Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

@npm ......great work on the wt loss. I too still have problems with lots of proteins.....I just keep trying.

NPM- I still throw up also. It just depends what I eat and how dense it is. I can not eat anything potato because I get extremely sick. I do better on small peices of Protein rather than chunks.

My sweet tooth is totally back. I can not wait till the holidays are over!! But overall you seem to be doing great! Congrats on the weight loss.

Kparker...totally!

Okay, my mother came for Christmas and I didn't even come to this site at all during that time, just so she wouldn't see. She noticed my tiny meals. Asked me why I wasn't eating much. I told her I was just eating small meals. She seemed to accept that.

And I lost a couple of more pounds over Christmas. Can I just scream right now? I know I need therapy. And I am more than aware that I did NOT do this sleeve surgery for anyone either than myself to be healthy and not die and to be around for my hubby and kids. But, DAMN, I am 67 pounds smaller than when my own mother saw me last! You think she could have said SOMETHING. Holy cow, people that see me each week have said "You look like you lost weight...blah, blah, blah".

Whatever. I did throw up once over Christmas. Just too fast and one stinking bite too many. Learning to eat slowly is the hardest thing.

My 3 month labs came back (still haven't seen my crazy NUT yet) but my PCM went over the labs with me. My Protein is low. Ya think?! Yeah, yeah, eat more protein. ON it. My A1C is down from 6.9 to 5.8....oh yeah, you see me doing a happy dance! I rock, you know I do! Cholesterol is way down and looking great...he's so proud of me. I love my doc.

So except for the low protein, my numbers look good. Now that the mother is gone, I guess I'll make an appointment with my NUT so the crazy woman can yell at me or whatever. Need more protein. So hard to eat. chocolate chip Cookies seem to go down well. Okay, actually, one chocolate chip cookie goes down. And I got another and couldn't finish it....I have never NOT finished a cookie. Cause I never met a cookie I didn't like. This is so awesome. I can have whatever I want and I don't eat the entire cookie jar or bag of candy or whatever it is. This is so totally awesome! And my mother can just take a flying leap!

MOMOFTHING123- You are so funny! It reminds me of the show "Everyone Loves Raymond" where Rays mom is the wicked mother in law from the west. I can just picture it now.

67 Pounds??? You go gurrrrll!!! I am proud of your acomplishement, now STAY AWAY FROM THOSDE DAMN COOKIES! And I will try and stay away from the Sees candies, ha ha ha.

@ momofthing.....way to go on the weight loss. WOW 67lbs!!! Your mom maybe needs glasses or is just pushing your buttons. You know how great you are doing and that is what counts.

momofnothing....congratulations! That is great!

I can relate a little bit. My friends (a couple) and I recently got together on Christmas Eve-Eve and we hadn't seen each other since 4th of July. I've lost 58 lbs so far and they didn't notice or say anything. LOL! Since people at work who see me every day have commented, and even comments on pictures I've only just started to post on Facebook for the first time, it surprised me a little. But that made me realize even more that its how I feel inside about the accomplishments, not what people say or don't say. :)

You are doing great! Hang in there with your mom.

Kparker...totally!

Okay' date=' my mother came for Christmas and I didn't even come to this site at all during that time, just so she wouldn't see. She noticed my tiny meals. Asked me why I wasn't eating much. I told her I was just eating small meals. She seemed to accept that.

And I lost a couple of more pounds over Christmas. Can I just scream right now? I know I need therapy. And I am more than aware that I did NOT do this sleeve surgery for anyone either than myself to be healthy and not die and to be around for my hubby and kids. But, DAMN, I am 67 pounds smaller than when my own mother saw me last! You think she could have said SOMETHING. Holy cow, people that see me each week have said "You look like you lost weight...blah, blah, blah".

Whatever. I did throw up once over Christmas. Just too fast and one stinking bite too many. Learning to eat slowly is the hardest thing.

My 3 month labs came back (still haven't seen my crazy NUT yet) but my PCM went over the labs with me. My Protein is low. Ya think?! Yeah, yeah, eat more protein. ON it. My A1C is down from 6.9 to 5.8....oh yeah, you see me doing a happy dance! I rock, you know I do! Cholesterol is way down and looking great...he's so proud of me. I love my doc.

So except for the low protein, my numbers look good. Now that the mother is gone, I guess I'll make an appointment with my NUT so the crazy woman can yell at me or whatever. Need more protein. So hard to eat. chocolate chip Cookies seem to go down well. Okay, actually, one chocolate chip cookie goes down. And I got another and couldn't finish it....I have never NOT finished a cookie. Cause I never met a cookie I didn't like. This is so awesome. I can have whatever I want and I don't eat the entire cookie jar or bag of candy or whatever it is. This is so totally awesome! And my mother can just take a flying leap![/quote']

I just had same experience yesterday. 67 Pds gone went to my daughters softball tournament with people I have been close to for 3 years. Nobody said a word. It's just amazing and a lot of it is jealously!! Most of the woman are fat and I knew right away they where envious and hubbies have been warned not to say a word. Just amazing kinda Hurt my feelings but I got over it quick!!

