Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Set For The 20Th ....nervous Wreck!

Ok...So I am scheduled for vsg on this Thursday! I have to admit Im a nervous wreck. I have alomost got myself talked out of having the surgery. Im scared of the pain afterward, & I keep thinking Im not going to ever enjoy food again :wacko: ! My daughter told me "Are you living to eat..or Eating to live" !! Pretty smart thinking for a 15yr old! LOL I know there is going to be some pain involved, but I dont want to ever think Ive made a mistake by doing this! Has anyone ever gone through these feeling that Im experiencing? I know deep down that in the long road I will have made the right decision. Please keep me in prayers & thoughts come surgery day. I just want to feel "at peace" about this.

Thanks again

Don't be a nervous wreck! :) Surprisingly, I wasn't all that nervous the days before surgery but the emotions hit me before they took me into the operating room. It's an emotional process, but it is soooooo worth it. Keep your goal in mind. Remember why you chose to do this and keep your support team with you in the process. You will do fantastic. In the hospital, I kept a calendar my best friend made for me last Christmas, pictures of us and lots of funny and crazy pictures. It kept me at ease. Made me smile. Maybe a photo of the people you love will keep you calm :)

Ohhh sunset!!!! I'm scheduled for Thursday as well and it hit me this weekend... But this morning I freaked out!!!!! Even people around me are saying I'm acting weird! I'm kinda just zoning out!!! No way will I not do this!!! (I have had doubts) my doc told me not to hesitate taking a Xanax the morning of if I have any anxieties! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 5 days post-op & I had absolutely no pain at all. In fact, the biggest issue was an allergic reaction to the tape they used to hold the IV in place. I was up a few hours after I got to my room & took a walk around the floor. I am walking every day & I will be back to work Wed. I had an ankle fusion done in 2010 & this surgery was 100% easier. They did find a large hernia, which they repaired while they were in there. I am doing quite well & very excited about this new chapter in my life. I finally feel like I can be normal. Good luck to you-you will be fine.

I too have my surgery on Thursday. I feel like I'm going crazy because my nerves are out of control. I was fine till this past weekend but now the past couple of nights I haven't been able to sleep.

I just thought I'd let you know you aren't the only one. We're in this boat together.

thanks for all the helpful feedback!! Shewolf I pray mine goes as well as yours has!! Is there anybody who have or has had this surgery done at Des Pere hospital in St. Louis?? If so...share your experience with the hospital!! Thanks Again!!

I am scheduled to have my surgery this Thursday too..I feel the exact same way..nervous at times and the craziest thing is when I talk about the VSG everyone tell me they have never heard of it..weird..but we just have to keep the faith and know that we are doing this to make our lives better.I'm so thankful for this site. We are going to be just fine..I have to keep telling myself and the more I do the better I feel..Now when Thursday comes I hope I can keep this same attitude, and not burst into tears..lol

Appears to be many of us this Thursday. My nerves have not really hit yet. I have hada couple of surgeries in my life and never hada bad reaction. In fact, when I had my ovarian cyst removed back in 1974 I lay there thinking my verticle incision was killing me. When they changed the dressing I found I had the bikini incision and I realized the pain had been more anticipated than real. lol

I am on Thursday too. I am more excited than nervous. I am keeping myself occupied with work, errands, etc. i am sure Thursday it will seem real! Best wishes to all of you and hope for a speedy recovery!

Don't be nervous. I had my sleeve on Wednesday. I was a nervous wreck. It really hit me when I got to the hospital and then again when I went to my Pre op room and then again when they rolled me into the OR. Tell them you need setting for anxiety they will understand and give you something. I remember going into the OR and telling them not to tie my arm down till I was out and then I woke up! Not in a lot of pain and hardly no nausea. Right before they sedate you things get really blurry then you wake up. Just relax! Things will work out! I did have the thought about day three that I made the biggest mistake of my life but things get better. Trust me I just did it and still in my a liquid stage!

Thanks for all the posts!! It really has helped me be a little calmer knowing everyone has the same emotions I am having!! 2 More day until im officially sleeved :o LOL....I pray for everyone having this done this week....for a speedy recovery & that we all will be fine & on our way to a healthier lifestyle!! AMEN

I am having the same emotions. I get sleeved next tuesday. My biggest thing is I cry at the drop of a hat! But we just have to remind ourselves on why we are doing this.

Best of luck to everyone :D

I am having the same emotions. I get sleeved next tuesday. My biggest thing is I cry at the drop of a hat! But we just have to remind ourselves on why we are doing this.

Best of luck to everyone :D

OMG! Me too! I just welled up over a car commercial! :-p I am scheduled for next Tuesday also - I don't know how I will handle this next week and my rollercoasting emotions! Is it the low carbs or is estrogen already seeping out of my cells? I wish I could spend this next week in bed with the covers pulled up. Lol.

I'm scheduled for Saturday. Also bundle of nerves but not about the pain. More about what if this doesn't work like the LAPBand. Totally unrational since there is so much proof on this board alone that it works. Stress sure does a number on your ability to reason!

Don't be a nervous wreck! :) Surprisingly' date=' I wasn't all that nervous the days before surgery but the emotions hit me before they took me into the operating room. It's an emotional process, but it is soooooo worth it. Keep your goal in mind. Remember why you chose to do this and keep your support team with you in the process. You will do fantastic. In the hospital, I kept a calendar my best friend made for me last Christmas, pictures of us and lots of funny and crazy pictures. It kept me at ease. Made me smile. Maybe a photo of the people you love will keep you calm :)[/quote']

Awesome idea!!!