Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

green thank you for the congrats

Seems like most of us are doing well. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss progress. I have not noticed any shedding of my hair that is more then usual. Even though I am in need of a hair cut. Once I get to my mini goal (5 pounds away) I am treating myself to the salon for a new hair style.

Tara

I don't know what I weigh at 8 weeks out. 2 scales and both are not accurate.

I'm wondering if anyone fills their plate more than they should? Meaning: No matter what I make or order my brain STILL always takes wayyyyy more than my belly would accommodate. I actually took a picture of my food when I made tacos (no shell) and literally sat back when I sat down before I ate and thought "who am I trying to kid and WHY do I continue to do that?". Why waste food and money. Brain and belly are not on speaking terms right now

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!! Sounds like you're hitting your stride so to speak and know what you need to do to keep losing. Same here, now just gotta get walking. Like momto3 said, life, work, kids, etc. getting in the way. I need to get in my own way and focus on me for a change. At least a little each day.

Hair loss? I noticed some less than a month out, but then it sort of leveled off. I'm not quite 2 months out yet. And actually it seems thicker almost now. Well maybe not thicker, but just more of it. Weird.

I'm wondering if anyone fills their plate more than they should? Meaning: No matter what I make or order my brain STILL always takes wayyyyy more than my belly would accommodate. I actually took a picture of my food when I made tacos (no shell) and literally sat back when I sat down before I ate and thought "who am I trying to kid and WHY do I continue to do that?". Why waste food and money. Brain and belly are not on speaking terms right now

Ido the same exact thing. I was just telling my mom lastnight that I finally stop myself from getting the second spoonful but. Ow I have to cut the first one in half. Or maybe I should say serving not spoonful.

I Did it!!! I weighed in this morning at 229.6 (a number i havent seen since my Junior year of college) and am down 50 lbs!!!! I have never been able to lose more than 20 lbs at a time and now I am down 50. Only 26 of that is after surgery (I had a 3 week stall) but I am still happy and I have no regrets. I only got sick once at the beginning but i can eat everything with no issues. I dont need to drink Protein Drinks becuase i get enough Protein from food. I dont even feel like I had surgery except for the fact that I can now only eat a third or maybe fourth of what i used to! I am down to a solid size 18 and some large but mostly xl tops (used to be a 22 and xxl top) and the only annoying thing is all the shopping i have to do haha i am trying to limit myself to a few things here and there but for work i need business casual so its not super cheap.

I hope everyone else feels the same and from the posts i see everyone is doing great with their loss! Now to get my butt to the gym :wub:

Surgery date was 9/18

I'm down 43 lbs and I'm in onederland!!!!

Wearing jeans and boots I haven't worn in years!!!!

Strutting my stuff!!

i cant wait to wear calf boots. My calves right now are 19in and most boots are 17 in...sigh...maybe in a few months!

Congratulations everyone !

i cant wait to wear calf boots. My calves right now are 19in and most boots are 17 in...sigh...maybe in a few months!

If you have an Avenue store or Lane Bryant near you I think their calf boots are made a bit wider. Might be worth a try since it is that time of year for boots!

For those of you posting about Hair loss, I have been using Nioxin Shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment. Haven't hardly shed any hair in almost 8 weeks...although it seems like I read somewhere that 3 months is usually when it will be the worst. Anyway, I am assuming the stuff is helping but of course can't prove it. I got it at ULTA. It is expensive though. There are all different stages so be sure to buy the correct one for your type of hair-for example I use stage 3 since I have baby fine hair that is highlighted. So hopefully this will help some of you.

Justine - I did that too but now I use a small plate (salad plate or bread & butter plate) instead of a regular dinner plate. Instead of a bowl, I've been using a ramekin. Makes it look like I have more food than I do so I'm kind of tricking my brain. Works pretty well - I don't feel like I'm always staring at a mostly empty plate.

I've had a hard time adjusting to taking SMALL bites and eating SLOWLY but I notice that when I do, I tend to eat less because I feel full sooner. I'm not successful everytime, but it's something I'm working on :) I try to put my fork or spoon down between bites and completely chew/swallow before taking the next bite. These things all help, but don't come naturally or easily (at least to me :) )

Justine- I do the same thing. I am guilty of taking a couple of bites and being full, and then taking a couple of more because I think "this can not be the end of my meal"!! I feel terrible after eating too much and sometimes have to purge because I am so sick. I am getting better trying not to do that to myself. It definitely is a learning curve for me too.

Justine, I too an guilty of that. I think that has been one of the biggest challenge I've had. I serve myself like I could really eat.

Something I have to work at.

You guys make me feel normal. I wish I could get control of it all. I really don't get sick. Wish I did. I dot usually over eat but I tend to take more food on my plate. I also am not afraid (wish I was) to grab Halloween candy if I feel like some. P's me off. I kinda wish it was Sept 13

Again and start

Over.

:(

You guys make me feel normal. I wish I could get control of it all. I really don't get sick. Wish I did. I dot usually over eat but I tend to take more food on my plate. I also am not afraid (wish I was) to grab Halloween candy if I feel like some. P's me off. I kinda wish it was Sept 13

Again and start

Over.

:(

I am the same way. I could eat whatever I want and not get sick. Sometimes I wish I would've had the rny instead. Ugh! Just noticed we have the same surgery date. 8 weeks ago today.....

I feel so uncomfortable today. Gave some Soup a try and that just made me full of air/gas/burp.

Hang in there. We have to make good choices.