Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am six weeks out and had a terrible headache yesterday, but wasn't sure what I could take. I suffered through that one, but I'm curious as to what you guys take for minor aches and pains? I hate to use my liquid lortab for small issues...

I was told it was fine to take non- coated pills smaller than a dime... But just take your lortab!!! Also be sure you are getting your fluids. Good luck!

I just take my Excederin Migraine, just like I always have... no issues. If you're taking it daily it might be, but the occasional pill is fine. that's one of the perks of this surgery versus the RNY... NSADS are ok for us...

Where did you find Excedrine migrane? I thought it was off the market due to issues at the plant/factory where it was being made. Maybe the issue has been resolved?

Hate to be Debbie Downer here, but my PCP told me that if it is a Migraine to stay away from lortab. It could make it worse. Perhaps call your bariatric doc to get a pain reliever without the 'codone'.

I am getting sleeved on 9/24 and just went thru my NUT. The nurse told us no Asprin based meds (advil, alleve, mortin, asprin) due to blood thinning affects for 4 months. Also no caffeine for 4-6 months due the dietric effect. Tylenol is OK, but probably should crush it she said until your are on reg food

I was told by all my doctors that nothing with aspirin due to the possibility of getting a stomach ulcer. Our stomachs are much smaller now and the aspirin will irritate the stomach lining also. I take loratab or acetaminophen. :)

Check with your surgeon before taking NSAIDs....they are off-limits according to my surgeon.

It's so weird how different surgeons tell people different things... mine said NSADS are just fine. Mine also doesn't tell me to eat a certain ratio of anything and said I can eat whatever I want as long as I try to limit sliders...

Excederin Migraine was right there at the CVS here in Detroit...

I am never allowed NSAIDS again. Today I have a headache from heck. Since I am allergic to Tylenol, I will just have to muddle through.

I am six weeks out and had a terrible headache yesterday' date=' but wasn't sure what I could take. I suffered through that one, but I'm curious as to what you guys take for minor aches and pains? I hate to use my liquid lortab for small issues...[/quote']

I was told one tylonol cut in half.

I have only had one headache due to a head cold- and one tylonol killed the headache :)

I am hoping for no more headaches for you!

Thanks for all of the advice! It is weird how different surgeon recommendations are. I can eat pretty much anything (except sugar, bread, and citrus) according to my surgeon. I was told no NSAIDS for the rest of my life and wasn't sure if tylenol counted...

I think that headache may have been due to not getting enough water... I never realized how hard this would be! I feel like I am constantly drinking, but when I look down the bottle is only half empty!