Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fair Food Temptations...what Has Happened To Me?!

The hubby and I went to the fair yesterday and what was everywhere at the fair (besides carnies)…yummy irresistible fair food!! They had deep fried everything (Dodger dogs, oreos, cheesecake, snickers, pop tarts, ribs, avocados, PB & J sandwiches, girl scout Cookies, twinkies, bacon, krispy kreme burgers, Cereal, smores, Kool-Aid, and even a deep fried Klondike bar! They had other delicious fair food like bacon wrapped turkey legs, a 2 lb rib and a 2 lb burger, sausage and peppers, fried chicken, chili cheese curly fries, gooey pizza, even chocolate covered bacon!

The hubby (who will not get his sleeve until next year) opted for the huge nest of chili cheese curly fries with jalapenos and ranch. What did I get? Grilled shrimp and rice served in a half pineapple with pineapple chunks…and I didn’t touch the rice or the side of butter that came with it!!! WHAT?!! And for dinner I had shrimp ceviche!! Who is this person that I have become?!! In the past I would’ve had to sample soo much of this food, but now I spend 10 hours at the fair and am still under 700 calories for the day!! I ate my light food and had tons of energy while my poor hubby was walking around full as a tick and miserable from those fries. I even lost a pound this morning from all the walking! I was truly amazed!

I went into the fair putting no rules on myself (other than what I am not allowed to eat yet for safety reasons with the sleeve). I thought… its one day at the fair I will let myself indulge…but none of it sounded worth it anymore! Although, I do have to confess I wasn’t a perfect angel… I did take a small bite of the chocolate covered bacon just to see what the heck that tasted like. It was actually pretty good but I had a little bite and that’s all I wanted (and I included that bite into my calories on my fitness pal lol).

I was sitting at the horse races and my husband had gone to get his food. When he walked back and had the gigantic nest of chili cheese curly fries I was like that is crazy looking. But then he took off to get napkins and left it sitting next to me in the grandstand and I felt bad because I was embarrassed to have it sitting next to me. I scooted it to where it would be on his other side when he came back. IS that bad? I felt silly for feeling like that. The good thing is that after I ate my little portion of shrimp ceviche my hubby decided not to eat dinner there because it wasn’t worth it! I was secretly very happy for him! We both can't wait until he is sleeved too, but I'm so happy for him when he makes good choices for himself even without the fantastic tool I have!

Great post! I had same scenario but had a smoothy and baked potato.

I had a grilled chicken leg and lots of Water at the last fair I went to. I was stuffed and everyone around me was eating all that above food, but I was able to dance and dance and dance while they all were looking pekish :)

Giant Turkey Legs (split with skinny friend)! :)

Saved a BUNCH of $$$ too! Fair food is SPENDY!

Good job, definitely should be proud of yourself:)

10 hours at the fair and am still under 700 calories for the day!!

good for you!!!!

seeing all those temptations ,holding your head high/maintaining your strength

i passed on the fair - i knew i wouldn't eat junk - i just saw no need to torture myself ;)

Giant Turkey Legs (split with skinny friend)! :)

Saved a BUNCH of $$$ too! Fair food is SPENDY!

You're not kidding the turkey leg was $19!! If my husband liked it that may have been my choice but he's not a fan and I knew I couldn't have eaten even a quarter of it!

I need the address to this fair, you had me at deep fried Klondike bars....... hahahahaha!

I don't know you but I am SO PROUD of you!!!!!! This weight loss feels better than those fries would taste. You're a strong woman...keep up the good work!!!!

Great job! That is funny about moving the fries... I always feel self conscious about eating so little while I am still obviously overweight! I'm afraid that people think I don't like the food. Once a manager even came out to see what was wrong with the food. It was a little embarassing.