Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woo Hoo I Did It!

My surgery was not sceduled until tomorrow. My doctor called me last week and was if I could move it up to last Thursday. With my juggling with my job and responsibilities it happened. I truely believe this was GODs way of getting me through the surgery. I had spent the weekend before reading a lot of everyone's post and truth be told had almost talked myself out of surgery.

I went in at 11 am to forest park medical plaza in Dallas Texas. ( The Westin of all hospitals) my husband asked me If I paid for a VIP suite. The place is amazing!

I was bad I was "working " till they rolled me in and knocked my butt out. Three hours later my husband said the surgeon came out saying all went well but he had found a very large hiatal hernia. I also have Barrettes easaphugus. Btw I've had no reflux at all. Popsicles don't cause reflux a guess!

Not gonna lie I was not a happy camper when I woke up the nausea really sucked. I didn't have much pain to even speak of.

I swear if one more person told me to get up and walk heads were gonna roll! Walking does help move the gases. I didn't have a lot of gas pains. I was pooting by the next day ( Friday) they were kinna pushing me to go home but I was self pay and I thought no way I'm staying here. Felt safer. But I soon realized Saturday when I did get home I felt so much better.

I am 51 pretty tuff most of the time. This is not the easy way out so get over any of those negative thoughts. You have to walk this walk. It's all different for everyone. Yesterday I weighed myself I was like WTF 7lbs heavier then the day I went in. I was 197. But today at 530 I'm 196 they pump you with lots and lots of fluids!

Sip sipsip everything is way to sweet for me. I've got to find the right Protein mix advocate vanilla and orange sugar free Jello teaspoon for teaspoon Water and ice. And sip not to bad. Just don't drink a lot of water before or after. It gets messy. I know Tmi!

Sorry for my typos. No glasses imams I'm typing from my iPhone !four days out! Oh btw. Walk walk walk

Congrats on it going so well !!! You aren't too far from me i am in east tx .. I have my surgery on 10-9 and I am pretty scared about the whole thing.. Reading post like this helps !!

Being scared is normal. ... Today is Tuesday and I'm feeling a whole lot better. Not great but better.

Make sure you have all the things you need when you go home. Ask the hospital for a few extra "pads" that go under your hiney.

Today I actually feel hungry. I know I'm not getting all my Protein.

I do drink enuff Water but it has to be really really cold.

I have lost 3.5 pounds. Finally below starting weight. I wish I would not crave salty crunchy food. Everything is still to sweet.

Stay in touch!

Congrats. Enjoy your journey!

Congrats! Every day is a little better. Sip,sip,sip and walk,walk,walk..It gets old quick. Hang in there, your doing great!

Wow..thanks for posting!! I am 2 days from surgery & scared to death!! I like to read peoples post on their experiences makes me feel better & more peaceful about it!! Hope mine goes as well as yours went:) BTW: Your profile pic is really pretty - Good luck on your journey!! Keep posting also :)

Good luck to you tomorrow!! I am doing the snoopy dance today! No more meds for me! No metformin no nothing ! Your going to do really well just walk sip and breath!!!