Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skin Tiightening Procedures? What Non Surgical Works?

Has anyone had warps, thermage, laser treatments or any other procedures and how was your results?

Wraps. Not warps. Haha

Seems there are a lot of opinions on this subject. I worry about people wasting money on things that don't work and non-permanent solutions. Reminds me of scams like breast and penis enlargement pills, preying on the desperate.

The skin is an organ; it can stretch, grow, shrink and heal. All of that takes time, and nothing goes back to the way it was after it stretches out enough.

Can anyone actually cite any real, scientific studies that show anything works beyond surgery?

My guess is you're better off staying moisturized and working out, and saving those dollars you might spend on other products for surgery down the road if you so desire.

I agree, I can tell in my maintenance phase now (have been for almost 5 months) my skin has improved quite a bit, and keeps getting better, I never had hanging or loose skin really but It looks tighter now,

Ah that's good to hear that there is hope!

So what' works? Do u go have it done professonaky?

Umm, how do you tell if the wraps are actually working or if it's really the TIME that is working? ANSWER: You CAN'T. While I'm sure to feels good and eases your mind as it has already been mentioned this "skin tightening" stuff is basically a hoax.

The body has a good mechanism to create more skin, as it stretches collagen bonds are broken and the body creates new skin in between the breaks, and when you lose weight that is what puckers up and creates stretch marks - the new skin filling in the broken bonds. There is no real bodily mechanism to consume the new excess skin and remove it other than starve yourself so much that the body eats up and available tissue that it can - we've all seen pictures of concentration camp survivors and people who are anorexic with their paper thin skin pulled tight across their bones and believe me you DON'T want to go THERE.

It all depends on a few factors, age, genetic disposition and TIME. You can also exercise more which can fill out some fat with muscle but this has limited effect if the skin is stretched badly. It will shrink SOME and then stop and there is nothing that can really get it back to it's original size once it's been stretched too far.

Barring all this the only real solution is surgical, removal of the skin that leaves visible scars that is VERY painful.

Yes the wraps do work. How do I know? Documenting measurments and pictures! Like I said, there are alot of scams out there, but I have been using a product for approx 5months. I put before and after pictures with the link where to buy the products and I GOT INTROUBLE.. I guess the people following the thread took it as I was solicitating. I got a message from admin stated quite a few people complained that I was advertising, I wasn't.

I never mentioned the wraps until someone posted a question on what creams have people used to help with the scaring. So I mentioned the wraps/creams I have been using. Just that 1 time! I time I mentioned the product, 1 comment, I didn't advertise on different threads and/or send people private messages etc... just that 1 time. sorry I am going on and on,

That is the thing I guess from some of the newbies who don't know us veterans, lol. I have been a member for approx 2 yrs and been sleeved since March 1st 2011.

Maybe people don't know who JaspersGirl is because most of them are newbies... but yes, I am read and not a fraud trying to sell stuff.

Awhile ago I put up a status stating I was going to try some wraps recommended to me (this was I think in April or May), everyone was saying, oh please tell us if they did really work. Yes they did. I haven't been on here much due to my work schedule, I use to work 3days a week, now I work 5.

It really hurt my feelings that people actually reported me... but I totally understand.

I know I am going off track here, but I guess I am still hurt and feel betrayed in a way? It's still on my mind and afraid of even mentioning anything.

What Rootman is saying is how do you know the skin wouldn't be shrinking without the wraps? You can't possibly know. Your evidence is completely anecdotal. That's what he saying, and I agree.

If you have not tried one than you have nothing to back what you have said on weather they work or not. If she has done them and they work for her than they work for her. If you think that your way is the only way you need to do some research on med. and alternative med.

So if she says they work...then they do? I'm asking if you understand what anecdotal evidence is? If I do "A" and "B" happens, then "A" didn't necessarily cause "B". My mom drank milk....then got cancer. 99.9% of cancer patients drank milk. This doesn't mean that milk caused cancer.

There is already plenty of evidence that these kinds of things have no measurable effect. If she's selling them then I have a right to ask what evidence is there that they work other than she put them on and her saggy skin improved. It's well known that if you lose weight too fast your skin may not withdraw as fast and you will have lose looking skin. In some individuals, the skin will tighten on its own afterward. So my question is how does anyone know that the individuals who have used this product wouldn't have also had the same effect without it?

I've heard that after you reach goal, wait a good 2 years before you decide to do anything like plastic surgery (which it does not sound like you want) because of the amazing restorative properties of the body. Everything may not go back to "normal" but sounds like a lot of improvement can take place in that first couple years. Then evaluate the need to slice and dice. I am also hoping my batwings and bag of wet laundry in the front can be improved by "non cutting" methods ;)