Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hispanic/latino Sleevers?

Thank you!!! I was wondering about 3 leches too' date=' so glad you mentioned that. I wonder if I could experiment and make a Protein 3 leches cake lol.....

That might be kinda good :P[/quote']

Tres Leches Cake

Low fat low sugar

Tres leches ("three milks"), a cake drenched in sweet, milky Syrup and topped with meringue, has nearly overtaken flan as a favorite dessert in Latino restaurants. We lightened the traditional recipe by about 245 calories a serving by using lower-fat versions of the milks that give the cake its name.

Cake:

Cooking spray

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 large egg whites

2/3 cup Splenda for baking

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 large eggs

2/3 cup all-purpose flour

Milk Mixture:

1 cup half-and-half (fat free)

1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk

Meringue:

3 large egg whites

1 cup Splenda for baking

1/3 cup Water

1 teaspoon lemon rind

Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare cake, coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.

Place salt and 4 egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Place 1 teaspoon vanilla and eggs in a large bowl; beat until thick and pale (about 3 minutes). Gently fold egg white mixture into egg mixture. Lightly spoon 2/3 cup flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Gently fold flour into egg mixture. Spoon batter into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.

To prepare the milk mixture, combine the half-and-half, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Pierce the entire top of cake with a fork, and pour the milk mixture over the cake.

To prepare meringue, beat 3 egg whites with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup Water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238°. Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at high speed. Stir in rind and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over cake.

I found this in a magazine and instead of sugar use Splenda for baking .

Tres Leches Cake

Low fat low sugar

Tres leches ("three milks")' date=' a cake drenched in sweet, milky Syrup and topped with meringue, has nearly overtaken flan as a favorite dessert in Latino restaurants. We lightened the traditional recipe by about 245 calories a serving by using lower-fat versions of the milks that give the cake its name.

Cake:

Cooking spray

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 large egg whites

2/3 cup Splenda for baking

3 large eggs

2/3 cup all-purpose flour

Milk Mixture:

1 cup half-and-half (fat free)

1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk

Meringue:

3 large egg whites

1 cup Splenda for baking

1/3 cup Water

1 teaspoon lemon rind

Preheat oven to 350°.

To prepare cake, coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.

Place salt and 4 egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Place 1 teaspoon vanilla and eggs in a large bowl; beat until thick and pale (about 3 minutes). Gently fold egg white mixture into egg mixture. Lightly spoon 2/3 cup flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Gently fold flour into egg mixture. Spoon batter into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.

To prepare the milk mixture, combine the half-and-half, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Pierce the entire top of cake with a fork, and pour the milk mixture over the cake.

To prepare meringue, beat 3 egg whites with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Combine 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup Water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 238°. Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at high speed. Stir in rind and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over cake.

I found this in a magazine and instead of sugar use Splenda for baking .[/quote']

Omg I can't thank you enough!!!

I'm Mexican too. I don't have a problem staying away from tortillas but chips are another story. I crave hot sauce all the time & go crazy. Definitely a trigger food.< /p>

Thanks for starting this thread! Anyone tried enchiladas post op yet?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yup! My hubby and I make chicken and cheese at home. I don't eat the tortilla. As for hot sauce- I love chips and salsa! I purchased some chips at trader joes. 6 grams of Protein for seven chips. They r soy and flax seed. I get my Fiber and my Omega 3s while enjoying a not so good snack. I should switch to veggies altogether, but I love chips and salsa. :)

I'm only 6 weeks post op and I really miss all of my Mexican food.< /p>

Nina...you will have them back...but it's gonna take some time...I promise you there are so many things you will still enjoy.

Katie

I can eat spicy food but Ill pay for it later. I don't want to sound like a broken record. Once you lose a lot of weight and are within 50 pounds of your goal you will not care. I love food and love to cook. To be honest with you eating is different. You can't eat a lot and you don't enjoy it the same. TOTALLY worth it. I know there was a time when i felt so bad about being fat. I would have done anything to get these types of results. Oh yeah I mexican too.

Me too! I am praying that I can still tolerate spicy food. After doing research and seeing a lot of people not being able to, I'm not gonna lie, it made me sad lol

What about menudo?!?! When can I have that or can I have that?!?! I am three weeks out :D

I'm not a big fan of menudo, the meat is kinda tough, so you'd have to hew forever.

So pozole from the menudo is okay...I'm so glad about that!!! :D

chicken Mole is another one YUMMY :D

Well i am so glad for everyone post, i have had some of the same questions . Well what i miss is home made tacos because i can not eat tortillas, sopes. Or pan dulce. Well i am 6 months out and i am stuck at the same weight , also i miss my margaritas.