Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Is anyone else here a raging crazy B during periods once surgery!? I've never been nuts until this surgery now at period time I'm so emotional and kinda mean :/ although happy to be down 83 lbs. a size 10 might be worth it lol

I've been stuck at the same general weight for like a month. I don't know what to do. I try to track my food on my fitness pal and I don't go over calories (1200). I've been doing Water aerobics twice a week and training on the couch to 5K for the past 6 weeks. I'm jogging for 20 minutes at a time but the scale just doesn't move. What the heck is going on? Should I do strength training, more cardio, eat more, eat less? This is why I could never lose weight on my own LOL, I never knew what to do!

I know once I cut the carbs out and stuck w mainly Protein I started dropping. Carbs and me do not do well. Now, I do have fruit and certain veggies and Beans. I just stay away from the bread, chips, crackers, etc. And strenght training is absolutley necessary!

I'm one of the lucky? ones that never experienced problems with any kind of food. I'm definitely restricted but can easily eat anything. Consequently I find that I have to pay a lot of attention to mindless eating. I'm still happy where I am but realize it would be very easy to fall back into bad habits. I have made many good changes. I eat many more vegetables than I ever have before. Also I had frozen Greek yogurt last night instead of ice cream. I was able to eat a half cup and be happy. I also got 9 grams of Protein. Too much sugar came with it as well but I still count it as a win.

Is anyone else here a raging crazy B during periods once surgery!? I've never been nuts until this surgery now at period time I'm so emotional and kinda mean :/ although happy to be down 83 lbs. a size 10 might be worth it lol

I haven't actually started my periods again yet. I asked about it at my last doctors visit and he said everyone is different and not to worry. At 48 I'd actually be just fine if it never comes back.

A size ten!!! You go girl!!! Looking good beautiful!!!!

I'm so grouchy at that time :((

I'm not so sure mine has changed since surgery or if its because I'm getting older :((

well said becca

i dont have periods anymore but that one ovary causes wreck on my emotions.

well guys my plan seems to work my stall broke, well i think it did i did lose a lot of Water yesterday. i upped my carbs and less protien and more cals and the scale is now moving. i will know for sure next week if it stats at get this 222,

menu plan today

Breakfast 3/4 cup kashi heart to heart Cereal, 1/2 cup nf lactaid

snack Peanut Butter chocolate, straweberry shake

lunch chicken quesidilla

snack unsalted tortilla chips and 5 layer bean dip

dinner broiled garlic shrimp and salad

pm snack 10 multigrain crackers and 2 tbsp unsalted unsweetened Peanut Butter.< /p>

calories 1388

carbs 117

protien 87

whatcha think

Does anyone notice that people treat them better since you've lost a big chunk of weight?? Specifically men hold doors for me, randomly start up conversations, let me cut in front of them etc. haha I mean I am not small (size 14) but its like night and day. :wub:

I'm one of the lucky? ones that never experienced problems with any kind of food. I'm definitely restricted but can easily eat anything. Consequently I find that I have to pay a lot of attention to mindless eating. I'm still happy where I am but realize it would be very easy to fall back into bad habits. I have made many good changes. I eat many more vegetables than I ever have before. Also I had frozen Greek yogurt last night instead of ice cream. I was able to eat a half cup and be happy. I also got 9 grams of Protein. Too much sugar came with it as well but I still count it as a win.

i am the same way

jenn yes girl let me tell you. i go to this ralphs a lot right and one guy ive flirted with before and the other is the checker who never says anything to me. well the other night when i went in there the checker did a double look. and the other guy i asked where an item was he told me and than followed me and was saying you should know where everything is you are here all the time (but he never says anything to me). than when i checked out the checker stricked up a conversation with me. wow

Does anyone notice that people treat them better since you've lost a big chunk of weight?? Specifically men hold doors for me' date=' randomly start up conversations, let me cut in front of them etc. haha I mean I am not small (size 14) but its like night and day. :wub:[/quote']

I have noticed it.

Does anyone notice that people treat them better since you've lost a big chunk of weight?? Specifically men hold doors for me' date=' randomly start up conversations, let me cut in front of them etc. haha I mean I am not small (size 14) but its like night and day. :wub:[/quote']

I agree with you.

Before I always felt like I got the EYES DOWN SILENCE pass by quickly and maybe she won't talk to me feeling. It was like I was invisible!!

That's just wrong!!!!

It just proves the point that the more attractive you are in this society they more you are accepted by others. I'm sure it plays a bug part in every aspect if our lives. From dating, social groups even down to landing a great job.

It's really sad when you think how vein out society is. A persons weight or handicap shouldn't be the first thing we judge people by.

Because we are all beautiful people!!!!

menu plan today

Breakfast 3/4 cup kashi heart to heart cereal' date=' 1/2 cup nf lactaid

snack Peanut Butter chocolate, straweberry shake

lunch chicken quesidilla

snack unsalted tortilla chips and 5 layer bean dip

dinner broiled garlic shrimp and salad

pm snack 10 multigrain crackers and 2 tbsp unsalted unsweetened peanut butter.

calories 1388

carbs 117

protien 87

whatcha think[/quote']

Looks yummy to me!! Lol

Let us know how it works.

6 month follow up today.

I never know what to ask the man. What are some good questions for a 6 month appointment?

I'm feeling good and weight loss is slow but moving.

My Doctor is not personable he only answers direct questions... Nothing more.

I need questions.