Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Sounds like several of us are having issues with the way food tastes. I know my taste buds are all out of whack.....everything tastes too sweet! Even plain water!

I had my 6 week follow-up appt today and have lost 28lbs since surgery and 75 since June 4 when first met my surgeon. I asked the NUT today about all my food problems and she said I was doing fine and just take it slow and easy. Was told my sleeve might be really tight.....so I am gonna hang in there and keep trying my best.

Probably I will have food envy when I read what others are eating. At least I am not feeling hungry all the time. September Sleeve Sisters rock!!!!

funkee you are so funny. i couldnt wait for the refried Beans and it was so nasty to me i have not eaten it since. i have some jimmy dean crossant sandwiches see how i like that minus the bread

Newgrandmother- I wish I had that problem. I am still hungry ALL the time and I find myself grazing which I know is a no no. I seriously can eat every couple of hours and I can eat 1/2 cup about. What is my freaking problem?? I am also at a stall. Have not lost in 2 weeks.

Who says you have to eat Breakfast food for breakfast!? If there's something you've been craving (healthy choice' date=' obviously) maybe try it for breakfast to get your appetite on track!

I'm still on full liquids post-op but I'll tell ya right now, the first day I'm on puree I'm definitely NOT having oatmeal for breakfast or a shake... Refried Beans and melted cheese is first up on my menu! LOL[/quote']

I agree!! I had bfast for lunch today-turkey sausage & southwestern egg beaters...very good!!

I must have a big pouch cause I can eat. I had 2 egg whites with a bit 1/2 a turkey Patty for breakfast... Well I only ate half. Then I had the.other half Patty wrapped in lettuce for lunch. My taste buds have not.changed at all. I was hoping I wouldn't like sweets anymore but I do. :(

I must share with you: I'm 7 weeks out today and I was able to wear a size 8 skirt.. yes um doing the happy dance!

And one more bit of good news from Houston...I have not only gone down from 3x work scrubs to 2x but I also fit into my first XL t-shirt in many many years!!! I am so happy. AND, I ordered a new Texans thermal shirt and it arrived yesterday and OMG! IT IS HUGE ON ME....It is a 2X and I have got to return it. All of this is with a 28 pound loss since my surgery on 9/17/12.

WOW, a size 8???? That is awesome. I would be dancing too, girl! Congrats.I can not wait to get into an 18, LOL

WOW' date=' a size 8???? That is awesome. I would be dancing too, girl! Congrats.I can not wait to get into an 18, LOL[/quote']

Thanks. You will get there and soon you'll be doing the happy dance.. let me know when you get there so that I can join you in the happy dance.

Anyone else having this problem... I was cleared 2 weeks ago for just about anything besides Pasta bread corn ect. So trial and error but I have been throwing up at least one meal every other day or so. It just sits there in my throat. Ugh so horrible

Kparker: I was hungry all the time too there for a while....like a couple of weeks. And now it has somewhat subsided. I do try to drink at leat 10 oz of Water before I eat breakfast...but that is just my way of getting in my water.

npm518: I was throwing up for quite a while as I got used to my new tiny tum. I still do on occasion. I have found that eating uber slow helps. Obviously chewing well, is a no-brainer. But the slow eating and waiting just to make sure there's room for the next bite helps. I'm not perfect at this yet. Sometimes I think there's room for another bite and so I eat it and start running for the bathroom. And once I start to vomit, there's no stopping it. It seems like now I can vomit super easy. Almost if I think about it, the food comes up. Okay, probably not quite that easy, but I used to be able to fight vomiting. No longer. I sometimes feel like I'm bulemic!! I'm not. But it's kind of funny. Eating slowly does help. And it's really a learning curve to know how much your stomach is going to hold. We all dont' have the same size. Different surgeons each do it their own way. Trial and error. Hang in there!

NPM518- I DEFINITELY relate to this. I throw up all the time. The bottom line is I over eat still. I am still learning that I do not need to eat a whole plate to be full. the PP is correct. SMALL amounts and chew chew chew. I find when I take only a couple of tablespoons and savor that I have no problem. But when I eat fast and like I did before the surgery, I throw up. I also feel bulimic but I am trying to change the way I eat. Some things go down better than others. The more solid foods I eat, I tend to get sick.

MOMOFTHINGAND2-Love your screen name. Thank you for the response, I am going to try to force the Water in. I have been lacking in that department for sure.

so im eating a jimmy dean croisaant sandwich minus the cheese and top half of bread i only go through half before feeling nauseaus the bread is sweet gross. im done. i will eat the other half for snack i guess

so im eating a jimmy dean croisaant sandwich minus the cheese and top half of bread i only go through half before feeling nauseaus the bread is sweet gross. im done. i will eat the other half for snack i guess

O don't say that I love them things afraid I'll hate them now so I haven't even tried. I don't want to have the Olive Garden experience I had a couple weekends ago 10 years going there same thing every time now I can't stand the taste :( .

artsong i threw the other half in the trash im having a protien shake for snack jsut to get my Protein in. i got some ceral today i will try that tomorrow and see if i like it.

so i made the spagetti i hope i like it, please god let me like it, it smells so good i have whole wheat spagetti and ground turkey meat sauce thats my dinner. for lunch some orange chicken like 2-3 oz i will have that alone because the carbs in on the chicken lol.

Those of you still drinking Protein Shakes, what kind do you drink? I'm sick of EAS, don't like the taste of Unjury and muscle milk is disgusting. My NUT said I have to drink Protein shakes for 3-9 months since there is no way to get 70-90 grams of protein in with just food. I just ordered a sample pack of nectar, I hope those taste good.

Sent from my iPhone using VST