Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did Anyone Not Do A Leak Test?

9 days post-op, on pureed diet. I have had no issues with any food or liquid I've eaten so far and have been pureeing everything -- like I used to do for my kids for baby food. :)

Anyway, because it's going SO well, I'm paranoid. What if I'm eating the wrong things? How do I know if I have a leak? Bust open staples? I did not have a leak test before I left hospital.

Wow that's crazy! I had one the next day. When is your follow up visit? I have heard people had them there too.

Robyn

I did not have a leak test before i left the hospital either. I have heard that some surgeons do them in the OR. I will have to find out when i go for my follow up on Wednesday.

Some surgeon's have a way of doing a leak test before they ' close up'. That's what my surgeon does. No leak test afterwards.

I didn't have a leak test with Dr. Thomas in Houston - doing fine at 3 months out.

No leak test he said he sewed the inside for overkill and put some solution like glue. I saw this done on youtube and an happy he did it this way. Made just feel reassured he took the extra time to do it. He said he checked everything before he closed me up. He was great. Dr Hess Boston medical center. He came to see me every day I was iv the hospital so nice.

No leak test after surgery and I am not sure if they did one during the surgery, it was never mentioned and I never asked.

I didn't have a leak test. My Dr does a test in surgery to check for leaks. I'm 3 months out and no problems.

I had a leak test post op in the OR... then 2 days out I drink methillin blue.. and did a leak test at the radiology clinic under xray... I am 11 days out today down in about 15 pounds had mine done in Tijuana with dr almanza... just gets better and better each day. No regrets

My surgeon doesnt do them - he says they can cause leaks - go figure.

No leak test done after surgery. I didn't know to ask if one was done surgery. Look up what the leak symptoms are if you are worried.

At this point you won't feel full yet. Try to serve yourself 4-6 oz of your puree.

I was tested for leaks before they finished the surgery. Just seems to make so much more sense.

No leak test for me either. It made me paranoid. When I asked my Sugeons PA she responded that they really arn't necessary, stated she hadn't seen a sleeve pt in her practice that had Developed a leak. Said they didn't even do them till recently and do them for Patient peace of mind and the great insurance reimbursement. The Sugeon does do one in the OR.

I had one down in xray the next day,before I could leave,nasty tasting stuff