let me first say i love you guys (smooches)

npm welcome back girlie, great numbers i must say. my sweet tooth is back but you know how i fix it. i eat dark chocolate (hate It) but now love it. plus it makes me feel a little nauseas because its so bitter. oh and may i ask what kind of Calcium you take there are some great ones out there that taste like a candy treat i think thats what has kept me. as for protien how are you doing with food. i get all of my protien from my foods, keep a log that logs the amount of protien you will be fine.

bukki the same witht he Protein try and get it from your food i will post my meal plan today to show how i get it out of food.

parker looking good over there with that beautiful smile

momof girl i am so proud of you and you still mangaged to lose at

christmas. im glad your mom in law is gone home also. lol

bukkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hi :P

Becca and research ive noticed that ppl noticed and just wont say anything. some are jealous and some feel uncomfortable that they will insult you. or more of just jealous. yall know you look good and becca next time go there wear something sexy for them bitc>>>>>>>es lol. :huh:

for those having trouble getting protien and you are in your eating stages which i think we all are.

Breakfast. 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 wheat toast with margarine, light jam

snack 1/2 cup chobani yogart

lunch 1 trader joes breaded chicken breast, 1/2 of a whole wheat bun, lettuce Tomato

snack 2 oz tuna salad with 7 trader joes multigrain crackers

dinner 2 oz low sodium turkey breast, 1/2 slice whole grain bread, lettuce tomato onion, 1/4 cup of peach.

snack 1/4 cup apples.

1156 calories, 104 carbs, 92 Protein

i had to leave out the cheese because my protien would of been higher. its still a bit high.

no protien shakes

for those having trouble getting protien and you are in your eating stages which i think we all are.

breakfast. 1 scrambled egg' date=' 1/2 wheat toast with margarine, light jam

snack 1/2 cup chobani yogart

lunch 1 trader joes breaded chicken breast, 1/2 of a whole wheat bun, lettuce Tomato

snack 2 oz tuna salad with 7 trader joes multigrain crackers

dinner 2 oz low sodium turkey breast, 1/2 slice whole grain bread, lettuce tomato onion, 1/4 cup of peach.

snack 1/4 cup apples.

1156 calories, 104 carbs, 92 Protein

i had to leave out the cheese because my protien would of been higher. its still a bit high.

no protien shakes[/quote']

I still can't eat a whole chicken breast, no matter how small. Chicken, beef and eggs are still very hard for me to get down. I ate 1/2 of a homemade burger (90% fat free) and struggled for an hour to keep it down. I don't throw up as much any more but sometimes it would feel better if I could! I took a Protein Shake before work this morning just to make sure I start off with good protein. I had an oz of crab meat for lunch and 1/4 cup of refried Beans with melted cheese. Sometimes I can eat a slice of wheat toast with pb on it for a meal but never in conjunction with any other food.< /p>

Hmmm... how did I not see this Sept group before? I was sleeved on Sept 14th :) I still have a hard time getting in my Protein and liquids. shakes for me make my stomach want to do flips, same with any greek yogurts or cottage cheese. I add unflavored Protein Powder to things as much as I can. I am only drinking about 40 oz of Water a day.. I feel that I should be able to get more liquids and protein in.. I already feel like I eat and drink all the time!! I am averaging around 40-50 protein daily, 700-800 cals, under 40 carbs... What are all your resources for protein in actual foods? I can eat about 2 oz of meat at a time (chicken, ground turkey, beef).

I haven't had anything make me sick, I haven't thrown up once. I just know certain things make my tummy feel weird and I can't stand them after that.. I can only eat scrambled eggs if I don't cook them. Seeing them runny before being cooked makes me queasy and not be able to eat them!

Overall though I have had a great experience and wish I had done this sooner. But I've done it now and that is all that matters :)

Happy Holday's to All!! It's amazing how well we all are doing! Feels good to see that our hard work is paying off. I've been doing good just trying to get my Protein in and exercise when I can. Feels so good to be off majority of my medicines and return to the workplace. My journey started off with congestive heart failure and cardiac arrythmia which had me on at least 9 different medicines which caused me to be put on long disability. So, we decided that the sleeve will help me and it has changed my life! Only on 4 meds, all the Vitamins and released off disability Jan 2013!! THANK GOD for the sleeve and my September Sleevers!! Reading your blogs and status has lifted my spirits and gave me so much encouragement!!

Happy Holday's to All!! It's amazing how well we all are doing! Feels good to see that our hard work is paying off. I've been doing good just trying to get my Protein in and exercise when I can. Feels so good to be off majority of my medicines and return to the workplace. My journey started off with congestive heart failure and cardiac arrythmia which had me on at least 9 different medicines which caused me to be put on long disability. So' date=' we decided that the sleeve will help me and it has changed my life! Only on 4 meds, all the Vitamins and released off disability Jan 2013!! THANK GOD for the sleeve and my September Sleevers!! Reading your blogs and status has lifted my spirits and gave me so much encouragement!![/quote']

That's fantastic! Great job, I'm so glad you've improved so much, what a wonderful gift you've given yourself and your family and friends.

even though you cant eat most things try sticking to what you can eat. thats what i do i stick to what i can eat i try not to adventure off of my daily foods.