Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

ones who stills feels hunger - real hunger, NOT head hunger - please let's not start that debate again :) ).

lol

Omg I really need to only weigh myself on Wednesdays!!! I drive my self nuts with the everyday thing. But why I'm posting I goto the gym in the morning o.0.I have set my new work schedule where I don't have any meetings till almost 10 o'clock that gives me from 8 am till 10am. Hard part getting Captain lazy pants "DH" to go to the gym with me. I do have a feeling I will start going by myself coz he is hard to get to do anything that doesn't involve sitting in front of the Xbox or a Computer. Btw he is very physically fit 6foot 178 it's all genetics for him lmao. So I guess this post is my hope,worrie and rant post man I love you all for putting up with my Random posts :)

my neighbour borrowed my scale and has not returned it since two days....i guess post op these are the only two days i havnt weighed myself.... o_O miss my scale.... but wanna see if the abstinence helps my relationship with my scale...its been preety rocky at times :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

I cant walk by the scale and NOT weigh myself so I had dh hide it. He brings it out once a week. It has been much better for me :)

Down 33lbs in seven weeks since surgery! Total lost since June 4th (day of seminar) 82lbs. Finally starting to believe this will work. Taking some clothes by Goodwill today. Before I always kept every size, thinking I might gain the weight back....NOT NOW! Am shopping in back of my own closet for now, pulling out those smaller sizes. God is good!

That made me smile. I have a large bag full of clothes to take to a consignment shop but I can't pull the trigger. The old me is still hovering around thinking, yeah, dream on girlfriend, you'll need these sizes again.

Instead of donating my "under-grown" (WOW is that fun to write!) clothes, I offered them on the Facebook page that my surgeon has for a support group. That way I KNEW they were going to someone that could really use them (in this case, a mother & daughter who had the surgery within 2 weeks of each other). All I asked was that once they didn't need them, to offer them to others in the group that might enjoy them.

They were SO appreciative!

I had the best Protein power up snack yesterday afternoon. I'm 8 weeks out, and after not having any bread or crackers for 3 months including my pre-op, I bought some Nature's Own 100 calorie Multi-grain English muffins at the store. They have 1 g of fat, 24 g carbs, 3 sugars and 5 g protein. I knew I would only eat one half so cut all those in 1/2, then I spread a think layer of Peanut Butter on it and some SF strawberry Preserves and it was heaven! Not an every day treat, but something for once in a while!

Instead of donating my "under-grown" (WOW is that fun to write!) clothes, I offered them on the Facebook page that my surgeon has for a support group. That way I KNEW they were going to someone that could really use them (in this case, a mother & daughter who had the surgery within 2 weeks of each other). All I asked was that once they didn't need them, to offer them to others in the group that might enjoy them.

They were SO appreciative!

Wow! How nice of you. There is nothing like "paying it forward". And that is great that your surgeon offers that FB page for support. I wish mine did that so I could find more friends locally to bond with.

I had the best Protein power up snack yesterday afternoon. I'm 8 weeks out, and after not having any bread or crackers for 3 months including my pre-op, I bought some Nature's Own 100 calorie Multi-grain English muffins at the store. They have 1 g of fat, 24 g carbs, 3 sugars and 5 g protein. I knew I would only eat one half so cut all those in 1/2, then I spread a think layer of Peanut Butter on it and some SF strawberry Preserves and it was heaven! Not an every day treat, but something for once in a while!

I just had a similar snack a few minutes ago...1/2 well toasted English muffin with 2 Tbs of chocolate PB2. Yum!!!

I havn't posted for awhile, but here I am tonight: I am doing great, or was until I came home from being gone all day ( trying to do my internship hours for a class I took) and was really hungry. Heated up a chicken thighs I had cooked and ate fine yesterday. Well I think I ate too fast, and maybe too much 1 thigh and a bite from the other; and got that intense full feeling. A hour later it all came up. First time since surgery that I've done that. Just saw my md on Friday and got to tell him no I never vomitted ever. Guess that shows me. Now just an intense headache. This may be a rough week. I was going to try to do 4 days of internship. I havn't worked since March 15th because of back surgery and still need knee surgery on both knees. How do you get back on track eating after?

Wow! How nice of you. There is nothing like "paying it forward". And that is great that your surgeon offers that FB page for support. I wish mine did that so I could find more friends locally to bond with.

Momto3 - I'm not sure how the FB site was started but it's awesome! It's a private site so our posts are seen on that page only, not on our regular FB - keeps our WLS stuff "between us." The administrators have to approve people to join too. You might research it and perhaps start your own group for your surgeons patients.

Had my surgery on Sept 7. I have lost a total of 85 pounds since preop. 50 lbs since surgery. I went down 5 sizes in pants and now shop in the regular dept instead of big and tall. If feels great, but weird. Would not change it for the world. Still adjusting to the amount of eating, but having no trouble with whatever I eat.

Having one of "those" days. Days when I think my stomach may be normal and I broke it (although the amount of food is still the same). Just thought that I would be losing a little faster than I am. Not that I'm totally complaining. Just worried that those few pounds might just be it. Could be the TOM talking. But like I said, it's one of those days.

Me too, MOM!! I have been so worried that I am not going to lose any more. People keep asking "how much have you lost"? When my response doesnt change I feel like I am doing something wrong. I know I have to hit the gym here soon.