Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Welcome k9qt! Wow, scary but praise the Lord you found your leak! That has been one of my biggest fears. Hope you progress well from here on out!

NGMA- You look AMAZING. I can see your transformation taking place and its crazy!

READY- I have tried Wine and Vodka and light cranberry on Thanksgiving. I also had 2 Mai Tais (sp?) a few weeks ago at my friends 35th birthday party. I do not really drink believe it or not unless its a special occassion. I get buzzed easy anyway because I dont drink and with the sleeve and 2 Mai Tais, I was VERY buzzed.

MOM- TRY THE COCONUT WATER!! If you have a girlfriend that can bring you some, try it. I would go back to broths and shakes/clear liquids as the other posters have said. I really hope you feel better soon. I will be praying for you!

Bariatric Fusion Vitamins are awesome. Taste is cool too. Only available online tho

Those are the ones that i use i buy them at my doctors office. Way easier to eat 3 of those a day then take 12 different pills (and cheaper). I like the strawberry and wild cherry so far.

Has anyone have their 3 month post op appointment? I have Kaiser and I have mine on Thursday I know I have to have blood work done bit don't know if I have to fast.

?

NGMA- You look AMAZING. I can see your transformation taking place and its crazy!

READY- I have tried Wine and Vodka and light cranberry on Thanksgiving. I also had 2 Mai Tais (sp?) a few weeks ago at my friends 35th birthday party. I do not really drink believe it or not unless its a special occassion. I get buzzed easy anyway because I dont drink and with the sleeve and 2 Mai Tais' date=' I was VERY buzzed.

MOM- TRY THE COCONUT WATER!! If you have a girlfriend that can bring you some, try it. I would go back to broths and shakes/clear liquids as the other posters have said. I really hope you feel better soon. I will be praying for you![/quote']

Oh ok.. I don't drink all the time either but when I go out & yes same as you special occasions... I will let you know how it goes when I do but been so busy lately haven't been in the setting to try a drink yet...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Scared, newgrandmother and any other kaiser patients, are we suppose to set up our appointments or do they call us? I don't have any follow ups scheduled, is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Delta-- are you on medication at all? What are you drinking? That is SCARY. I would stay away from it if that were the case for me.

Yes definitely scary. Ended up going to ER Saturday. Was there 8 hours while they did 4 different test. They were originally thinking blood clot from surgery was effecting my heart. But all 4 tests came back fine. So the only thing left was to monitor. They went away and tuesday I had a cocktail if tequila n lime juice and there they (palpitations) were again. Sooo needless to say-no alcohol for me anymore for a long while.

scared mines is today. it was a non fasting blood work. i meet with the baratric dr today and my nut

mdm give them a call. today is my my 12th week and mines was sceduled for me in advance also my blood work.

delta what are your drinking? maybe try something lighter like skinny girl drinks. or just dont drink at all girl.

well girls today is my 12 week post op. so 3 months right? i have so many questions for my nut. i packed a bag of Vitamins, foods im eating foods i want to know its ok to eat i am ready. i will be sure to let you guys know what happend today.

Scared' date=' newgrandmother and any other kaiser patients, are we suppose to set up our appointments or do they call us? I don't have any follow ups scheduled, is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I have Kaiser and I just had my first labs done. Kaiser doctors had not sent me any notifications.

After reading that my fellow Kaiser Sleeve Sisters have already had labs I emailed my Endocrinologist and she set up my fasting labs.

So far, all my labs have been great!!

well i am back from my 3 month check up

im losing at a good pace, i found out the Celebrate Vitamins and my Calcium is all i need for the rest of my life. she said what happened to me on thanksgiving was an acute dumping and its because i over loaded on fat and carbs and the carbs is what gave me the diarhea part. she was verp pleased with me.

my nut who is so patient looked at everything i bought in. i brought in my meals for a week, a couple of frozen foods i had questions about my Vitamins and she went over everything with me. i asked her wht should i focus on and she said calories and protien and not to worry so much about carbs because i cant get that many in anyway. she also said a low carb diet is 150grams or under so i am way good on that. all my labs looked great. i go back in 3 months because they follow us for 6 months.

any questions i will try to answer wht i can remember. oh i forgot the scale they have shows 2 more lbs than mines, bummer or should i just follow mines to keep track?

NGM glad to hear you had a good appointment. How long was the appointment? I have mine tomorrow but have no clue how long it'll be.

NGMA- Awesome women! Glad to hear you are on track. I am so proud of you!