Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I just had a little bit of crab ceviche made mild with thinly sliced cucumbers and lime juice..... Ate about 40 minutes ago and seem to be ok.....

I buy it it a Max Muscle. I tried all the other Protein shakes and they were all either to sweet or to chaulky tasting for me. This one is perfect. What I like is that I have the 60 gr. of Protein before noon. I forgot to mention that it's 130 cal per scoop. Not to bad.

I live in Dallas & have never heard of Max Muscle... Sounds like I really need to get some

of this... Unfortanetly I am back in the hospital - the side pains I have been complaining about since surgery haven't gone away & I'm also dehydrated... Been stuck 4 times to get an IV in & now that messed up & will have to be stuck a 5th time now - this is just insane - can I just skip past all this & eat & be normal...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Sleeved on Monday the 17th so this is Day 2 I guess. Still having lots of pain. Trying to not take the pain meds but it has not worked thus far. Everything hurts going down. Don't think I am meeting my 40-80oz of liquid per day. I just don't know how that is possible. I don't see my doctor until a week from today. Got to take off my dressings and shower today which was nice. But wow, the incision on my left is really sore this afternoon. Still feel really bloated and full of air. Trying to walk around my house but of course it is not as much as when I was in the hospital. So far, just not feeling happy about all this but hoping that once I start feeling better that my feelings will change.

You will get better. About my second day home, I was feeling some "buyer's remorse". Cause I felt useless and hurt and well just felt like crap. It got better. The Water is hard to get down those first few days. But each day is a little better. Hang in there. You should feel a bit better every day.

Hey guys. My surgery was Sept. 11, so I am post op day 8. My program has us stay 2 nights in the hospital, and we are progressed to full liquids by the time we leave the hospital.

I went home with tylenol with codeine, but it didn't do too much for me. I last took pain meds on day 5. I am still very sore on the largest incision (under my left breast, where they remove the stomach), but it is more pain in the muscle, not the cut itself. I'm not allowed to engage my abs for 4 weeks (3 to go), or lift more than 15 lbs. Getting out of bed, or off the couch, has been very difficult, and I'm sure I've strained the muscle somewhat. What I ended up getting for the couch was one of those pillow chairs. It's a great support for my back, and reduces the distance when getting up. Like some of you, I have been having back pain. However, it is only on the left side, and I can tell it is from the muscle compensating for the weakness in my abs.

Now... about the food. It's been a ROUGH several days. I was on the Bariatric Advantage shakes pre op. I started adding them to my diet 4 weeks pre op. 2 weeks pre op I was only "eating" the shakes, sugar free Jello, broth (for a few days then it just made me want to puke), and string cheese. Now, I can't even finish one because I am just so OVER them. The Protein supplement I got to add into my Soups was GROSS. It didn't mix into my Soups, so it just was a hassle. I haven't been getting all my Protein in, I know for a fact. But, today I found a supplement that I am picking up tomorrow from The Nutrition Shop next to my house. The guy made me a sample. It's smooth as Water, mixes SUPER well, only needs to be made with about 6 oz of Water, and contains 32 gm of protein.

The soups... I went without salt and carbs for so long pre op, that I think my body is in a little shock. I love cream of potato, but didn't want to live on it alone because of the carbs. So, I have gotten regular soups and have just strained out the broth. Way better than just chicken or beef broth. Also... Last night was bad. I made instant mashed potatoes and made em soupy with beef brother. SUPER AMAZING. But I can't do that any more because it's feeding my head hunger and not my nutritional needs. :(

I've found it hard MENTALLY more than anything. I've never been at a decent weight (in my mind), so it's hard to imagine that this is actually going to work. I was super motivated before. Now that my friends have gone home and aren't here to help me, it's harder.

But I guess this is where we separate the old us from the new us, huh?

Today has been better... more walking, and doing stuff around the house. I'm also going to be off work for 5 more weeks.

Hey guys. My surgery was Sept. 11, so I am post op day 8. My program has us stay 2 nights in the hospital, and we are progressed to full liquids by the time we leave the hospital.

I went home with tylenol with codeine, but it didn't do too much for me. I last took pain meds on day 5. I am still very sore on the largest incision (under my left breast, where they remove the stomach), but it is more pain in the muscle, not the cut itself. I'm not allowed to engage my abs for 4 weeks (3 to go), or lift more than 15 lbs. Getting out of bed, or off the couch, has been very difficult, and I'm sure I've strained the muscle somewhat. What I ended up getting for the couch was one of those pillow chairs. It's a great support for my back, and reduces the distance when getting up. Like some of you, I have been having back pain. However, it is only on the left side, and I can tell it is from the muscle compensating for the weakness in my abs.

Now... about the food. It's been a ROUGH several days. I was on the Bariatric Advantage shakes pre op. I started adding them to my diet 4 weeks pre op. 2 weeks pre op I was only "eating" the shakes, sugar free Jello, broth (for a few days then it just made me want to puke), and string cheese. Now, I can't even finish one because I am just so OVER them. The Protein supplement I got to add into my Soups was GROSS. It didn't mix into my soups, so it just was a hassle. I haven't been getting all my Protein in, I know for a fact. But, today I found a supplement that I am picking up tomorrow from The Nutrition Shop next to my house. The guy made me a sample. It's smooth as Water, mixes SUPER well, only needs to be made with about 6 oz of Water, and contains 32 gm of protein.

