Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

i am so happy for all of you losers, i am like the other slow losers and the losing 2lbs gain it back thing is getting old. yesterday morning i was 225 a few hours later i was back to 227 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i didint want to say anything but i did start working out a little, i didnt want to jinks myself but i am going strong tonight i start toning my jobs gym is reopened so i will be thiere starting tonight.

i feel like crap today i didnt eat to bad but i only had 24oz of Water and ive been eating turkey Jerky SODIUM today i will do better. i wish i loved my sleeve like you guys

Busting my butt 5 days a week 1 1/2 hours a day things like Elliptical treadmill bike circuit training Kettlebell workouts. I was sleeved 9/26/12 and only down 36 lbs started at 244. I am the slowest out of the group and I have busted my butt from day1. How I wish I could had lost like you all but I'm happy that I have lost :) even if is slow as crap lol Now lets all keep it up summer will be here soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Did your measurements change? I feel like I am a slow loser to but am thrilled with the loss and the inches that have changed too!! Stick with the plan!!!

ibehere ive lost a lot of inches also

Did your measurements change? I feel like I am a slow loser to but am thrilled with the loss and the inches that have changed too!! Stick with the plan!!!

No they have not in the past 2 1/2 months :(

Art song, geez I am not sure what to say. Could it be you are eating to many carbs? Maybe you can put a call in to your nut and have him/her review what you are eating so they can help you figure this out? I am hopeful the scale starts to move for you soon. Hang in

ibehere ive lost a lot of inches also

I am very happy with the changes in inches and my clothes sizes going DOWN!!! I look in the full length mirror and can hardly believe it is me I am seeing lol

Art song' date=' geez I am not sure what to say. Could it be you are eating to many carbs? Maybe you can put a call in to your nut and have him/her review what you are eating so they can help you figure this out? I am hopeful the scale starts to move for you soon. Hang in[/quote']

Lol no the cals are fine workout a lot all blood work is all good. I just don't drop it like most no biggy it's moving down.

Ibhere, sounds like you have lost a TON! But you've replaced it with muscle. And muscle weighs more than fat. I've always said, honestly don't care what the scale says, it's the clothes and the mirror that really do the talking.

I have had plenty of stalls and they suck and I get a bit discouraged. But I try not to, I just take a hard look at what I'm doing, what I'm putting in my mouth and if it's all good, then I talk myself into believing that my body is just adjusting and to keep doing what I need to do and all will start moving again. I think if we keep doing what we're supposed to be doing...keep our Protein up, keep pushing that Water, and watching the little sneaky things, we will see the scale move. We all know that we really could gain again, for real. We have seen people do it after having RNY. But we need to keep ourselves accountable, even if it's only being honest with ourselves. This is a great tool. But the tool don't work unless I do. So glad I did this. Even when I'm puking (which hasn't happened in a really long time...now look, I've jinxed it!), or can only take a few bites. I'm still glad I did it!

Just and FYI, I am a slooooooowwwww loser. Can't believe that I have lost what I have. Seriously, I have to tell myself nearly daily, that the scale really isn't lying. That I don't have evil elves living in my bathroom adjusting the scale overnight. We will keep on track because we really can do this. WE CAN!!! and all of us are doing it!

well said and thank you i needed that.

i worked out again last night can only do 30 min because of the knee pain but i did it

I haven't checked in in awhile. Work has been hectic, like most schools budget cuts, layoffs, etc. I was sleeved on 9/24/12 and am down 75lbs since surgery and 110 since I began the process. Funny thing is when I look in the mirror I look the same to myself. I definitely know I lost weight, none of my pre surgery clothes fit. I get extreme reactions from people I haven't seen in awhile. I wonder when or how long it will take for me to see the new me in the mirror? Did or does anyone else go through this?

I haven't checked in in awhile. Work has been hectic, like most schools budget cuts, layoffs, etc. I was sleeved on 9/24/12 and am down 75lbs since surgery and 110 since I began the process. Funny thing is when I look in the mirror I look the same to myself. I definitely know I lost weight, none of my pre surgery clothes fit. I get extreme reactions from people I haven't seen in awhile. I wonder when or how long it will take for me to see the new me in the mirror? Did or does anyone else go through this?

Teach5 --- only EVERY STINKING DAY!! I can see that my clothes are bigger. That I'm wearing smaller sizes. But like you, when I look in the mirror I feel like I look the same for the most part. I do notice a small change, but nothing (to me) that reflects my actual numbers. But I see myself every day. Maybe if I avoided mirrors for a while I'd be shocked when I finally looked in one. Way to freak myself out! Hard to do hair and put on makeup without a mirror though. Bahahahaha!

New gma! Love the new profile pic :)

I do see changes in my looks. Teach5 I am also sept 25 down 73 today... My nurse told me to take pics and put them up. I didn't put them on mirror but I have I my phone it helps. My waist is tiny I mean tiny my hips are my largest however I do feel smaller, when I get to a size though it seems I get used to that size for a whole and then don't see changes. Does that make sense. I'm sure you look fantastic! Just start feeling it.fake it till you do ;) it works!!!

Love, brandy

teach i feel you, just last night my co worker said wow you are skinny, i dont see it my clothes are bigger but i just dont see it

Did anyone have United Health Care??? If so, know of a excellent Bariatric Doctor??

My Mom wants to have surgery and is trying to look into it now.

I have United Health Care, their website will tell you what bariatric surgeons are in the network in your area. Once you get that list, you can start researching them, reading reviews etc. Good luck to your Mom, the insurance worked well for my surgery once I jumped through all the hoops they wanted.