Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I haven't been on this thread in forever.

So I had a month long stall, which really sucked. I started taking D3+calcium and it broke. I lost around 5 more lbs since then. I'm 71 lbs down with 30ish more to go. My doctor's goal for me and my goal are different by 18 lbs. My 6 month check up is this Thursday.

I'll probably be in trouble. I haven't been exercising like I should and I've been enjoying wine on the weekends with an occasional glass during a week night. I haven't counted calories, Protein or carbs in 8 weeks or so.

Yesterday I ate everything I could find. It may be getting close to that TOM. The compulsion to eat was undeniably strong. I tried to add in some healthy things with the not so healthy, meaning I ate pickles, cucumbers, celery, fruit to try to get in some bulk since my stomach felt so empty. It was just weird and crazy. Not a typical day at all.

So I went from a size 20 back in September and I fit comfortably in a size 10 and some size 8s now.

My hair has been falling out like crazy for months and I hope that will slow down soon because it is really irritating for hair to be all over the place, even after I lint roll and brush and lint roll.

Saggy skin? Under my upper arms and stomach and my butt is looking a bit droopy like it needs some serious exercise to tone up.

Overall I'm really pleased with my progress. I mean ...shoot ...6 months and -71 lbs!?!?

I still have issues with fear of gaining weight back, not losing these last 30 lbs, saggy upper arms, and still seeing myself as a fat person in my mind.

I too haven't been on in forever....however I do read everything that comes to my email! Yep, me too, in a stall. But I expect it. Lose, stall, lose, stall and so on. It's irritating, though. Want to punch a hole in the wall everytime I see that the scale hasn't moved or I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds (which I attribute to Water weight/retention).

You know, I can only do what I can do. Eat right, exercise, and drink water. And live my life. I have to make myself look at the big picture which is for crying out loud I lost 80 pounds in 6 months, not too shabby. Sure there's more to go, but holy handgrenade 80 pounds. I honestly have to keep telling myself that. over and over and over.......eventually I will believe it.

We're hanging in there sleeve sisters!

I too haven't been on in forever....however I do read everything that comes to my email! Yep' date=' me too, in a stall. But I expect it. Lose, stall, lose, stall and so on. It's irritating, though. Want to punch a hole in the wall everytime I see that the scale hasn't moved or I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds (which I attribute to Water weight/retention).

You know, I can only do what I can do. Eat right, exercise, and drink water. And live my life. I have to make myself look at the big picture which is for crying out loud I lost 80 pounds in 6 months, not too shabby. Sure there's more to go, but holy handgrenade 80 pounds. I honestly have to keep telling myself that. over and over and over.......eventually I will believe it.

We're hanging in there sleeve sisters![/quote']

Sounds exactly like me 80 in 6 months 20 before surgery and the last 3 weeks have been the same two pounds. I really believe this is normal for 6 monthers. Hoping it breaks soon

It's clear something is going on with all that itching. You need to see a Doctor and have labs done to make sure there are no deficiencies.

Nothing wrong with your diet and since your feet are swollen your retaining Water. Very strange.

Good luck.

Yeah I know something is wrong. I did labs a few weeks ago and only Vitamin D was low so my doc will have something to say about that. I will just keep doing what I'm doing because I think what I'm doing is right and see what happens. I really can't complain. I'm down from 212 to 158-160. From size 18/20 with xl-xl shirts to a comfortable 10 maybe 8 and medium shirts !!! :)

I just want to say "thank you" to all the Sept Sleevers.... It's so good to know I'm in the same boat and not alone.

I just want to say "thank you" to all the Sept Sleevers.... It's so good to know I'm in the same boat and not alone.

