Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Ideas When On The Go...

Ok here's my scenario. On Thursday I go to school after work. I start work at 6am and leave at 12. I start class at 12:30 and it ends at 3:20 then I have another class at 3:30 and that goes until 6:30. By the time I get home it's 7pm.

I ate right before I left work, however I usually eat small meals throughout the day. I need something I can during school. I only do cold Protein shakes and really don't have a way to keep the cold. I'm super pressed for time and don't really have time to stop and get something, besides if I were to find something convienant and fast I'm sure I wouldn't be healthy. I'm really not a fan of any Protein Bars.

Needless to stay I was really hungry when I got home and I was not able to meet my Protein requirements. So do you guys have any suggestions of Snacks or food I can bring to school???

Thanks

I have a bag of either turkey or beef Jerky for a meal just about every day. It comes in convenient small plastic bags and 3 ounces is normally about 33 grams of Protein. You just have to be careful of the sodium content...there are some brands that are less sodium than others. I realize not everybody likes jerky but for me, it's filling and works great as a quick, easy, protein filled meal.

I use string cheese, 100 calorie bag of almonds is pretty perfectly portioned for me, Pork rinds and powdered Protein. I measure it out and put it in a small container and then just mix it with a bottle of Water. Good luck!!

cheese sticks! They can go several hours not being refrigerated.

Or little tuna cups. I think Starkist makes tiny 1 serving cups to go. Look in the tuna aisle, they don't have to be kept cold. And it's not the kit with the crackers & maio etc, it's just a tiny container of tuna. I keep one and a baby spoon in my purse. If you need maio w your tuna, have a friend pick up little packets of maio at a fast food joint.

Good luck. Teachers are aweome & underappreciated.

Lol! I misread your post, you aren't a teacher. But wow, your schedule is brutal! Hang in there!

I'm a fan of the tuna kits myself. I do buy the ones with crackers, but I seldom eat the crackers. I also buy little bags of sardines because I love sardines. I invested ina box of plastic silverware so I can toss the utensil with the container. Mini babybel cheeses are a staple for me and I have a small cooler that sits in my car for bottle Water. Freeze the Water and it's your ice for the other food if you need it. :)

If you do have time to stop, most convenience stores now carry string cheese and boiled eggs in little packets, too. You could carry both in the cooler, though. :)

tuna kits, canned chicken, Jerky and rtd muscle milk are my on the road meals, none require refrigeration. I'm not eatting nuts or Protein bars, but those would work too, if they fit into ur diet plan.

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

emilybites.com has something called 'cupcake meals'. it is meals that you cook in cupcake tins. they are around 150 calories each, the size of a cupcake (perfect portions) and have low fat and decent Protein.

there are menus for lasagna cupcakes, taco cupcakes, buffalo chicken cupcakes, etc. etc.

i am on the road most of the day through the week. i spend about an hour on sunday making these, then i have lunch all week long. i keep it in a lunchbox. if i'm close to a microwave, it takes 45 sec. to heat it up, or if i'm not close to one, they aren't bad cold either. if you can carry a lunchbox, they are perfect for on the go.

she also has great meals for all around too.