Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

HELLO I AM DAY 6 I WOKE UP FEELING GOOD BUT AFTER MY SHOWER AND FIX MY Breakfast I FEEL SO SICK RIGHT NOW I CANT EVEN DRINK MY Breakfast, I HAD TO TAKE A NAUSEA PILL. LAST NIGHT WAS RUFF I MUST SAY. I THINK I STRESSED THE MAIN INSISION AND IT BOTHERED ME ALL NIGHT THE ACHE WENT ALL THE WAY TO MY BACK. YES I WAS SCARED BUT I KNEW I WOULD BE OK. I THINK I AM HAVING A REACTION TO TRADER JOES SPICY BLACK BEAN Soup, KEY WORD SPICY LOL.

I WAS ABLE TO GET MY 60 GRAMS OF PROTIEN IN AND I THINK THAT MADE ME SICK AS WELL I WAS FORCING IT BUT I COULDNT FINISH IT NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRIED LOL.

I HOPE EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD THE SURGERY IS DOING WELL. PLEASE SHARE YOUR PROGRESS SO WE CAN LEARN FROM EACH OTHER.

Today is also my 6th day out. I am feeling great!!!! I returned back to my college classes today which I only have on Tuesday's and Thursday's and felt good! After class I went to the store and then went and walked a mile. As of today I have lost 16 lbs!!! I'm so glad I had this done.

Day 8 here. Doing great have zero nausea and stopped pain meds on day 5. Incisions sore but not unbearable. Not concerned with getting all my Protein in yet but doing good with my Fluid intake. Thought i was lactose intolerent but did stop shakes and and few bites of yogurt and did not have to run to the bathroom so i concluded that i was just not ready for Protein Shakes

Looking forward to losing the weight safely.

Also lost 1" from neck and 14pds im very pleased. Stomach still bloated a bit so no inches lost there yet. Need to walk more i know but just really concentrating on healing up first.

I'm 15 days out. Today is the 2nd day back to work and I'll see my Dr. later for the first follow up visit. Hoping I can start on purees tomorrow and thicker stuff like cottage chees and oatmeal. 28 lbs so far. Blessed not to have much nausea unless I swallow too much or eat too fast. Gas pains were the worst. I'm finding the Protein Shakes I make myself are good ( coconut or almond milk, whey Protein, greek yogurt and your fav fruit) , as are Premiere's, nectar fruit protein mixes you mix with Water, and Muscle Milk. My husband bought a Nutri-Bullet (made by Magic Bullet) and that will turn anything to liquid and preserve all the nutrients and Fiber in it - flaxseed, walnuts, spinach, kale, all fruits - this thing is amazing! If you buy it from the website, you can get this great book that gives you all kinds of recipes for the mixes. You get a LOT of nutrition packed into each cup you make. This is going to prove to be a great investment. Just drink the first few at night, at home, as they act as quite a cleanse in the beginning, until your body gets used to drinking pure nutrition. :)

Today is also my 6th day out. I am feeling great!!!! I returned back to my college classes today which I only have on Tuesday's and Thursday's and felt good! After class I went to the store and then went and walked a mile. As of today I have lost 16 lbs!!! I'm so glad I had this done.

Congrats on the 16 lbs.

I'm 6 days post op and I've been tired alot. I'm not supposed to start my multi-vitamins and B12 pills until tomorrow so hopefully that helps. I'm def not getting in my 64 oz Protein and 64 oz liquid. I've been drinking the Atkins Advantage for my protein which only had 15 g protein and that is the most I might get. I'm thinking I might just start making my own. I'm down 10.4 lbs since surgery so that's a plus. I'm noticing my incisions are starting to itch and some of them are hurting more than the others but I'm gonna ask about it at the post op appt. I'm supposed to go see my surgeon this afternoon for my post op appointment. I wish there were a Trader Joes in my area...