The soups... I went without salt and carbs for so long pre op, that I think my body is in a little shock. I love cream of potato, but didn't want to live on it alone because of the carbs. So, I have gotten regular soups and have just strained out the broth. Way better than just chicken or beef broth. Also... Last night was bad. I made instant mashed potatoes and made em soupy with beef brother. SUPER AMAZING. But I can't do that any more because it's feeding my head hunger and not my nutritional needs. :(

I've found it hard MENTALLY more than anything. I've never been at a decent weight (in my mind), so it's hard to imagine that this is actually going to work. I was super motivated before. Now that my friends have gone home and aren't here to help me, it's harder.

But I guess this is where we separate the old us from the new us, huh?

Today has been better... more walking, and doing stuff around the house. I'm also going to be off work for 5 more weeks.

Yeah, that whole "head" thing is a killer. I'm usually great all day long...but I want to eat dinner with my family. Just chew something. But I'm not. And bless my husband, for the last couple of days he's been eating (actually drinking is a better term) the exact same things I am. He sees that I feel on the outside right now cause I'm healing and can't eat real food. I'm actually looking forward to baby food in six days. So bizarre.

And I have to ask...WHAT is the protein supplement that you found that mixes so well and is 32 g of protein? Is it something that you could mix into soups or is it just another flavor? I'd love to add protein to the soups without adding milk (not liking all the carbs in milk), and without making the Soup inedible.

And don't worry, once we reach the weight we're comfortable with, then we will be able to eat the things we like, even the not so good for us things, but in moderation only. If I tell myself that I can have what I want, but right now I choose to eat this then I feel like I'm in control of what goes into my mouth. We're all in this together.

Hello everyone, I'm 10 days out today and doing great. I'm getting all my Proteins and basically thats all im getting, lol. I tried cream of chicken Soup and i'm not liking the taste so i don't know what else to do. Please Help!

Hey sleevers! Had my revision on the 14th. Things r great so far, little tired, but that's to b expected! I'm 20lbs down as of a few days ago, with 13 of that lost preop. I'm still doin Clear Liquids, although my paperwork says I could have started a bariatric soft/purée my 4th day out. May b I'm scared? Nervous? I kno I'm apprehensive on advancing...so I haven't started it yet. I c ppl on here so ready to start their next stage-but I'm a chickensh*t!! Lol eh, may b in a few more days...

tasha try cream of potato cream of brocolli theres lots of them out there

soready yayyyyyyyy im glad you are ok girl good to see your post

well today is starting out ok its day 8 post op no naseau this moring thank god for that. have errands to run today i feel i can drive now, im so independant. i was able to sleep on my tummy last night can you believe that wow. anyway hope all is well with everyone and keep posting you never know who you might be helping

Hello everyone, I'm 10 days out today and doing great. I'm getting all my Proteins and basically thats all im getting, lol. I tried cream of chicken Soup and i'm not liking the taste so i don't know what else to do. Please Help!

Mz Tasha, Campbell's makes these Soups in black boxes called "Gourmet Bisques"....can I just say " 'Tis Tasty"? They are good. And it's a nice step away from all the sweet Protein, Jello, popsicles, etc. I think my favorite is the Golden Butternut Squash and the Thai Tomato Coconut. So yummy.

Hello everyone! I had my surgery on the 13th and still sore enough that I'm still taking pain medicine. I feel like I'm not doing as well as everyone else but I have to keep reminding myself not to compare since every body is different.

The first 3 days I only ate sugar free popsicles because that's all I could keep down and tasted good. I am suppose to have between 60-75 grams of Protein per day. I am using EAS protien powder mixed with 6 oz of lactaid which is pretty good. I just mixed it with sugar free pudding which was also good.

I'm having a hard time getting enough Water in so I'm eating 5 or 6 Popsicles a day since that counts as water. I'm hungry most days but nothing that I'm allowed tastes good, can't wait to start eating real food again.

I'm picking it up today, so i will let you know. It only comes flavored. But with how light it is, I don't even care. It will be nice to be able to just have the drink, and not have to mess with adding Protein into Soups.

Yeah, that whole "head" thing is a killer. I'm usually great all day long...but I want to eat dinner with my family. Just chew something. But I'm not. And bless my husband, for the last couple of days he's been eating (actually drinking is a better term) the exact same things I am. He sees that I feel on the outside right now cause I'm healing and can't eat real food. I'm actually looking forward to baby food in six days. So bizarre.

And I have to ask...WHAT is the Protein supplement that you found that mixes so well and is 32 g of protein? Is it something that you could mix into soups or is it just another flavor? I'd love to add protein to the soups without adding milk (not liking all the carbs in milk), and without making the Soup inedible.

And don't worry, once we reach the weight we're comfortable with, then we will be able to eat the things we like, even the not so good for us things, but in moderation only. If I tell myself that I can have what I want, but right now I choose to eat this then I feel like I'm in control of what goes into my mouth. We're all in this together.

Oh, oh, oh, I found an unflavored protein...Syntrax nectar makes one. Got it from Amazon for 16 bucks. Can't wait to get it here tomorrow and start adding it to my soups! Yay, me:)

Just got back from two week appt. 23 Pds since surgery. Happy but still on this mushy food really isn't fun!!