Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

My NUT wants me eating tons of carbs. I fundamentally cannot do that. I was, emphasis on WAS, diabetic pre-surgery. A1C at 6.9. Now it's way down and I want to keep it that way. Diabetes runs rampant in my family and my dad died at 63, suddenly, from complications from uncontrolled Diabetes. I do NOT want to have the same end. And eating over 100 grams of carbs a day just seems crazy to me. Not to mention nigh unto impossible. And let's just say that those are the good ones, veggies and fruits etc....100+ grams of those kinds of carbs a day is a TON of food! My tiny tum can barely handle two eggs, much less all of that AND still get in the 60-70 g of Protein AND all the stinking Water I'm already not drinking.

I feel crazy when I go see my NUT and she irritates me. What works for one person, doesn't just rubber stamp onto each person across the board. Duh. Isn't this why we are here anyway? We had to get extreme to get our weightloss even moving. What makes them think that we're each going to respond the same way to the same guidelines as usual?

I'm just a bit frustrated. I think I know what I need to be doing. I HAVE to drink more. That's a given. It's just so hard. I also need to be consistent with my exercise. And that is just a matter of planning...the damn dishes, or dusting, or dogs can freaking wait until I'm done. And I have to do it before work. Because if I wait until after, I'm just stinking tired and my exercise then is more leisurely. I like to ride my bike.

OH!! I bought a BIKE!!!! Haven't ridden a bike in like 16 years and my husband has one and the kids have theirs. I wanted one. A good one. I wish I could insert a picture of it here and show you all! I love it! And I can ride it. It's true what they say, you really never do forget how to ride a bike. I'll check in my account here and see if I can post a pic of my Teal Beauty. But like I said, this is more like fun than exercise. Although I push it sometimes and then get those Jello legs afterward for a bit. But it's so fun:)

Okay, I posted a picture in an album. No I couldn't tell you how to find it, but it's there. My Bike is awesome! Am I a little excited about it? Yeah, just a little.

Okay' date=' I posted a picture in an album. No I couldn't tell you how to find it, but it's there. My Bike is awesome! Am I a little excited about it? Yeah, just a little.[/quote']

Lol that is great!! Sorry to hear about your NUT- maybe it's an opportunity to find someone else? Her carb thing seems really off to me and not what I have heard others report or experienced myself ... But I am not a NUT :)

Lol that is great!! Sorry to hear about your NUT- maybe it's an opportunity to find someone else? Her carb thing seems really off to me and not what I have heard others report or experienced myself ... But I am not a NUT :)

As for the carb thing my NUT told me that 100g carbs a day is actually low carb diet to begin with and to stay close to that because our bodies use carbs to function.

I dont count carbs or Protein just make sure i eat protein of some form at every meal

As for the carb thing my NUT told me that 100g carbs a day is actually low carb diet to begin with and to stay close to that because our bodies use carbs to function.

I dont count carbs or Protein just make sure i eat protein of some form at every meal

You're probably right- I don't count carbs but I track with my fitness pal and checked- it suggests 197 g of carbs per day. So sorry about that :) That being said, I seem to average about 60g of carbs per day do maybe I should look at increasing that too!! Particularly since I have stalled with my weight loss the last few weeks...

You're probably right- I don't count carbs but I track with my fitness pal and checked- it suggests 197 g of carbs per day. So sorry about that :) That being said' date=' I seem to average about 60g of carbs per day do maybe I should look at increasing that too!! Particularly since I have stalled with my weight loss the last few weeks...[/quote']

Doesnt hurt to try..just if we deprive our bodies of too many carbs for so long our bodies get used to it and thats not good. I guess normal functioning of our brain etc need the carbs plus if u eat good carbs i dont see the harm just stay 100 to 150..

Now this being said i need to take my own advise ive been stalled for two months bt thats becausw ive been eating what i want and no excercise..my one year is in a month and i want to be under 190 by then..and be at goal by new years...

30lbs to goal

I was told to have no more than 30 gms of carbs per meal. That would be 90 grams a day because my nut doesn't want me snacking.

I also didn't like my bariatric assigned nut. So I see a different one which I really like. She used to be a bariatric nut at Kaiser so she knows what I need.

