Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I've been taking a chewable from The Vitamin Shoppe - Bariatric Support - It's not too bad but I've seen lots of great reviews on the Celebrate Vitamins.< /p>

If you choose non-bariatric Vitamins, make sure that you take high quality vitamins that include minerals (lots of them don't and minerals are just as essential for us as the vitamins). One a Day and Centrum are NOT considered to be high quality - they do not dissolve well in "normal" stomachs, much less in our tiny, itty bitty tummies. If you don't want to pay for the bariatric ones, I would go to a health food store or similar and get a really good one (which will probably be as expensive as a bariatric one).

I've decided to either continue with bariatric multi's or go with USANA brand (widely recognized as being among the best nutritionals you can buy - pharmaceutical grade, properly and easily absorbed, etc. But they are expensive :( ) and figure that the money I'm saving by not eating out and not drinking alcohol will more than make up for the expense LOL....... Besides, what's more important than our health???

mdm when i met with kathy after meeting with zelada she told us the Celebrate was good because you get everything you need in that one bottle. they told me the other one to take pre op. im thinking of switching to trader joes its on our list because the baratric ones i have to pay for shipping also.

getting there thanks for that information you explained it way better than i could.

getting there have you started losing hair?

11 weeks today man time flies. ive been nauseated a lot more than usual. only when i eat. now i have to order protien drinks because there are now days i wont get it from my food because i just dont want to eat all the time. weird. anyway hope everyone is having an awesome day

I'm glad you all are talking about this because I was told to take Centrum. I bought the one for Women because if the Iron. The only other things I'm taking are a Vitamin for hair, skin and nails and the third one I just picked up today is Calcium.

MDM didn't you tell me you use Kaiser? My Doct has not ordered any new blood work. I was thinking the blood work should have been done to check up on all my levels of nutrition.

I take the Centrum chewables in the clear bottle, they look like gum balls. I saw there is another bottle of chewables but haven't been brave enough to try them.

Newgrandmother I originally was going to buy Celebrate since all the Vitamins are in there but I couldn't afford them and I'm bad at ordering online in time to not run out.

Green yes I am thrift kaiser. I had blood work at the 2 week follow up and then the doctor I saw at 6 weeks ordered blood work for 1 month later but she wasn't happy with me because I wasn't taking all my vitamins and Protein so I think that's the only reason for the blood work. You must be doing a good job and following directions :-)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

green i am also through kaiser. i just got blood work for my dec 5th visit so far its been done twice since surgery. who is your dr. mines is miramdi.

mdm i hear you girl on the funds. i ordered 3 months supply before surgery at first i was like this is a lot but now its just right. i was at trader joes today and they now have the multi in chewable take twice a day. after these run out i will get those they were like maybe $9 mines is 15.99 plus tax and shipping. yikes.

Newgrandmother I saw dr. Rahnama but I'm not sure what kind of doctor she was. Is that just the doctor that follows up on us until we see the surgeon at 1 year?

NewGrandmother: How do the Trader Joe's chewables taste? Are they all nasty and gritty like the Celebrate ones. I am so glad to have finished those. Bought the swallow capsules but I throw those up it seems so sticking to gummies from Walgreen's. Now if I could just get through my huge bottle of Calcium chewables. Those are so nasty too! I have resorted to doing the chewy ones that are like chocolate candy, raspberry candy, etc..almost like a now or later texture. Much better.

MDM0927: How are the Centrum chewables that look like gumballs taste-wise? I looked at those too but ended up buying the Gummy bear looking ones (not sure on the brand at the moment)

Momto I like those chewables since they do kinda taste like a gum ball, the red taste the best. I was told not to take gummies because the Vitamins actually come off and stay in the bottle or rub onto other gummies so one day you could get to much vitamins and some days none.

mdm mines is miramdi. she will follow me and katie is my nut.

momof i didnt try them yet i still have celabrate left, lots in my btl. i did get there chewy Calcium and omg taste like chocolate now and laters. its like eating a piece of candy and you only need two of them.

NGM - No Hair loss so far (hoping it stays that way!). I started taking Biotin about 2 weeks post-surgery. Also using Nioxin Shampoo, conditioner & scalp treatment. Keeping fingers crossed that hair loss will be minimal :)

As far as Vitamins, a good friend of mine is a veterinarian - also has his masters in Chemistry and has completed advanced studies in nutrition as well. I go to him for advice since it is an area he is very knowledgeable about, he keeps up with trends and I trust what he says completely. His advice is to spend the money on high quality vitamins, preferably pharmaceutical grade. This way you are assured of what you are getting and that they will be well absorbed. Also need to keep minerals in mind. Don't take Calcium with Iron - separate by at least 2 hours. Vitamin C helps with the absorption of iron (if you are a post-menopausal woman, you may not need iron - check with your doc). His advice is to stay away from Centrum (as least in pill format) as it is notoriously poorly absorbed. Not sure if the chewable is any better. Some One-a-Day formulas and most gummie types of vitamins lack minerals - minerals are as essential to good health as vitamins are.

I KNOW high quality vitamins/minerals can be expensive. But what are you trading health & energy-wise to save some $$$ ? I'm saving so much by not eating out like I used to and not buying junk foods that I'll gladly spend the $ on vitamins, etc. that will help keep me healthy...... But I do realize that I'm very fortunate to be in the position to make that choice.......

getting. i agree 100% right now my funds are funny and hopefully by the time i finish this bottle i can afford the next one if not the trader joe ones is on my list of Vitamins that are recommended post surgery. Celebrate are really good i feel good about taking them but it all depends on how my money looks lol.

guys my stomach has reversed back to my first week after surgery i am nauseous after eating my hunger level is super low. every since i got sick on thanksgiving my tummy is not the same. and my pressure is super low now and im dizzy geesshhhhhhhhhhhhh

NGM- my Kaiser Doct is Dr Macik in Atlanta.

As of Dec 12 I will be 3 months post op with no blood work. I think they have let me fall through the gap. I will call today and see if I need to get blood work done.