Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hispanic/latino Sleevers?

Hi everyone. I noticed that there are group for everyone out there, but not for Hispanics & Latinos.

I feel like food is such a huge part of our culture. Like you go to your aunt's house and the first thing they do is try to feed you LOL!

Are there many of us????

Yes!!!!! I'm always being offered food!!! Lol

Yes...raising hand right here. Love me some latin food. So far I've found that carnitas are way too greasy and I cannot tolerate them. I can however eat Lechon. Guisados are a go to, meat and salsa in a crock pot can't go Aron with that. Pozole is still my fav, and I can tolerate:)

Yes!!!! So glad to see this! Not an official sleever YET, but really trying to be! food is huge in our culture...and I am a lil nervous about missing some of it down the line..

Yes!!!! So glad to see this! Not an official sleever YET' date=' but really trying to be! food is huge in our culture...and I am a lil nervous about missing some of it down the line..[/quote']

Me too! I am praying that I can still tolerate spicy food. After doing research and seeing a lot of people not being able to, I'm not gonna lie, it made me sad lol

Yes...raising hand right here. Love me some latin food. So far I've found that carnitas are way too greasy and I cannot tolerate them. I can however eat Lechon. Guisados are a go to' date=' meat and salsa in a crock pot can't go Aron with that. Pozole is still my fav, and I can tolerate:)[/quote']

I love pozole!!! Do you eat tortillas? I know people have different opinions about them.

I can eat tortillas but they do make me feel very full. I usually stick with corn just ecause they are less filling and healthier. If I'm eating a taco I will trim the edges of the tortilla and only eat what's really needed. Honsestly though I really have no desire to eat them like I used to. When I do eat tacos I will only eat the meat and toppings. I do make myself shrimp quesodillas and that's when I tend to eat tortillas. But I no longer have the need to eat them with caldo or meat.

Having the surgery has been the best ever. No regrets here. There really no limits to what you can have, the limit is how much you can have it. I love tres leches cake and I had some the other day about 1/3 of a slice, so there is not really any over indulging like before.

I can eat tortillas but they do make me feel very full. I usually stick with corn just ecause they are less filling and healthier. If I'm eating a taco I will trim the edges of the tortilla and only eat what's really needed. Honsestly though I really have no desire to eat them like I used to. When I do eat tacos I will only eat the meat and toppings. I do make myself shrimp quesodillas and that's when I tend to eat tortillas. But I no longer have the need to eat them with caldo or meat.

Having the surgery has been the best ever. No regrets here. There really no limits to what you can have' date=' the limit is how much you can have it. I love tres leches cake and I had some the other day about 1/3 of a slice, so there is not really any over indulging like before.[/quote']

Thank you!!! I was wondering about 3 leches too, so glad you mentioned that. I wonder if I could experiment and make a Protein 3 leches cake lol.....

That might be kinda good :P

Puerto Rico here as well .... I am on my liquid diet and surgery is in 10 days ...

Definitely will miss my alcapurias and pasteles , lol , LUCK to us all

Lol soo glad that I am not the only one, but I am glad that one day I will at least get a chance to have a taste of somethings and be satisfied!

Do happy you did This thread.!

I'm Mexican and I Miss my salsas.. I'm we days post op now. Still having trouble eating but I will try today some atole hopefully that will. Help.

I havent weight my self yet hopefully This weekend.

Good luck guys

Boricua ( Puerto Rico) Taina in da house! I am not sleeved yet, but already dreading family thanksgiving. Including pic pf last year's spread. Yes food is a big part of family. It will be interesting, especially since I am planning not to tell my parents.

post-59018-13813670516125_thumb.jpg

post-61889-13813670517082_thumb.jpg

post-33539-13813659916841_thumb.jpg

post-33539-13813659917668_thumb.jpg

I'm Chicana and lovin my sleeve. I am already enjoying many of my favorite but healthy foods...ceviche, shrimp cocktail, nopales, frijoles, tacos (I might eat one tortilla but mostly just the insides) menudo/posole/albondigas (about 1/3 of my old serving) salsas. Everything in moderation. I have decided to stay away from rice, fideos, flour tortillas, papas and most all sweets....but it is totally doable. For a ton of light Latin inspired recipes try skinnytaste.com.