I agree! I'm at my 6 month check up as we speak and I'm down 83 but I keep going up and down 1 lb.. It's frustrating

mkn girl i didnt like that shake pre op the after taste yuk, maybe i will try it now i might like it. i love avacoado now couldnt stand it before.

forme lets breath first. i was at a stall till a day ago. this is what i did. i lesson my protien upped my carbs a little (i was scared of carbs) i eat good carbs brown rice fruit and veggies. i reduced my Water intake. i dont know what you are eating with added sodium. 80oz of water might be to mluch for your body needs, your cals dropped a lot, starvation mode. the itiching yea something is wrong there. i ran out of calcuim for over a month and as soon as i started back the scale started moving again. this is just my feedback but think about it. the water intake, calories, and excersice you might be starving your body and we all knows what happens when we do that. keep us posted and stay strong :wub:

delta that is wierd about the d and Calcium, iw as out for about a month and i stalled that whole time i started back on the calcium and the scale moved, how wierd and my dr put me on prescitpton d for 2 weeks.

momof yes Water retention. with all the other changes i did. i had to go back on bp pills and the scale really move. i found out that when you retain water it slows the metabolism down to a hault.

tak and thank you also

well i hit the 220 thank god for that but im not going to be happy right now i workout tonight and the scale seems to go up after i workout. but it felt really good to see that sucker move.

i also went shopping in my closet today it was awesome i can wear stuff now. yayyyyyyyyyyy

I don't know what is wrong with me but I keep thinking about food and eating when I know I'm NOT REALLY hungry. I have went up 3 pounds on the scale since yesterday. OMG I think life's stresses are getting the best of me!

Hello all! Just found this thread. I too was sleeved in Sept 2012. Love reading all your posts. I went to my 6 month post op appointment this week and am down 96 lbs....with total loss of 143 lbs since my preop diet. I started at a higher weight of 368....so I still have a long way til goal!

Well seen the new surgeon he said I need to get a Rny. He thinks I have metabolic issues that need to be dealt with and the Rny will take care of that. I have never strayed far from the plan I've worked out from day one I've done everything that I could've done. I am not perfect and noone on here is but this is what it is. I'm Happy to know I did not mess up and the 1st doc did not mess up. It's just my body needs a reset. When will I get this done if I had insurance it would be done ASAP I'm self-pay it won't be done ASAP my doctor nutritionist and surgeon would've Called this medically necessary for insurance I do not have insurance so it will take me a few months to save up to have it done. I don't know how I feel ATM I gave it my all I had every test that could have been done done. I'm happy there is nothing wrong with me I'm happy to know what is going on and how to fix it. I'm unhappy to know that I have to do this all over again. I'm unhappy that I'm back upto 209 I have been 205/209 sin the Beginning of January .

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Art, sorry for your struggles . You will get through whatever you have to do! We are all in your corner!

mkn girl i didnt like that shake pre op the after taste yuk, maybe i will try it now i might like it. i love avacoado now couldnt stand it before.

forme lets breath first. i was at a stall till a day ago. this is what i did. i lesson my protien upped my carbs a little (i was scared of carbs) i eat good carbs brown rice fruit and veggies. i reduced my Water intake. i dont know what you are eating with added sodium. 80oz of Water might be to mluch for your body needs, your cals dropped a lot, starvation mode. the itiching yea something is wrong there. i ran out of calcuim for over a month and as soon as i started back the scale started moving again. this is just my feedback but think about it. the water intake, calories, and excersice you might be starving your body and we all knows what happens when we do that. keep us posted and stay strong :wub:

New thanks do the encouragement and info. I need to have my Calcium again also I didn't exercise for a couple of days, ate a lil more and stayed with my water intake(no Protein shake) and well this morning I was back down to 157 at least. I will see what I can do to keep it going. I guess I'm just afraid of the carbs!!!

forme dont be afraid of the carbs. i eat at least 100 a day sometimes i go over but its in my dairy fruits veggies and whole grains

For-me Don't be afraid of carbs..our body needs them for fuel and if you eat good carbs your all set!

Happy Easter everyone (if you celebrate) :)

forme dont be afraid of the carbs. i eat at least 100 a day sometimes i go over but its in my dairy fruits veggies and whole grains

Happy Easter sister!!! I am so nervous because I want to eat Lot!! Lol this is going to be interesting.