I am of the understanding that journaling your food and Water is the only way to keep yourself on your daily target. I guess that's why Weight Watchers has such success. We don't have the luxury of not knowing our daily totals. Our health depends on proper Protein and Water. It's a daily struggle and to be honest most days I feel like its a full time job. However, I have accepted its what I must do. I'm so addicted to journaling with MFP now.

I wish you all a great weekend.

reading everyones post. i know i am not alone, yet i feel so alone. im depressed now i got this major surgery i was losing up until my 6th month. i have not loss since then. i got down to 217 yayyyyyy and now i am 225 what gives. I gained once i started working out and no im not losing inches my cloths are tighter. ive been to kaiser about 10 times about being dizzy body aches and so on. all of my blood work shows me healthy and well nourshised. so why am i dizzy sometimes, its not vertigo either. i am scared to workout now, fear of gaining more weight. i was doing good 6 days a week 45 min of kick boxing to doing nothing now.

i am so frustrated with this stall. 5 months and no loss. im crying inside really bad. i see others with success and i ask what happened to me. i was doing every thing right those first 6 months and than it stopped and sent me into depression and when i get depressed i eat. i still have restriction but i can get in cals if i eat bad. this sucks.

reading everyones post. i know i am not alone' date=' yet i feel so alone. im depressed now i got this major surgery i was losing up until my 6th month. i have not loss since then. i got down to 217 yayyyyyy and now i am 225 what gives. I gained once i started working out and no im not losing inches my cloths are tighter. ive been to kaiser about 10 times about being dizzy body aches and so on. all of my blood work shows me healthy and well nourshised. so why am i dizzy sometimes, its not vertigo either. i am scared to workout now, fear of gaining more weight. i was doing good 6 days a week 45 min of kick boxing to doing nothing now.

i am so frustrated with this stall. 5 months and no loss. im crying inside really bad. i see others with success and i ask what happened to me. i was doing every thing right those first 6 months and than it stopped and sent me into depression and when i get depressed i eat. i still have restriction but i can get in cals if i eat bad. this sucks.[/quote']

Newgrandmother...I have been following you over the past year. I had my surgery in August 2012. You have been so very honest about the journey and the struggles. In my stalls I loved seeing your comments and candid reflections and INSPIRATIONS to your fellow sleevers. Now you need inspiration, as do we all.

The major decision for this major surgery did not take away our love of food or our addiction to its way of making everything feel a little better. You are on the right track to exercise it out...without making yourself sick. I fear you are sending yourself in a tail spend with the depression. Don't concentrate on the stall....speaking from experience. You have made huge strides to have a full life of LIVING. If you had issues as I did, I hid in the house. My body was always hurting and I did not participate with the grandgirls like I wanted to. Depression was real and heavy. I have had many stalls but I look at today versus last year and I am excited to have mobility and the desire to LIVE. In a stall right now for 3+ months and about 70# to go...ugh...but thankful and amazed at the pounds# gone!

Newgrandmother I understand the depression but don't let it trap you...it's the enemy! Stress and depression attacks our body in various ways...sometimes with pain mixed with discouragement...the enemy. Your grands need you to keep it moving and see you celebrating the significant changes in your body and spirit. Revisit-review-revise your strategies and program moving forward...celebrate your success...I am celebrating you right now...

Sent from my iPad using VST

Well no I'm not dead but did stop posting for a really long time do to a few nasty people. But I thought a I will post and give a update. My weight loss stop in Jan and never started up again. But I'm in a size 14 And have maintained the exact same weight give or take 5 pounds since January. I will be getting a Tummy Tuck on September 17. Arms and boobs the first of the year, and liposuction in between to take care the rest of the left over weight. :) Hope everyone is doing good.

NGM- thank you for your honestly. You are a strong person and you have made tremendous success. You are doing everything you can to make this work. You are healthier today than when you started this journey 11 months ago. Never give up!!

Artsong- so good to hear from you!!! Sorry you encountered some nasty people. I have missed your posts and thought of you and wondered how you were doing. I'm excited for you and your up coming surgeries. Please keep us posted on how your doing.

newgrandmother, I am with you. I have actually started gaining weight back. Even with the bariatric boot camp, I am struggling. I keep thinking I shouldn't have to struggle THIS MUCH with this tool I have, but I am. A LOT.

This may not pertain to you, but I am on anti-depressants, and if I miss one or take them at a different time, I get the MAJOR light-headed dizziness.

Hang in there. I keep trying and trying. We can do this!!!!