Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Post Op/newly Sleeved

Actually' date=' unless you are allergic to anesthesia, having smooth sailing during the procedure has everything to do with fitness on the inside...everything., and I thin k you should work on that asap. The surgeon's team told me this...it's not me making it up. Good luck to you.[/quote']

This is not true. I'm a nurse and I know this sometime we take a while for our organs to pick back up...

thankyou im worth it. i know for a fact that working out before has nothing to do with it. i had a hard time coming out of the stuff man. iknow active ppl that have problems after anethesa. it really depends on the persons reaction to the crap.

yay diazzzzzzz get well soon.

billiemom how are you girl where have you been.

Like I said...some kind of allergic response, or fitness.

Wow...that's quite a story. I'm amazed you didn't have pain right off...I had it' date=' massively, and it stuck around like that for days and days. I was in the hospital for 4 days, and really should have stayed longer. I wonder if you exercised beforehand? I did, and they said I was, "in shape" on the inside, and a "star patient." I thought that was odd because of my size and pain. I wonder if you exercised....flatlining is no joke! I was fortunate that my exercise prevented anything like that for me. I hope you are ok, and that you get an ekg just to be sure you are ok.[/quote']

can you see where that may be an offensive statement? problems with anesthesia can hapen to all of us . my son flatlined at 4lbs (no fat) believe me, he was not exercising and given there are more types of anestesia than you can shake a stick at, alergy is not common unless you have a known allergy to one of the underlying drugs (ie morphine) You are insulting this poor woman and should appologize as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

can you see where that may be an offensive statement? problems with anesthesia can hapen to all of us . my son flatlined at 4lbs (no fat) believe me' date=' he was not exercising and given there are more types of anestesia than you can shake a stick at, alergy is not common unless you have a known allergy to one of the underlying drugs (ie morphine) You are insulting this poor woman and should appologize as you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.[/quote']

Agreed

Does anyone know how long that stuck feeling last, it's like every time I drink it feels a lil tight in my chest, I've gotten bout 8oz of Water in today & Atkins Advantage shake that I sipped on thru out the day - over all I feel ok but left side is still very painful - I just want to drink normal, which I thought it was goin ok, maybe I'm force'n it to much... Glad you doin well newgrandmother

Sent from my iPhone using VST

To those of you whom are so offended...I told the truth as it was told to me. My children were 1lb14 oz and 2lb 21/4 oz and were basically born dead...had heart surgery, chf, bpd, pneumothoraxes, ricketts--and all that goes with that, nec, hydronephrosis, massive infections and transfusions, and i could go on and on. I know first hand what 2lb and 4lb and now 120lb babies go through ...and you cannot compare children to adults...your argument is moot....not at all relevant.

If the lady does not like what my experience has been...she doesn't have to take my advice. it's that simple...if someone is "offended," that's not really my problem. I have more medical and life experience than most people will ever get regarding children. It's not relevant. And, I don't appreciate being baggered about what my experience was.

I was sleeved on the 10th and today is way better. It doesn't hurt when I drink anymore and getting out of bed isn't as painful. I still have time to recover but what broke the "it hurts to eat anything" was some chicken broth. Take it slow but trust me, it will pass

I was sleeved on the 10th and today is way better. It doesn't hurt when I drink anymore and getting out of bed isn't as painful. I still have time to recover but what broke the "it hurts to eat anything" was some chicken broth. Take it slow but trust me' date=' it will pass[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 12th & I'm glad to hear that feeling went away for you... broth does go down pretty smooth, I just wanna drink w/ out feeling like I'm swallowing something hard when all it is is Water... Thanks for sharing that & ik it will get easier by the day - I still am in a lot of pain on my left side, it's actually swollen a lil bit but pain pills help & it's doesn't hurt as bad as yesterday..

Sent from my iPhone using VST

To those of you whom are so offended...I told the truth as it was told to me. My children were 1lb14 oz and 2lb 21/4 oz and were basically born dead...had heart surgery' date=' chf, bpd, pneumothoraxes, ricketts--and all that goes with that, nec, hydronephrosis, massive infections and transfusions, and i could go on and on. I know first hand what 2lb and 4lb and now 120lb babies go through ...and you cannot compare children to adults...your argument is moot....not at all relevant.

If the lady does not like what my experience has been...she doesn't have to take my advice. it's that simple...if someone is "offended," that's not really my problem. I have more medical and life experience than most people will ever get regarding children. It's not relevant. And, I don't appreciate being baggered about what my experience was.[/quote']

Are you a dr?

I don't have to be a doctor to state my own experiences and have a conversation with someone. Get a life, and leave me alone, or I'm going to report you.

I don't have to be a doctor to state my own experiences and have a conversation with someone. Get a life' date=' and leave me alone, or I'm going to report you.[/quote']

Sorry if I offended you I was just asking a question! I am on here as a pre op just trying to prepare myself by reading your stories! I hope there are no hard feelings

i was a wreck all the way till they willed me in. i had to wait over an hour before they willed me in. had me get on the table strecth out my arms put this mask on me and that was it i woke up 2 hrs later feeling like crap. the nausea was horrible for me i couldnt talk or nothing. my friend was there when i came out and she said i was flat lining in recovery. i kept hearing her say breath judy' date=' but i was breathng so i thought. (PLEASE DONT GO ALONE HAVE SOMEONE THERE WITH YOU). im glad she was there.

i sat in that bed from 4pm till 10pm before i got my room the hospital was so busy. once in my room i felt all alone my friend had left the nurse came in did what she needed to do and left me in that big room. i couldnt sleep at all and when i finally fell asleep they came and got me at 2 am to walk i was like are you kidding me. so i did and i had so much energy inspite of nausea i felt pretty good had no pain at all. sooooooooooooo the next day i started feeling the pain of my insisions ouch. could walk marathons anymore lol. i was went home by 2 pm my surgeon said i did well and he was proud of me. and myliver looked ok the diet helped.

soooooooooo at home in pain uncomfortable still naseauated. regreting having it done i cant even get a drop of Water in without the tightness. but ive been promised it gets better. well as the day goes on i am feeling better. and i actually slept on my side last night thats a plus. i got in about 6 ozof Water and less than half of Isopure. cant wait to see waht tomorrow brings.[/quote']

I could be mistaken, but I think you were de-sating, which means your oxygenation was dropping below the desired level, we usually like it above 97% post-op. The reason I think you were de-sating is because they were asking you to take deep breaths. If you were flatlining, I would hope they would have been starting chest compressions and grabbing the crash cart. Either way, I'm glad you're okay and welcome to the loser's bench.