Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Sleevers How R We Doing?

I was sleeved July 3rd and down 51 pounds. I am almost halfway to goal.

Hey, same stats!

Sleeved 7/17...as of this am I'm down 56 pounds. Feeling wonderful!!!

To all my fellow July sleepers, isn't this wonderful we're like new people already...big congrats to all of us for doing something positive to change our lives:)

Wow! Everyone is doing so well. I am a little jealous but I am still very happy with my results. I know that I need to get back in the gym to help myself along. I have been so busy that I just haven't made it to the gym in a while but that is going to change this week. I am going to get in there because I was sleeved on 7/13 and I am down 66 pounds or so but I wanted to lose 80 by the six month mark and at this rate I might be cutting it close.

I know I have lofty aspirations for my ultimate goal weight but I like to set the bar high. The doctor will consider me successful at anywhere between 165-175 but I want 145-150. It will give me a few pounds to play with you know what I mean?

No, actually not everyone is doing well at all unfortunately. I am so f'ing disappointed with my SECOND surgery. I went from band to sleeve on July 9th. Wanna know what amazing results I had since then??? Drumroll please.........

25 pounds(20 depending on who's scale I go by) How ridiculous is that? I lost more with the band in 5 months than with the sleeve. None of my doctors can figure out what the hell is wrong with me. Before any of you get the idea in your head that I must be some lazy a$$ milkshake drinking cow, let me tell you how hard I have tried to make this work. I drink the stupid Protein shakes until I want to gag on them. I work out and have built noticable muscle back in my legs and arms, I don't eat high calorie or empty caloire foods, nor do I drink my calories. I have not lost more than 1 pound in 2 whole months.

The first 14 pounds came off in the first two weeks. After that, nothing more than 2 pounds a week and if you do the math, that is so incredibly pathetic. My cholesterol levels had dropped too low! Yes, I said too low! It's actually not healthy to have levels like mine. My blood sugar is low as well. I've been told by a doctor who does integrative medicine(whole body vs. fix one issue) that I need to stop all meds because I need to boost my cholesterol levels back up 40-50 points. If you look at my labs they would be comparable to a marathon runner. Anyone here have a BP of 94/71? Envable, isn't it. So why the feck won't the fat come off? Anyone? I don't want to be stuck at 190 for the rest of my life. I'm only 5'5.

I'm here to tell everyone that having WLS, two in my case, isn't always the answer. It's not what I am eating and I've been trying to tell doctors, nutritionists, therapists, etc, this for years, but no one wanted to listen. My body isn't functioning properly and no one can figure out what to do with me. I had two medical professionals tell in in one week that if there was a famine, I'd be the last one standing! Thankfully I have a sense of humor and the people who told me that know me well so we all had a laugh, but it's true. I guess I would have been a great Caveman(woman).

In a weird way I feel like I've been vindicated. It's not the food like it is for most people. When I eat the right things and exercise, I don't get results. Cutting back calories works very short term for me and then my body goes into some weird metabolic spasm and freaks out .It can adjust to the limited calories and I can function just fine and not lose a single pound.

I regret allowing my body to be sliced open not once, but twice to try to lose weight. It's not the magic fix that we all hope for.

I was sleeved July 11th I'm down 43 pounds. I find its good to continue to drink lots of Water. By drinking lots of Water gives the fat a way to leave your body.

Same day sleever, congrats on your success I'm down 46 pds, and I thought I wasn't doing well but seeing the differences makes me feel I'm on the right track

July 23 and down 66 pounds as of today! Feeling awsome!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on July 30, and as of today I am down 95 lbs!!! I am thrilled with my results and feel great!!! The sleeve has been life changing for me!!!

Sleeved July 18 down 76 lbs, and just survived a 14 day cruise! It was not easy being on the cruise, a had a few cheat bites of things, but lost 3lbs while on board. Thank goodness to a lot of walking and snorkeling. Hopefully now I can still enter onederland before Christmas. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Down 62 pounds now and things are starting to slow. I find myself not making such good choices. I really need to come back to these forums more often. I feel more motivated each time I do. I wanted to hit Onederland by the new year but may not make it. Still have 20 to go. That's ok though it WILL come off and it's funny I haven't even thought about my ultimate goal weight and it is so much closer than ever! That's very exciting! Lets all keep up the good work Nd congrats to all :)

Down 62 pounds now and things are starting to slow. I find myself not making such good choices. I really need to come back to these forums more often. I feel more motivated each time I do. I wanted to hit Onederland by the new year but may not make it. Still have 20 to go. That's ok though it WILL come off and it's funny I haven't even thought about my ultimate goal weight and it is so much closer than ever! That's very exciting! Lets all keep up the good work Nd congrats to all :)

I know what you mean about making not so good choices, I've had quite a few of those lately. Started with a 14 day cruise....I need to get real serious again! We can both do it Suzjag:).