Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Wow the bariatric Vitamins have to be taken 3 times a day, I'd never remember. I have to buy something since I ran out about two weeks ago :-/

Yes I talked to Katie, she said to relax since I'm doing good, that sometimes weight fluctuates and to stop weighing myself so much. Like you said the people that are losing 60-90 pounds in the first 3 months are probably malnourished and can gain the weight back. I explained to her that my weight loss pattern doesn't work for a food addict, I lose for 2 weeks and then stall for 4.

I got back on track with food today so hopefully I start seeing some results.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

mdm good for you. as for the Vitamins i continue taking the chewables its only 2 a day. the good thing is i dont have to buy other vitamins. just take that and the Calcium

Three month visit today. Can't wait for my official weigh in. Feeling great. Actually had to buy some new work clothes this weekend after my boss hinted that it was time (I was holding up my pants and safety pinning to keep up). long way to go, but I can finally see a change in how I look.

namanda thas great let us know how the visit went

im finally finding food i want to eat and food i like. for Breakfast i had french toast and bacon.

1 sprouted wheat bread

1/4 cup liqid egg white

1/4 cup nonfat lactaid

cinnimon

top with a tsp of trader joes organic maple agave Syrup

1 slice of uncured bacon. so yummy

243 cal and 13grams of protien

left a little bit of the toast

SUEPEEPS- Yes! Probably the most embarrassing topic. I got them while pregnant and the added weight did not help a bit. Since I have lost 40 pounds, I have not had a probelm at all. Its like they are not even there. Mine are inside which I dont know what is worse. My husband makes fun of me telling me I have "double hemmis under the hood", LOL.

NGMA- You are so creative. Everything you eat seems gourmet compared to me. I am drinking a Protein Shake for breakfast, and now I am wanitng bacon and french toast. Dont know if I willbe able to make my 2 pound a week quota thinking like that. :)

I am scheduled to see my wl team this afternoon and am freaking out.....I gained 2lbs this week !!! I have not been eating different. I have been on antibiotics for a nasty sore throat.

Will let you know how everything turns out.

post-42924-13813661510997_thumb.jpg

So I've lost 46 lbs and able to wear 13 - 14 clothes. I'm still struggling as I know I am not getting my Protein in everyday like I should and haven't been able to exercise the way I should due to obligations and an unsupportive spouse. I am starting to get depressed because I am unhappy in my life. Not just the weight but life. I had just lost my job after being there 10 years when I had my surgery and now I am a different person living a different life. Is it wrong that I've changed and am no longer happy in my old life? My husband and I had problems before but now days all I think about how my life would be without him as my husband. You all probably think I'm a horrible person but I have no friends to talk to about this and cannot hold it in anymore.... Sorry.

Oh man, mknmore! Im sorry you are feeling this way. This site is very supportive but to be honest I myself think you need to seek out professional counseling. I mean, this IS your marriage at stake. You both need to sit and really get out in open your issues and maybe you cam work thru them. Soooo many marriages end because of lack of communication. Id hate for that to happen to you. Is counseling an option for you all?

Oh man' date=' mknmore! Im sorry you are feeling this way. This site is very supportive but to be honest I myself think you need to seek out professional counseling. I mean, this IS your marriage at stake. You both need to sit and really get out in open your issues and maybe you cam work thru them. Soooo many marriages end because of lack of communication. Id hate for that to happen to you. Is counseling an option for you all?[/quote']

Unfortunately when I lost my job I also lost my insurance. So no not an option and the main problem is that when I do voice my concerns to him he acts like he doesn't care and doesn't respond even if I ask he flat out to answer me...

Oh boy. This sucks. Well im no expert but i do know (from experience) that it takes TWO to make a marriage work. But with your new life change id say right now you need to work on YOU. You had this surgery for a reason. You want to be healthty and happy! So maybe start with the healthy and focus on that goal since he is not on board right now. Get yourself right and healthy. To me your health is and should be most important. Maybe hell come around in the meantime. But as my mom used to say "you can lead a horse to Water but you cant make him drink". So you just gotta do you girl.

MKNMORE- I am so sorry you are going through this. I have been with my hubby for 20 years and believe me, we have had our ups and downs. I left him a couple times. All marriages have challenges BUT I was told during our Psych evaluation that the divorce rate is way high for bariatric patients. So is depression. I would not do anything drastic right now. I know at my church, we offer couselling for free and that may be an option. Leaving should be the absolute last resort unless he is abusing you or your children. You need to get to a point where you are happy regardless of him and what he is doing. Men do not know how to communicate at all! I always hear the stories of the women where their husbands are so great. But I am sure they all have bad qualities. Just think of the good things and why you married him and try to go back t o that. Until then, maybe you can get some individual counseling . Like I said maybe at a church or there are other public counseling for free.

HELP!!!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? One of our subcontractors gave me 2 pounds of Sees candy. The worst part is that they KNOW I had the surgery. What the HECK? People suck....

My 3 month visit went great. I lost 5 lb more than the surgeons goal for me. My blood work was great. Have to add some Vitamin A, but everything else was right on target. My surgeons was most happy about my resting heart rate. Down 20 beats since my first visit. Now in the 60's where it belongs. My BMI is down over 10 since surgery. Very happy. Still have a long way to go, but loving life right now. Down 88lbs in total and 65 lbs since surgery on 9/13. Next visit is in 3 months.

kparker what did you mean eating like that wont get you to goal? the toast and bacon or not eating enough? girl i had to get creative in order to eat because like today i dont want to eat. i am ordering some Protein rtd shakes for these days. i get thrown off easy and today i was. i found out my foot is worse than i thought plus severe arthritis on my knees so i didnt go to work today instead i went and got a massage because i was feeling off today. than my son visited and asked me to get him something to eat from wendys i had chicken nuggets and a little fries. didnt eat much today at all. tomorrow will be a better day i hope. i cant beleive someone gave you that see's why are ppl so dang stupid. they comment on your wieght and when you are doing something about it they want to sabatage you. stay strong and just freely give it away to a neighbor or something

mkn you are looking great whats the problem your pics are awesome.

bukki how did it go?

namanda thats awesome girlie

How many calories do you eat?

The question of calories is a mind blowing thing to me. Prior to surgery, I averaged between 1100-1200 calorie days. I did loose weight but it was slow. I've always been pretty good at keeping carbs down as well. Reason for surgery was even thought I didn't really eat bad I couldn't loose the weight.

Now after surgery my calorie intake is 600-800 a day.

I'm still a slow looser. My Nut says I need more calories. A minimum of 800 a day. Says my body thinks its in starvation mode and doesn't wanting to let go of anything.

I'm amazed that a bariatric patient can even consume the amount of calories that i was getting before surgery. Makes no sense to me.

I'm 3 months out. I've seen other people have increased calories to like 1000 or so a day.

I mean what the hell??? We didn't go through all this to be able to eat what I was eating before surgery.

What's your thoughts my friends????