I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow :) I am tolerating things very well, I have yet to get sick or anything. I had 2 days of nausea after surgery but that was about it. The dermabond on my incisions is starting to peel away and starting to itch a tad. I have lost 24 pounds thus far, with pre-op diet and my first week of weight loss. My 2 weeks appt is tomorrow, so Im kinda anxious to see what the doc has to say. Good luck to yall :)

WOW.

shelly congrats on the 16lbs ive only lost 5 lbls maybe i should start walking and stop babying my wonds. lol

mufasa congrats on the 14lbs.

hopeful i might have to get one of those and congrats on the 28lbs lost

toya thats weird i started Vitamins the next day. i guess each dr and programs are differant. congrats on the 10 lbs

mandymay congrats on your 24lbs. and im itching also

man everyone is losing a lot whats going on with me i hope i start losing soon

WOW.

shelly congrats on the 16lbs ive only lost 5 lbls maybe i should start walking and stop babying my wonds. lol

mufasa congrats on the 14lbs.

hopeful i might have to get one of those and congrats on the 28lbs lost

toya thats weird i started Vitamins the next day. i guess each dr and programs are differant. congrats on the 10 lbs

mandymay congrats on your 24lbs. and im itching also

man everyone is losing a lot whats going on with me i hope i start losing soon

Girl, I havent lost any weight this week. I have NO IDEA why, Im assuming something to do with Water weight or something. idk, Im definently gonna talk to the doctor about it tomorrow cuz it FREAKED me out this am. I find that I am now OBSESSED with the scale. I need to like...lock it up week by week.

I was sleeved on the 14th so I'm four days out. Everything went really smooth and was only at the hospital 24 hours and only took one dose of pain meds once I was home, been waling and following my Clear Liquids exactly and was really glad to see I had lost 8 pounds since surgery and had lost 8 pounds pre-op so total 16. My first week diet is pretty strict and I cannot have Protein Shakes or Soup yet, just Water, Isopure, broth, popsicles, propel and crystal light. I'm not having too much trouble getting liquid in and am averaging about 50 ounces a day, but yesterday I had tons of energy and today I was really tired. I called the nurse and because I was running to the bathroom for the past two days with BM's she told me to do liquid Immodium and that my liquid was going out as fast as I was putting it in! Sigh, that is frustrating. She also told me it was ok for me to get some bouillan cubes and that would boost me, so I have had a cup of that today. I was also told to begin my chewable Vitamin immediatly and I think they probably help!

Back from my two week follow up from the Dr and on to pureed FOOD! Yay! scrambled eggs extra squished with cheese too! I know how much we want to taste something other than Protein Shakes at this point but we had an interesting conversation about food, this gist was this: About 6 months from now, when we're all slimmer and happy with our looks and our success, our sleeves aren't going to keep us as diligent as they are now. It'll be up to us to keep those carbs between 25 and 50 per day, Protein first, all the Vitamins and Water, etc. It'll be easier to wash down the food, eat more, and get more in. The sleeve won't be as sensitive. This next 6 months is to teach us the difference between head hunger and real hunger, and to give us the power over foods that cause addictions in us (like carbs and sugar for me) versus foods that work for us. For example, yeah, you could go for the ice cream, but if you do and it's in the house, you'll eat it till its gone. Could be candy, could be chocolate, chips, whatever your craving is. My mom is a diabetic and I see that working all the time. She lives with us. I am one month on the other side of all my addictive foods. Do I want to keep it that way, or tempt myself again? You open that door, you gotta be strong enough to close it again.

Today is day 6 post op and follow up appointment... No pain meds since day two, no nausea at all, but came home from the hospital with a sinus/upper respiratory infection... Oh yippee... Couldn't figure out why my incision pain was just to the side of my actual incision.. the doctor laughed at me and explained... apparently my previous 3 c-sections, hysterectomy, and gall bladder surgery let a lot of excess scar tissue and adhesions.. he had to clean those up while he was in there so that's why I am more sore than some...

Still on liquids for another week... weight loss not so much yet... crossing my fingers next week will be better.. but I am allowed to drive again.. so happy!

If you're wishing you lost more weight (in actuality, I've lost about 9 lbs. since my surgery day 14 days ago) my nurse said there is still Water retention, swelling and bloating and not to fear, this weight will be coming off! :) Happy news! I wanted to see more too!

I'm a week out today and down 10lbs. No pain meds since day two, and I'm feeling ok. I swear I had more energy over the weekend than yesterday or today. My surgeon allows only 2nd of ensure or Isopure or Protein Shake 3x a day for a total of six ounces period. I've been getting that in with no problem and most of my Water. My largest incision hurt last night and I was really afraid maybe I had overdone it over the weekend but it's better today.