Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hating My Body Even More?!

Now that I'm getting close to surgery (I'm waiting on approval from Aetna) I find that I'm hating my fat body even more than before. I guess being preoccupied with how I'm hoping to feel and look "after" has me wanting even more to escape this gross, jiggly, HEAVY body. I wish I could unzip it and get OUT of it!!!

Anyone else feeling the same?

yes! i am just disgusted with myself as of late. i can't pinpoint why i feel this way and before i didnt but i feel the same way.

I'm right there with ya!!! Every single day, every single minute of every single day! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!

Instead of hating your current state.....start to praise God for your future state...stay hopful...when I was in my final week I was content, excited, and nervous all at the same time....

You are feeling normal, hang in there and you will unzip the new you soon. In the mean time just relax and think about your new wardrobe. Good luck to you,

I guess being preoccupied with how I'm hoping to feel and look "after" has me wanting even more to escape this gross, jiggly, HEAVY body. I wish I could unzip it and get OUT of it!!!

Anyone else feeling the same?

Wow! What a great poetic description of wanting out of "this" body...... Yes, I feel the same way. Late November can't get here soon enough....

I'm right there with ya!!! Every single day, every single minute of every single day! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!

Me too.

...........Every....Single.....Minute.....of......Every.......Single.....Day.......

Don't feel bad for wanting to unzip and step out of the old body into the new, I am 3 months post op and I'm down 72 lbs, I started my journey at 334 lbs and am now 262 and I still tell my husband at least 5 times a day that I just want to wake up tomorrow and weigh 175 lbs and be done with all of this mess! In case you haven't guessed, I have no patience

I feel the same way! Like the real me-who I used to be- has had enough with being taken over by this food-addicted obese outer person! While I'm practicing positive thinking, I still get "mad" at myself for getting like this and at food for being so irresistable! I can and will resist- the surgery is just the answer to my orators once snd for all! I can't wait!! Hang in there-a year from now we'll be like 10 years younger! Yaaaa!

Answer to my Prayers (stupid auto-correct!)

I feel the same way! Like the real me-who I used to be- has had enough with being taken over by this food-addicted obese outer person! While I'm practicing positive thinking' date=' I still get "mad" at myself for getting like this and at food for being so irresistable! I can and will resist- the surgery is just the answer to my orators once snd for all! I can't wait!! Hang in there-a year from now we'll be like 10 years younger! Yaaaa![/quote']

That is a great attitude to have.....you can do this:)

Now that I'm getting close to surgery (I'm waiting on approval from Aetna) I find that I'm hating my fat body even more than before. I guess being preoccupied with how I'm hoping to feel and look "after" has me wanting even more to escape this gross' date=' jiggly, HEAVY body. I wish I could unzip it and get OUT of it!!!

Anyone else feeling the same?[/quote']

Yes!!! This is how i am feeling! I can't stop thinking about 6-12 months from now and what life will be like.

I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone!!

I'm so ready to make this change and leave this fat, unhealthy body behind. I want to start feeling better and know that I'm getting healthier and healthier! I'm ready to DO this thing and sweat it out and prove to myself that I'm strong and steel-willed and beautiful!!

Not just on this particular issue, but this journey as a whole. The people here, for the most part, are supportive and caring and genuine, and i have a feeling I would lose my mind without this forum!!

I feel EXACTLY the same way... Lately I have been feeling realy down on my body and finding even more flaws all the time... Its funny becuase right before I opened this I got a company wide email about our Annual Softball game asking who was playing and who was being a "cheerleader" I was litterally texting my husband saying how at next years game (in OCtober) I hopefully (fingers crossed) I won't be too embarassed to play!

Lately everytime I look at myself I am just disgusted!

I'm the total opposite. I'm a big girl but always thought I was FINE..lol don't get me wrong I know I need to lose weight for my health reasons!! But I've

Learned to love me in spite of my size. So ya'll can imagine how I will be when I lose weight?? Yes I'm gone think I'm FINE sho nuff!:)))