Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much You've Lost

When you say I'm down x amount of pounds - are you referring to your weight since surgery, or your highest "known" weight? When I say I'm down x number of pounds, I'm always referring to being down from my highest weight. I don't even really remember what my actual weight was on surgery day.

My highest weight that I know of was 262 in June/July. I had my surgery July 30th. I'm 6 weeks out, and I'm now 223lbs. So I say I'm down 39 pounds. I think I lost about 10 or 12 pounds on the pre-op diet (2 week liquid diet). But I consider it all part of my weight loss.

How do you refer to it?

My highest weight & surgery weight are the same so I refer to that.

Start weight 289 (05/23/12) weight as of 09/0912 ------ 210

My starting weight for my ticker is my highest weight ever aka 262, and my weight on the day of surgery was 245.

I actually have 3 different totals. There's my highest weight ever. When I finally said enough is enough I need to lose weight and tried doing it on my own. I lost some but not much. Then there's the weight I was on the day on my first consultation with my Surgeon. He wanted me to keep trying to lose some weight before surgery cuz every pound dropped helps. And then the weight I weighed the morning of surgery.

Going by the weight the morning of surgery I'm down 70lbs

Going by the weight the day of the Consultation I'm down over 100lbs

Going by the highest weight Ive been I'm down about 135lbs

Yep, I think most of us have reference points that we use to be clear. For me:

From highest weight, down 161 pounds (which I can't believe!!!!!)

From morning of surgery, down 130 pounds.

my highest weight was within two weeks prior to my surgery so I've gone by that. Down 130 since Jan of this year...been down at the 130 mark for almost two months now..

I have my start weight...255. My surgery weight...240. My current weight...172. Total of 83 lbs lost.

Down 94# since April 3rd..I always forget to update my stats online here

My highest weight was 2 weeks before surgery when I started the liquid diet. (food funerals ya know...) so I figure I would not have done the two week liquid diet if i were not going to get surgery, so I lump it all in together. I only lost 15 lbs on the pre op diet anyway...so...there you have it. 90 lbs from highest weight of 349. (YIKES)

i asked my surgeon if he required a pre-op diet. he told me no

i wish i had been stronger and gone on some what of a liquid diet prior to WLS

i then would have either have lost a few lbs - instead i gained 12 lbs. egads

don't tell anyone ok? - our secret :lol:

DOS 12/15/11 235

9 months later

9/13/12 145

10 more lbs will be at goal-then i can join the Century Club Woo Hoo

My story is so complicated because I weighed my highest 11/11 at 298,,then my weight went up and down while I was going through the sleeve process. I lost during my pre op then I had my surgery 12/27 and I'm not sure what my weight was at that time. But after surgery I had the leak which put me on tpn,,I gained 13 pounds back so the easiest way for me to keep track of my loss has been to go by the highest weight of 298..I weighed in at 212 today so I'm down 86 pounds. whew!

I'm 2 weeks post op and my hightest weight was 219 and I'm down to 198! So I have loss 21 lbs in 2 weeks!!

I am saying I am down 18 lbs from my last dr visit. It is the visit before my classes, and before I started the liquid diet. As of today, I am down 18 lbs since 8/14. I was sleeved 9/4.

Robyn