Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours... Hair Loss.

I take all mine as well. Plus extras (like biotin) for hair & nails. I also get my Protein in every single day.

I agree, I think it just has to run its course. :-/

I believe mine is happening because of the medication I'm taking for my low prolactin...cabergoline.

Sleeved on 3/26, and in the midst of Hair loss with everyone else. I started out with extremely thick hair, and I can sbsolutely say I have lost at least 50% of my hair. I'm tall enought that most people can't see the top of my head, but I have noticed that my part is more noticable now. I'm taking mutlivitamins and 5000mcg of Biotin every day....just waiting for this to run its course. At least I lost mine during the summer, which made for a much cooler hair style!

Is it due to malnutrition? That would seem to be the reason considering the diet change..uggh

Is it due to malnutrition? That would seem to be the reason considering the diet change..uggh

Yes, it is most commonly thought to be due to a lack of Protein in the early post-op stage. Usually happens at about 4 months. It is temporary, and some have even reported thicker regrowth.

I am going to pray for thicker hair when this is over! :tongue2:

Still losing. Here is an updated pict. It is getting BAD!!

IMAG1109.jpg

I just hit my one year anniversary and I am still losing hair. Its not as bad as it was, but its still coming out. I take the Biotin but it hasnt helped, so I had to cut my hair short (which was past my bra) to make it healthier and just continue to treat it to make it stronger. I get most of my Protein in too. I guess its just one of the down sides of having surgery. I have found that a product called Aphogee from Sally's Beauty Supply has helped my hair tremendously to look and feel healthier.

For any of you in my shoes' date=' I do use a product called Xfusion. You shake it on your head and it helps camoflauge the thin spots.

[/quote']

Wow!!! That's really cool, where can I get. Xfusion? I'm very interested

FYI I use Xfusion it's a life saver. I'm not self conscious about my hair. Anyhow if you have a Sally's beauty supply near you they sell the same type of product it's called topikk. They really are great. They so not help with growth, but honestly I always get compliments on my hair when I have it in my hair.

Wow!!! That's really cool' date=' where can I get. Xfusion? I'm very interested

[/quote']

I order Xfusion from Ebay

My sister lost Patches of hair post-WLS, but, now abt 3 years post-op, it's come back & fuller. She used Biotin (10k mcg/day), Fish oil supplements (double doses), her multi (double doses) & a minimum 60g Protein, along with minimum 72oz water/day.

My hair is waist-length & thick, but I will follow her "recipe" for sure. I already take 6k mcg Biotin daily. I'm not an overly vain person, but I feel like being the fat girl my whole life, my hair is the only selling point I've got!

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW)

Just wanted to update y'all. I tried Garnier Fight Fall. It didn't work. My hair stylist said Hair loss from weight loss requires nutrients put back in at scalp. I started using this Clear Therapy Shampoo & conditioner from Walmart. Less than 2 weeks & less is coming out (WAY less!) and I see new growth. :-)

PS. I'm only 5 months out.

post-31248-13813660532297_thumb.jpg

I see that I'm not as bad as some of you guys (thank goodness, as I had thin hair to begin with) but yeah, 8 months post-op and hair is still coming out fast and furiously. I keep on joking that someone has to turn off the hair generating machine in the bathroom, which also tends to spread hairs around all the other areas of the house... The funny thing is that I've actually gotten lots of compliments on my most recent haircut, even though my hair has thinned out so much - it isn't really different from previous haircuts, so my theory is that because my face is so much thinner (I finally have cheekbones!), the cut just looks more flattering. But the compliments do go a long way to making me feel better about my ever-thinning hair. :)