Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Off Work For An Office Job?

Oh, goodness! I was told two weeks and that is all I can take off right before thanksgiving. I hope it works out ok. I mainly sit when I work, but I do have to push patients around in stretchers and whatnot. And it involves a lot of bending and pushing.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Oh' date=' goodness! I was told two weeks and that is all I can take off right before thanksgiving. I hope it works out ok. I mainly sit when I work, but I do have to push patients around in stretchers and whatnot. And it involves a lot of bending and pushing.

Hmmmmmmm.....[/quote']

ypu can not push or lift for six weeks after unless your patients weigh less than ten lbs

im am now entering day twenth in bed after surgery. i own the company so i cant be fired, but i wanted to share this with you so you prepare for the worst.

I want to take more than a week but I also want to keep my job. I'm not telling them that I'm having this procedure either. To miss this much time for something that is technically voluntary wouldn't go over too well.

I saw my pregnant wife get fired from the law firm she worked at once they found out she was pregnant 3 years ago. All of a sudden there performance issues that we never there before. Despite all the laws and protections they can still get rid of you if they want to. You can sue but when you work for a small business there is usually very little to sue for.

I'll hire a taxi if I can't drive but I will be at work a week after I get this done.

I took two weeks but ended up going back early. I was feeling fine and being at home just bored me! By the two week point I was actually flying to out of town meetings and had no issues at all. I was more tired than normal at the end of the day but other than that I had no issues.

I took eleven days off and it wasn't enough, but my job is a little more demanding (physician). I had to cut back to two half days that first week. I wasn't in much pain but was very weak. @ 2 weeks post op I am fine! Good luck, I think everyone is different.

I work at a hospital most of my coworkers told me 2 week$ light duty and 3 weeks if I was going to be on my feet for 12 hours. I took 3 weeks off to give myself some lead way. My paid time off only covers 2 weeks... Hopefully all goes well and I can return sooner.

I was off a week and was fine if tired at the end of the day. I do have an office job.

I've been thinking about this too since I have a sit down job. Plus, no way I want to be out for 4 weeks!

I have 2 FT jobs...I'm in no rush to go back...I asked to get the max -- 6 weeks and I hope I get it. I'll get 60% of each salary and I have multiple AFLAC policies. I'm the main bread winner in my family. My husband is a self employed mechanic, so he has more flexibility. He's the one who takes our girl's to their doc appts and handles other details

My doc said 4 weeks and im taking it:)

I work @ a hospital and i am thw secretary so I have no heavy lifting or anything but U dud take 2 1/2 weeks if just ti get use ti my new sleeve and how I can tolerate my diet, I may go back early, I don't know yet, depends on if I get bored or not!

I only took one week off, traveled to and from Mexico, returned to work at my office job and didn't tell anyone there that I had even had the surgery and nobody could tell. I would have been soo sooo bored if I had taken more time off. Returning to work gave me the motivation to get up, eat and drink right and start the rest of my life! I say you can do it! Good luck!

I have 2 FT jobs...I'm in no rush to go back...I asked to get the max -- 6 weeks and I hope I get it. I'll get 60% of each salary and I have multiple AFLAC policies. I'm the main bread winner in my family. My husband is a self employed mechanic' date=' so he has more flexibility. He's the one who takes our girl's to their doc appts and handles other details[/quote']

I have aflac too. What policy will help with this besides std?

I have aflac too. What policy will help with this besides std?

I also have the hospital indemnity plan. So if I read my policy correctly, there will be a claim will be against both. I believe it's 1000 for the procedure and 300 each night i'm in the hosp in addition to the STD once the elimination period kicks in. I'm not too sure about 1000 -- my agent "told" me that but I didn't really ingest all my policies and see that explicitly written anywhere.

I had a previous claim earlier this year for my daughters. They both had outpatient surgery (ENT, tonsils & adenoids). One was paid 300, the other wasn't b/c she was diagnosed w/in 30 days of the policy being in effect.

I hope they don't give me any issues b/c I've been fat forever so maybe it's technically a pre-existing condition, but my surgeon's office used the date they first saw me on all forms which is about 2 weeks after the AFLAC 30 day mark. I'll keep you posted!

I had my sugery on Monday 9/10. I went back to work on Friday 9/14 - I had very brief gas pains after surgery but other than that I was just uncomfortable, no real pain. I worked a half day on Friday and was completely fine. I took lots of walks and sipped all day.

Everyone is different and on Wednesday after surgery I was convinced I would need several more weeks. On Thursday morning I woke up feeling like a new person!