Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I have had success with raw veggies as long as I don't overdue it. Celery seems to not go over very well. I can eat a piece but more than that and I regret it.

Kparker-

I've done the same thing the past few days. Ok. Are you ready for this. One day I ate lots if chips and dip. That was a first since well before surgery. I have been out of control for a few days. I'm not sure what is going on. All I want to do is munch on stuff. Well after the chip episode' date=' I trashed it all so I wouldn't eat again.

Maybe it's boredom. Kids are still home from Christmas Break. They go back on Monday so at that point.... I'm going to force myself to get off the couch and take some Water aerobic classes.

I've got to start exercising.[/quote']

I know for me it's boredom- Makes total sense

Justine! Good to hear from you! I too am struggling. I am at a standstill' date=' still and have not lost in a couple of weeks. I know I need to start exercising at this point but just can not seem to make time! I'm too busy face booking, lol. Well, just remember why you had the surgery and maybe you can try and find a local group to get motivated with you. I love the slider foods, tortilla chips, crackers, candy, you know the ones. I do say no but I am giving in more and more lately. :([/quote']

Thanks! I wish my body would reject slider foods. Ugh!

I can eat anything- I did notice that broccoli wants to come back up for whatever reasons though

I have been eating raw veggies for two months. I havent found any that dont agree.

I am also in a stall..going on 3 weeks and it sucks. My issue is i need to work out...anyone have spare motivation? Lol

As for hair its been dropping since 8 weeks out...i think its slowing down though. It was slightly depressing at first pulling clumps out in the shower and drying my hair..but oh well. I wont go bald but i do miss my hair being fuller. I have a bunch of little wisps too its pissing me off but atleast my new hair is growing back fast.

My goal for my 6 month appts is to b under 200 so 18lbs in two months is hopefully doable but overall im super happy with myself even if im a slow loser (only 40 since surgery)

I have been eating raw veggies for two months. I havent found any that dont agree.

I am also in a stall..going on 3 weeks and it sucks. My issue is i need to work out...anyone have spare motivation? Lol

As for hair its been dropping since 8 weeks out...i think its slowing down though. It was slightly depressing at first pulling clumps out in the shower and drying my hair..but oh well. I wont go bald but i do miss my hair being fuller. I have a bunch of little wisps too its pissing me off but atleast my new hair is growing back fast.

My goal for my 6 month appts is to b under 200 so 18lbs in two months is hopefully doable but overall im super happy with myself even if im a slow loser (only 40 since surgery)

Under 200 is a good six month goal, though not sure where you started :). That's my goal for one year -

I don't know if I'm a stall because I think I should be thankful I haven't gained from the crap I have been eating. :-). Hopefully your scale will move real soon!! Hang in there :-)

green i too need to workout badly

justine, kaparker, green you are right about those slidders. today instead of eating my whole wheat crackers with my tuna salad i had cheetos, co workers where eating chips, trigger. and for working out i got so disgusted today, i went to ross to try on jeans to see what size i am i thought i would be at least a 16 nottttttttttttt and the 18's didnt fit either, how big was my ass? my size 22/24 jeans are way to big so i dont know whats going on but when i took my clothes off and looked at the big mirror omg just flesh sagging and dimples and sagging and depressing. and illooked at my arms and omg they are just as bad. i must, we must get the excercise in. im so down right now, but my guy who i havent seen in weeks kept telling me i look good thats a plus

Have any of you started eating raw veggies yet?

I've been eating small salads for a couple of weeks. It makes my stomach gurgle but I love my salads.

justine' date=' kaparker, green you are right about those slidders. today instead of eating my whole wheat crackers with my tuna salad i had cheetos, co workers where eating chips, trigger. and for working out i got so disgusted today, i went to ross to try on jeans to see what size i am i thought i would be at least a 16 nottttttttttttt and the 18's didnt fit either, how big was my ass? my size 22/24 jeans are way to big so i dont know whats going on but when i took my clothes off and looked at the big mirror omg just flesh sagging and dimples and sagging and depressing. and illooked at my arms and omg they are just as bad. i must, we must get the excercise in. im so down right now, but my guy who i havent seen in weeks kept telling me i look good thats a plus[/quote']

No time for feeling bad NG- we need to get it together. You are going to do this girl! I stay away from clothes and wear them too big because I know damn well I ain't no 16 yet so until I am- I'm not even bothering. You can do this. Minor slip up. I was just researching online to find game day Snacks (after all Packers are in playoffs tonight which equals a must for yummy food!!). I'm going to try to avoid carbs and stick with cheesy stuff and meatballs.

What are your plans today?

Questions on foods.....I'm able to eat anything at this point but taste buds not back on some foods such as chocolate. Thank goodness. I tried a choc chip cookie and a choc candy at Christmas and it had no taste. I don't have an urge for that. Deep fried foods such as buffalo wings don't taste like they used to either. I'm eating all raw veggies and salads which is wonderful. Crave the produce and fruit. But my question is taste returning...and what Proteins are you eating because I am tired of chicken, turkey, eggs, even some fish. I got so tired that I bought my Protein Drinks a couple of days ago. Do you have your taste buds back and what proteins are you eating?

My tastes really have changed also. Some other Proteins I eat are hummus, different Beans, i like veggie burgers. I also make "sandwiches" with low fat cold cuts and cheeses and use lettuce in place of bread. I am sort of hooked on those right now. I don't know if you like tofu or not, I think it tastes like what ever you cook it in. Shrimp is one of my favorites because you can make it so many ways. I also make cheesburgers on th george forman grill with lean ground beef. A lot of of the extra grease drips out and again I replace Buns with lettuce. You can also add some nuts to salads. Just watch serving size. I also have a natural Peanut Butter that I use with apples or bananas. Just measure it accurately. Greek yogurt is high in Protein, not a fan of yogurt since surgery though. Also I tried Quest bars, very high in protein. They have a weird chewy texture, come in tons of flavors, maybe you could find one you like.

My tastes really have changed also. Some other Proteins I eat are hummus' date=' different Beans, i like veggie burgers. I also make "sandwiches" with low fat cold cuts and cheeses and use lettuce in place of bread. I am sort of hooked on those right now. I don't know if you like tofu or not, I think it tastes like what ever you cook it in. Shrimp is one of my favorites because you can make it so many ways. I also make cheesburgers on th george forman grill with lean ground beef. A lot of of the extra grease drips out and again I replace Buns with lettuce. You can also add some nuts to salads. Just watch serving size. I also have a natural Peanut Butter that I use with apples or bananas. Just measure it accurately. Greek yogurt is high in Protein, not a fan of yogurt since surgery though. Also I tried Quest bars, very high in protein. They have a weird chewy texture, come in tons of flavors, maybe you could find one you like.[/quote']

Thank you! These are great ideas! Yogurts, deli meats, turkey burgers and shrimp got old for me too :( but I've considered tofu. The peanut butter sounds good. I don't know if its taste bud issues that have contributed to being tired of eating protein or what. Like you, I don't eat breads. Wrapping in lettuce is a great idea! I crave spicy foods just to get flavor! Thank goodness the produce is appealing and craving because eating is a necessary chore right now. The veggie burgers sound good though!