Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Month Post And Nauseous All The Time

Just hit 1 month post op yesterday. Had a bad sinus infection 2weeks out that I am just now getting over. (only a slight cough left). I am nauseated almost every morning. Today it got so bad that I ended up in the bathroom at work dry heaving bc my stomach was empty.. I can't really stop at work to eat anything and I did have some string cheese for Breakfast.. Doc called in more Zofran, but I'm worried this is going to be a recurring thing for a while..

Any advice as to what to eat for Breakfast that might help?

I will admit I am not a big breakfast person and never have been, but the nausea makes it almost impossible to even get a little down in the AM.

Also, I haven't been able to do Protein shakes bc so far every one I've tried makes me so sick and shaky that I can't function..

Hoping for an answer soon because I am a teacher, and due to budget cuts they took away our personal/sick days. Days like today, I end up at home halfway thru the day, bc the nausea turns in to vomiting.. Or at least trying to vomit.

Thanks!!

Skitt

You just started getting nauseated or did this start after suegery?

Happened after surgery but was on zofran.. Was very bad when I had the sinus infection, but got better as infection cleared.. It's been on going but I've been able to control w meds.. Doc wants me to try to find a way without meds AND insurance is only allowing me to get 10 zofran pills for the entire month!

Wow! My heart goes out to you!!

The only thing I can think of is that you are in a vicious cycle. You are nauseous because you are dehydrated, but you can't drink bcs you get nauseous! That's the pits.

For Breakfast, what about a Protein bar? Try Power Crunch bars. Someone here suggested those and they are really good. Wafer type, not heavy like many bars.

I'm sorry you had your personal days cut. The budget does NOT need to be messing with our teachers! Education is the key to success...but don't start me on that soapbox.

I can't tolerate the same Protein Shakes I could right after surgery. They too make me sick. The only one I tolerate is the Premier. I get them from Sam's

No funky after taste. If you can manage to tolerate them they have 30 grams of Protein

Good luck. I hope it gets better for you!

1. Are you taking Prilosec? Acid can make you very nauseous when u have an empty stomach. I gave had reflux for years and it has always been the worst when I'm hungry.

2. If you can't eat can you at least keep drinking Water throughout thr day. I agree that you need ti stay hydrated.

3. Try something very high in Protein to make it last longer in your system. What about Isopure? You could even sip they all say long and it has 40. Grams of protein and tastes like koolaid. food I would try would be any meat you can tolerate. Don't worry if it's not a breakfast food. Heck try chicken or something. I know I'm not crazy about eggs do I would just try something I can tolerate.

Hope this helps.

Yep taking the Prilosec.. Haven't tried the Isopure yet, I'll try to get some of that tomorrow. I was able to get quite a bit of Water in before the vomiting, but after it just seemed too heavy for my stomach.

Hoping tomorrow is better. Thanks for all the suggestions. At this point I'll try anything! I'll try to find the Protein wafers but the closest Sams is an hours drive 1 way. Maybe they'll have something similar at Walgreens. Again thanks for the support!!

Do you have post nasal drip? That could make one ill.

It's possible about the post nasal drip. I am still battling the cough after the sinus infection and it is mainly mornings that I am nauseous (no I'm not pregnant). I go in to doc next Thursday, so hopefully we can figure something out then. This is just one horrible feeling to deal w every day

I too have been infested with a sinus infection and upper resparatory infection. Its the mucus! While you sleep, that stuff ends up in your stomach because you're laying down. Our stomachs can't handle it anymore. It used to make me feel nauseated even before the surgery, but at 6 months out, yep, every morning. I'd skip breakfast until it gets better. It will. :(

Thanks for the encouragement!! Maybe when this cough gets better it will ease up! I've always had trouble eating in the morning.. I've only been able to get in maybe a third of what I can at lunch. I'm still not drinking enough. I haven't found anything I like and can tolerate. Everything has to be extremely cold and as soon as it warms up, I don't like it anymore. I use to love crystal light and tea sweetened w Splenda. Now it tastes too chemical. fruit juices are too sweet.. Any suggestions on how I can get more in would be great...

I am experiencing the same problem ,6 weeks out , weak and the thought of Protein Shakes start making me ill. My surgeon says this a normal and keep thanking the Zofran, prior to food intake. I probably need to call him , to let him know it is not working. I have a constant metallic taste in my mouth ,which doesn't help the situation .

Hang in there! It has gotten slightly better for me- although I am 4 months out- and at some times I feel just aweful sick to my stomach. It seems to be getting slightly better but not a ton. I monitor everything I eat and drink, and NOT drinking anywhere near before of after eating helps a lot. But when I wake first thing in the morning its he'll! <3

Best of luck to you!

I am experiencing the same problem ' date='6 weeks out , weak and the thought of Protein shakes start making me ill. My surgeon says this a normal and keep thanking the Zofran, prior to food intake. I probably need to call him , to let him know it is not working. I have a constant metallic taste in my mouth ,which doesn't help the situation .[/quote']

I would call your doctor if I were you. The constant metallic taste scares me a little because that sounds like you are bleeding.

What about some Ginger tea? Ginger helps with nausea, so maybe sipping on a cup while getting ready for work would help. Good luck!