Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Circuit Training Workout

I've been doing a lot of reading about circuit training and cross fit workouts lately. I really wanted to join a cross fit center but it was $100 for 2 classes per week. So I just came up with my own circuit I did at home.

I started with 10 hard minutes on the elliptical. Basically sprinting by the end on 10/10 resistance and incline.

Then....

10 modified pull ups (cause I can't do real ones)

10 mountain climbers

5 barbell dead lifts with 135 pounds

10 crunches

10 pullovers with 35 pounds

10 dumbell curls 20 pounds

Then run 200 yards

Do that circuit 3 times with no rest. It took me 21 minutes, I should be able to do it quicker next time now that I know what I'm doing.

I must say I was whipped. The best part is you can substitute any exercise. The key is no rest.

That sounds pretty good. I'd love to do the P90x, and would like to get some kind of decent ab workout for my middle, for after I lose weight. I have one of those bellies that sticks out no matter what weight I am...people ask me if I'm pregnant a lot...which I hate, but which I've become used to. Usually they are far more embarrassed for opening up their big mouths....but I really would like to get rid of the belly.

I like your work out. I think we are going to do more with the exercise ball...leaning backward off it and tightening the abs...see if that helps me.

NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant unless you see the baby hanging out...

Sounds challenging. Can't wait to try this one when I get to that stage. Thanks for posting.

Vw been doing a lot of reading about circuit training and cross fit workouts lately. I really wanted to join a cross fit center but it was 100 for 2 classes per week. So I just came up with my own circuit I did at home.

I started with 10 hard minutes on the elliptical. Basically sprinting by the end on 10/10 resistance and incline.

Then....

10 modified pull ups (cause I can't do real ones)

10 mountain climbers

5 barbell dead lifts with 135 pounds

10 crunches

10 pullovers with 35 pounds

10 dumbell curls 20 pounds

Then run 200 yards

Do that circuit 3 times with no rest. It took me 21 minutes' date=' I should be able to do it quicker next time now that I know what I'm doing.

I must say I was whipped. The best part is you can substitute any exercise. The key is no rest.[/quote']

Have you tried trx? I started trx classes at my local YMCA and I have never in all of my years done anything so hard! I have heard of cross fit but the closest center is a hour drive one way!

I never heard of TRX but I'll have to check into it. Although there are no Y's anywhere near me. I kinda live in the sticks.

Sounds challenging. Can't wait to try this one when I get to that stage. Thanks for posting.

You could do it now Coolbreeze. Just cut out 2 or 3 of the exercises if you need to. Nothing wrong with starting small and building up. Do one circuit and see how you feel. You may feel compelled to do another and another.

I never heard of TRX but I'll have to check into it. Although there are no Y's anywhere near me. I kinda live in the sticks.

Let me know what you think after you check it out there are some good videos on you tube.

Let me know what you think after you check it out there are some good videos on you tube.

So it's basically just suspension training? Looks tuff but effective.

Yes! Very tuff!!!

Butterthebean- google crissfit. Im pretty sure that they gave a lot of the workouts online. I think there are web sites that have the workout for the day on some if the sites.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

100 squats

90 reverse lunges

80 dead leg lifts

70 mt climbers

60 bridge lifts

50 calf raises

40 plié squats

30 crossover lunges

20 squat jumps

10 bicycle lunges

I do that workout every Sunday. I think it's helping my muscle tone And my leg strength. It takes about 15 minutes but I'm sweating hard core when I'm done. I started at 50 but made it up to 100 after a few weeks.

Your local gym should offer bootcamp classes, which are usually crossfit based. My BIL is a bootcamp instructor and created a "ninja" workout for me. I havnt started yet as today is just 6 weeks. Plus I know it is gonna hurt lol!