Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

girl i am there every week. they have pb with no salt all the good frozen foods all healthy stuff. oh and the Water for a liter is .50 take your time there lots of stuff oh and check out the fresh cut fruit.< /p>

Breakfast today was a slice of bacon, yes trader joes uncured bacon. and 1/2 of quaker instant low sugar oatmel. no really happy with this breakfast only 7 grams of protien.

green. i was told to get 1200 cals a day, i know i thought the same thing. somedays i can get there but most days i average 800-900cals a day. i suggest find something you really like and make it your lunch or dinner. like me i go to trader joes ive purchased things like teriyaki chicken, turkey corn dogs, orange chicken, shrimp fried rice, chicken egg rolls. and sometimes that still dont give me 1200 cals. i noticed through kaiser the last few weeks of 90 days they increased my portien from 2oz to 3oz so try that. i eat chobani yogart 1/2 cup now im going to increase it to 1 cup to add calories and hope i can fit it in my new tummy. let me give you a sample of what my breakfast and morning snack is. breakfast french toast, 1 piece of bacon and 1/4 cup of peach. i left a good piece of toast on my plate. morning snack is a baby bell cheese and 1/4 cup of sliced apples. havent planned lunch dinner yet. try some of the ideas. im losing 1-2lbs a week though so thats a little slow. but my nut said the slower the better our skin wont hang as much and we wont be at risk of gaining it back, its like our bodies adjust to that new wieght before it let go of somemore. :)

How in the world can they expect us to eat 1200 cal/day. Sometimes, I barely get in 600 and I have to force that. I'm getting to the point where I don't feel like eating no more.

toya i so agree. maye 12 days out of the week i can get 1000 in but it is hard, you have to eat something high in cals. which is hard when you are watching carbs salt and fat. geeshhhhhhhhhhhhh

How in the world can they expect us to eat 1200 cal/day. Sometimes' date=' I barely get in 600 and I have to force that. I'm getting to the point where I don't feel like eating no more.[/quote']

Just another phase u will get through it

So how are all of my Sept sleeve sisters doing with eating out now that we are 3 months out? I am wondering if I am in the minority. I HATE eating out now! I get so damn anxious in restaurants...very fidgety and bored and then sometimes kinda shaky. It's like I don't know what to do with myself and my hands. Haha! I just can't seem to want to spend the money on a dinner that I can only eat 3-4 bites of. Tonight we went to Saltgrass Steakhouse on our way home from the beach in Galveston, TX and so I ordered Soup and salad. Ate a few bites of the Caesar salad and it tasted so damn good. But the soup was meh....yuk. Sipped on Water and that was it. All the while my husband was enjoying a ribeye steak, romano potatoes, and beer. It's really hard to not get depressed right now, especially with all the Christmas parties, food, sweets that are available. And it is pissing my husband off because I never want to go out anymore. Boo.

momo girl where have you been. thats too funny eating out eating around others with lots of food i mess up and get sick each time. i eat small amounts but if i feel i have room i take in more, breath relax for a few min and eat somemore and i get sick every time. i dont want to eat out anymore i dont want to eat when there are other ppl. it sucks man

Eating out is a chore....had to ask my spouse to slow down twice yesterday at a steakhouse. We shared a steak and still had some to bring home.

I have hit my first STALL.... scale has not budged for 6 days....still eating right but not losing.

• bukki just think of it like this the body has to readjust

@newgrandmother....you sound like my surgeon. He says you are a baby that has to learn how to eat all over again.

If I go out to eat, I usually order the Soup. Or my husband will order a meal and share it with me. I went to a Mexican place and ordered a shrimp quesadilla off the children's menu, I still couldn't eat it all but it tasted great and at 1/2 the price, I didn't mind leaving some of it on the plate. I've been alternating between senior menus (hey, I'm 52, close enough) and kids menus. Sometimes it's just frustrating because the kids menu is all fried /tasteless stuff. Then I order what I want and ask them to bring a to go box with the meal cause a lot of it's coming home. Then I try to eat very slowly.

bukki lol

velena that makes sense because what happens to me is there is a lot of food in front of me, everyone is eating and talking and im doing the same, instead of paying attention to how much im eating. and talking with everyone i am also eating very fast. so im going to take what you said and practice when im out our around a group of ppl. but whats wierd is when i bring my own lunch at work ican sit talk and eat what imallowed and im cool. grrrrrrrr frustrating

well ladies i am full this morning.lol. breakfast was 2 slices of bacon, 1sprouted wheat toast w earth balance spread, just missing the jam lol

Hello all my fellow September sleevers. I have been gone for a while but I am back. I have been struggling. I have started working after two years of nothing. I have not gotten a routine down but I'm Almost there. I do pack my lunch now and get my Water in. I have not lost anything I. About three weeks. I am down a total of 40lbs preop and 33lbs day of surgery. I have changed my exercise routine maybe I should goback to just walking. I now do tread, toning Zumba etc and nothing. I do know since starting work I have went from 6 days a week exercising to three or four at the Y. Any encouraging thoughts phrases sayings etc would really help right now because I know I have not reach my stop maybe just stall I still have 30 more to go.

Question for you guys especially kaiser people. What is the amount of carbs salt and sugar you have to watch out for. I mentioned it to my nut and she said that because I am not able to eat as much as before at one time I should not be worried about those things. That just. Doesn't sit right with me. What do you guys think?

Question for you guys especially kaiser people. What is the amount of carbs salt and sugar you have to watch out for. I mentioned it to my nut and she said that because I am not able to eat as much as before at one time I should not be worried about those things. That just. Doesn't sit right with me. What do you guys think?

I was told the same thing by my NUT at kaiser, I asked several times and she wouldn't tell me. I set my fitness pal to the calories I want and then use their recommend amount of everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am not a Kaiser person but i was told by my NUT that since we cannot possibly eat what we used to that we don't really need to count anything. Low carb is anything under 150 a day and we need the carbs for energy and calories i get between 1000 to 1200 a day and already eat low sodium and am not a huge sweets person. I personally didn't have this surgery to sit here and spend my day counting everything I eat but everyone is different. I find that I eat a lot of dairy and meats and then fit in veggies and carbs when I can.

I just went on vacation to Vegas for a week and ate whatever i wanted (no issues eating out either) and still lost 6 lbs which i was thrilled about. I tend to go on stalls for a few weeks and then will lose 4lbs and then 2lbs but am averaging 10 lbs a month now. My only issue is exercising...i need to start doing that. I lost 25lbs prior to surgery day and about 40lbs since surgery. Started at a size 20/22 and i now fit into 16s which i haven't done since i was 19...crazy :wub:

This surgery was the best thing i have done and i have no regrets even if i sometimes might get frustrated i cannot finish my plate (but that's a good thing!). I have no issues with eating, going out to dinner and just stay away from Pasta and puffy breads because they fill me up way too fast.