Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slower To No Weight Loss :(

I will b 6 mo out on 9/12 and my weight loss has come to a stop. I am able to eat anything at this point, of course everything in "sleeve portions". My next visit to my doc is next month. I will admit I don't exercise as I should and sometimes don't drink enough Water and I try to eat my Protein daily. So I guess I know what I need to do to try and start losing again. Just venting, but need motivation and suggestions :)

keepin it real ;)

We all have stalls...when that happens, I up my Water intake & start walking a little more than normal. You can do it! Good luck!
:D

Stalls are normal. Just revisit what you are eating, is there anything you would change?? Also realize that after 6 months, weight loss also tends to slow down, but it is not the end! I didn't reach my goal until 18 months out, so you will still continue to lose!

I am having the same problem ... I was sleeved in February and have list 65lbs..... For the par few weeks, I have been at the same and the weight doesn't seem to be going anywhere . My husband and I just joined a gym ( I have exercising in classes, at home and on my own) . They did an analysis and said that I still have like 20 pounds of excess fat.. This really bummed me out on top of the stall. HELP!!! I find myself going back to those comfort foods but I keep exercising and no loosing ..... Any suggestions ?

It seems that between 5 and 6 months a lot of people have a MEGA stall...3 weeks plus (just read the forums).

I stalled for 3 weeks and now the weight seems to be going down again.

Just hang in there.It will happen if you dont eat to much.

O,I had to drop my carbs for a while to get weight moving again...I think it was that but then the stall could just have been over.

Hang in there...

I'm having the same issue. I have little to no carbs. I've been going up & down same two lbs for over a month.

Google 5 day pouch test..Jump starts the weight loss.

I hit a 10 wk stall at 6 months post surgery. I thought that after the 6 month mark, that was the end of my weight loss....started feeling down & depressed....then I came to this forum for support. Many people will have many different suggestions and strategies...pick and choose what works for You!

In the past 2 wks, I started seeing the scale move downwards again......very slowly but at least it's moving in the right direction.

Sansmom, I am feeling a little better about my 6 week stall since reading your post. Did you do anything to get your weight loss moving? Or did the stall just end? I am feeling so depressed right now. Mainly because I have been exercising and eating 1200 calories or less and not seeing any results. My partner who weighs 112 cuts out some carbs and doesn't change anything else and loses weight! And she isn't even trying to lose weight! I used to think people who complained about these kinds of stalls were doing something wrong, eating too much and not knowing it, etc. but now that this has happened I realize this is real. My metabolism really has slowed down to nothing. I would survive really good if I were stranded somewhere without any food. Thanks a lot ancestors. And while we are at it, thanks a lot menopause! I should have listened to my older sister who told me when I was in my twenties to lose the weight then because it becomes impossible later. :(

Well I must say that I feel a little bit of relief knowing that this too is "normal". Thank u all who commented. This week, after about 4 wks, I lost 1 lb :( I wish it was more but at least the numbers didn't go up. Still frustrated but hopeful that this is not the end.

keepin it real ;)

Sansmom, I am feeling a little better about my 6 week stall since reading your post. Did you do anything to get your weight loss moving? Or did the stall just end? I am feeling so depressed right now. Mainly because I have been exercising and eating 1200 calories or less and not seeing any results. My partner who weighs 112 cuts out some carbs and doesn't change anything else and loses weight! And she isn't even trying to lose weight! I used to think people who complained about these kinds of stalls were doing something wrong, eating too much and not knowing it, etc. but now that this has happened I realize this is real. My metabolism really has slowed down to nothing. I would survive really good if I were stranded somewhere without any food. Thanks a lot ancestors. And while we are at it, thanks a lot menopause! I should have listened to my older sister who told me when I was in my twenties to lose the weight then because it becomes impossible later. :(

Janet53, please try to keep a positive outlook! Your stall will pass! Some stalls are longer than others. I have not read of anyone else who has had a stall as long as mine tho! I know mine had nothing to do with overeating becuz my new stomach can't hold much anyways! I was also doing my 30 minutes of daily exercise as well. Personally, i decided to quit weighing myself daily...i was getting too depressed. My Dr and Nut had no suggestions or clues to why my wl stopped. This website has helped me understand wls more and also reading other people's stories/journies gave me inspiration and much needed info. My stall stopped several weeks ago when I got sick with the flu/sinus infection....dropped 6 lbs right away....i think my illness helped jumpstart my stall...within a week and half, I dropped total 10 lbs. Fill your mind with positive thoughts...put "stall" in the search box and read thru other forums...it really did help me get a more postive attitude. I mean, I was ready to ask my surgeon to do a RNY revision...that's how bad I was feeling! Antoher positive thought: with a slow weight loss (like me), you don't have to worry about sagging skin so much.

I've lost 5 pounds since my surgery on April 8! I have been exercising and still no weight loss. I am so frustrated. I called the doctors office and they told me to stay off the scale. I should have lost more weight by now! What gives!

Since my surgery April 8 I've lost only 4 more pounds. 6 weeks or more of nothing! How do I get started again? I'm so frustrated.

Since my surgery April 8 I've lost only 4 more pounds. 6 weeks or more of nothing! How do I get started again? I'm so frustrated.

Me too almost exactly. Sleeved 4/7 and only 5 pounds since my first week. Docs say I'm doing things right and to keep going but I do not have the faith.

Hey rizabonita! I see you had Dr Foote, so did I. I had the sleeve about 9 months ago and I see a trend where I drop a couple stay steady then wham I/m up 2 pounds, then out of the blue I am down those 2 plus 2 more, but it takes a month to do that. Crazy. I am frustrated but happy that its still moving in the right direction I guess. Keep your chin up!!

Well I must say that I feel a little bit of relief knowing that this too is "normal". Thank u all who commented. This week, after about 4 wks, I lost 1 lb :( I wish it was more but at least the numbers didn't go up. Still frustrated but hopeful that this is not the end.

keepin it real ;)