Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All The Single Ladies...

please let us know how it goes! :wub:

My first first date ever was a success! We talked for over an hour and a half and it never got awkward. I am reasonably sure he'll want to see me again.

Good for you....:)

My first first date ever was a success! We talked for over an hour and a half and it never got awkward. I am reasonably sure he'll want to see me again.

That's awesome. Was it dinner? Did you tell him about the surgery? I know people say to order an appetizer and no one will notice how little you are eating, but if we can only eat a couple of spoonfuls of Soup or something, surely they will notice.

That's awesome. Was it dinner? Did you tell him about the surgery? I know people say to order an appetizer and no one will notice how little you are eating' date=' but if we can only eat a couple of spoonfuls of Soup or something, surely they will notice.[/quote']

It was coffee, so no food involved. I had Decaf tea. If he wants to do food, I'm going to request a taqueria, where I can get a quesadilla and the staff doesn't look at you funny if you can't finish it.

I have another date on Thursday with a different guy. There's a place here that does a little happy hour, so I'm figuring on a glass of wine and chicken wings or something. If the wine gets to my head, I have a friend 2 blocks from the place and I can hang out with her.

Go on girl, do your thang!!!

Thats for the shout out to the single ladies!! Im 32 single and no kids... I actually used to date a lot at 300+ but the guys were not of my liking ill say....i decided to stop the whole dating thing until my transformation is complete. I am one month post op and 30lbs down. I want to wait until im about 60-80lbs down to get back out there. Im excited to hopefully find a good one :)

Erika, your timing is amazing. Thursday will be one year out from surgery and 128 pounds down and was JUST thinking about this. As in yesterday. I had forgotten all about this thread. I think it's still a great idea and I would love to be involved some how. I know there is a Facebook group for WLS that talks about sex and body image and stuff but it's not a dating site. I'm going to do some research and see if anything has come about in the past year. Wow, the difference a year makes.

I want to hear how dating has been going for people. I have not been out on a date but I do have a couple of profiles out there now.

October/ November 2012 was a dating whirlwind for me. All online. I had a chemistry.com subscription, okcupid, even had an ad on Craigslist. Met a guy on Craigslist late November, we've been dating ever since. I told him about the surgery in January by which time he'd already guessed. I don't think I have body image issues- pretty happy with my nekkid self (apart from a few specific positions). Going out to eat was weird for the first few times, but I warned him up front that I don't eat a lot.

I can't wait to start dating again. I really miss male attention. I also miss sex. I'll confess a secret little joke I have with myself. Ok, I HATE exercise. More than anything in the entire world and it's been this way my whole life even before I was morbidly obese. However I know it is now an essential part of my weight loss and body transformation. So I tell myself I am training for the holympics. ho + olympics = holympics. (crass I know but it makes me workout :D)

I am almost 14 months post op and haven't been on a date . I have had more attention I use to but not from the type of guys I want to date. I am terrified of dating because I still can only eat about 5 bites with out feeling sick. I also am terrified of being naked around a guy! My stomach is so bad and saggy and I know tmi but I swear the top of my nether regions is still really fat! I am 28 and single and haven't had anyone seriously interested in me since high school. I have given up. I just don't think it's going to happen for me! Guess it's just me and my romance novels for a while

I'm a week post-op (RnY) & kind of have the opposite worries. As a big curvy girl I had no lack of suitors & many of them were not happy about my choice to have surgery lol. BUT most of those guys were only interested in hooking up; NOT in having a relationship

But for me, it was about being healthy & being able to be active & enjoy life again.

But now I worry if I'll get the same amount of attention as a smaller woman? I'm hoping so. And hoping that I'll attract men that would be happy to have me as a partner also outside of the bedroom.

Folks, I will remind my husband (fiddleman) about his website idea...I think it's a great idea too, an would make a good project. :)

Ladies.

60 year old married man here.

Some observations:

The majority of women in America are overweight. American men date and marry.

You are ahead of the curve, you are losing weight in a very tanagable way.

Ok I know it is fiction, but, I am reminded of an episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia.. Mac is dating a Pre- op trans- sexual. His friends say " dude she has a penis"

Mac says " yes, but she is getting rid of it eventually"

You are getting rid of the lbs. We men are not that sensitive.

Remember the scene in Eat, Pray , love. Where she tells the Sweedish girl that just gained15pounds.

" if you are in bed With a guy he is thinking 1 thing. " OMG! I won the lottery"

I have seen 3 friends ( that I thought would never date-- all in their 60's-- 70s) just meet someone. 2 online, 1 at a neighborhood party. They are soooooo Happy, and I an soooooo happy for them.

You are young and taking control of your lives. You are in the best possible place!

Go for it.