Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Post Op/newly Sleeved

i dont know what this chick problem is. i have had nothing but positive interactions here. i am ignoring anything she says. im trying to get well and enjoy this site of nice ppl moving on

ready im having the same problem girl if i take to big of a sip it hurts bad

thanks tonyswife. ihope it passes soon

ready for success i think you are right. my neighbor over reacted i think. what you said makes a lot of sense. i was taking short shallow breaths.

imworthit ignore that person please she is irrelavant in this convo.

Does anyone know how long that stuck feeling last' date=' it's like every time I drink it feels a lil tight in my chest, I've gotten bout 8oz of Water in today & Atkins Advantage shake that I sipped on thru out the day - over all I feel ok but left side is still very painful - I just want to drink normal, which I thought it was goin ok, maybe I'm force'n it to much... Glad you doin well newgrandmother

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

id say a couple of weeks sweetie. and i know it totally sucks!!!!!!!!!

To those of you whom are so offended...I told the truth as it was told to me. My children were 1lb14 oz and 2lb 21/4 oz and were basically born dead...had heart surgery' date=' chf, bpd, pneumothoraxes, ricketts--and all that goes with that, nec, hydronephrosis, massive infections and transfusions, and i could go on and on. I know first hand what 2lb and 4lb and now 120lb babies go through ...and you cannot compare children to adults...your argument is moot....not at all relevant.

If the lady does not like what my experience has been...she doesn't have to take my advice. it's that simple...if someone is "offended," that's not really my problem. I have more medical and life experience than most people will ever get regarding children. It's not relevant. And, I don't appreciate being baggered about what my experience was.[/quote']

cindi, step back. you basically said shes fat and lazy hence her complication. if this is what you meant, perhaps you don't care, but if it's not, you were offensive, so try the crazy way out and say "I'm sorry I handled that so badly"

as to your children and mine, i have no need to one up you or be one upped. in my world i would like no children to suffer, but one thing i learned after years both working and living in hospital with my son is that anestesia is a science that does not change based on patient size. formulas change, but approaches do not necessarily in many cases. I can easily assume that you are not an anestesiaologist which would be the only valid addition to the conversation. IF you aren't one, you're guessing in an offensive way to a lovely woman who almost died. WOuld appologizing kill you?

I'm three and a half weeks in with significant complications but i'll tell you what often helps me get through the pain when drinking. sip...sip...sip, then practice those stupid breathing lessons you learned when you were preggers. DH says I sound like I'm giving birth constantly LOL but it does help.

NGM!!!! I've missed you!!! I don't remember how serious it was anymore, I'd have to check with my folks, but when I was a kid I had a panic attack coming out from anaesthesia - and I remember being told to breathe- apparently I was sort of holding my breath or something... But when I had twilight sedation for my teeth and total anaesthesia for gallbladder I had no problems... (and I've only gotten fatter over time ;) lol) so go figure!

Anyway I was thinking of you NGM! I wasn't sure how long you were on pre-op diet for so i though you were still plugging along with that! Oh I'm so so so so glad your still with us, and I hope your recovery gets easier!!!

That fitness chick is funny. Haha

Good luck newgrandma, glad everything turned out OK!!

Hang in there newgrandmother, I promise it will get easier every day! Just try to get your liquids in cause you dont want to get dehydrated. This journey will be so exciting!

i dont know what this chick problem is. i have had nothing but positive interactions here. i am ignoring anything she says. im trying to get well and enjoy this site of nice ppl moving on

ready im having the same problem girl if i take to big of a sip it hurts bad

thanks tonyswife. ihope it passes soon

ready for success i think you are right. my neighbor over reacted i think. what you said makes a lot of sense. i was taking short shallow breaths.

imworthit ignore that person please she is irrelavant in this convo.

I agree!!! There is no need to be so agressive!

I agree!!! There is no need to be so agressive!

heh heh no she's not a doctor :) I doubt she has even played one on tv (though I once played on in a high school play so this does make me an expert on all medical fields.....and all areas of acting.....go ahead, ask me how tom cruise plays tom cruise in evert movie he;s ever done....i was a high school actress so i know :)

but what really matters is we have our sunny smile back on the board :) how are you doing today grama?

thanks for being so concerned for little ole me. you guys are so awesome. i am doing better. day 4 on full liquids now.

well you had a rough start on your path and you took it so well it's hard not to take you into my heart :)

I am going to have my first bite of food today :) Sure it's applesauce, but it's food none the less LOL wish we well!