THEN I HAVE ONLY LOST 25LBS. I WEIGHED MYSELF YESTERDAY AND HAVE NOT LOST ONE POUND.. NOT SURE WHAT I AM DOING WRONG I AM NOT EATING THE WRONG THINGS, DRINKING ALL MY Protein AND DRINKING LOTS AND LOTS OF Water. ITS MAKING ME SO FUSTRATED BECAUSE I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THE OUTCOME THE FIRST MONTH WAS GOING TO BE DRASTIC AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LOSE MORE THAN 40 POUNDS THE FIRST MONTH AND I AM STILL IN THE 250s AND NOT FEELING GOOD AT ALL...DOES HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME ????

25 Lbs in one month is really great.

I "only" lost 19 lbs in the first month.

Just curious ... what were your expectations?

Why do you think you are doing something wrong?