Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Times Did You Make Yourself Sick....

Hope you at least gave him a treat after that:)

She got a bath after that. She's diabetic, was giving her an insulin injection. Talk about adding insult to injury...

I've read on the boards that the Protein shots aren't suitable because they are collagen Protein and not whey protein. Maybe you've already discussed this with your NUT, but you might want to consider a shake as a protein source.

Uh oh...I didn't know that...darn...I can NOT drink protien shakes. They are sooo sweet :(

I'm gonna try my last one Premier and see if I can handle those...If not I don't know what I'm gonna do LOL

It's amazing how many people are still feeling hunger around here lately. I know some folks will still get hungry' date=' but I have to wonder how many of those folks it is all in their head.

3+ months out and I still don't get "hungry"[/quote']

It would be lovely in many ways not to be hungry. At four months out I am well past the head hunger stage that I went through initially. It just turns out I didn't lose my appetite - but I still have found ways to make this work without feeling like I am depriving myself. The best part is that now when I get hungry I can have something like plain chicken breast (1- 1 1/2 ozs) and I'm satisfied. I don't spend my time thinking about yummy treats... Although I did go through a few days of desperately wanting frozen yogurt. That was an exception though! 68.8 lbs since early March - I'm a happy camper with or without hunger. :)

I wasn’t ever sick from eating too fast I was however sick a billion times from trying to eat too much till I just give up trying to eat 4oz and just did 1oz when the doc finally listened to me on the constant puking and said ok stop trying to eat 4oz it got a lot better.

I was actually sick today lol I did 1 teaspoon too many of Beans and cheese and the whole lot come up.

It’s really tricky to get the hang of to start with especially if they are telling you to eat 4 times more than you can fit in your stomach!

It's amazing how many people are still feeling hunger around here lately. I know some folks will still get hungry, but I have to wonder how many of those folks it is all in their head.

3+ months out and I still don't get "hungry"

Yep...I'm 11 weeks post-op, and haven't felt anything even remotely like "hunger." My mouth has wanted more, and my brain has craved things, but I've not been hungry. I've finally gotten to the point that my mouth is satisfied when my sleeve is satisfied....that helps keep me from eating so much I get over-full (and spend 1-2 hours miserable, as a result!). :)

At seven months I've done it twice, both timed early on. I can't remember the last time. I learned to eat very slowly and that not drinking when you eat is a rule for a reason.

The big keys are "Dime sized bites" and "put the utensil down and chew"

Everything else is pretty much a mindgame at that point. How much of your food can you get into a state that your stomach would do anyway? How much time can I make myself go before I take another bite?

One of the big winners for me is the fact that I STILL cannot wrap my head around the fact that a single 1/4 hamburger patty by itself is more than enough food for me - so I still get stuck in the habit of making more than one burger for myself, or ordering a double when all I can eat is a single, etc.

The key is definitely slow.

I coined a new phrase too - "Slow and Glow" - eat slow, glow at the results.

You are so right about being shocked by how little of something you can eat.

A juicy, greasy hamburger was probably my favorite meal. Was. I bought sliders at the grocery store, and looked foward to them. UGH. Not god. Another food item off the list!

To answer the original poster, I have eaten too quickly or taken too big a bite, and paid the price. Feels like the food is stuck in my esophagus. I now understand how this sleeve works...

As for feeling hunger...I have felt real hunger pains a few times (I am 2 months out). It is usually because I didn't eat dinner the night before, and I wake up ravenous. Some nights after my fitness class, I am tired and just can't deal with seeing what I can actually eat, so I settle for a piece of cheese of some melon, and call it a night. I wake up hungry. A few bites of an Atkins Protein Bar, solved the problem. I HAVE to do better.

We were both sleeved on the 30th. Lucky you. My post op appointment is the 11th. Can't wait. Hopefully I gt the puréed stage pass!

I'm 6 days post op and had my follow up today with my surgeon. I got permission to start pureed or "applesauce" consistency foods. Although I haven't been hungry, I was advised to have something anyway 3 x a day, 1-2 tbsp at this stage. I decided to have some cottage cheese. I ate slow, took small bites, but I think because I'm so paranoid of NOT knowing what I'm supposed to feel, I ate the 1 tbsp and stopped. I hear about the pain and this "slime" (which I really don't know what it is yet) - and I think I'm afraid of feeling all of that.

I'm sure as I get more comfortable with the sleeve, I will find my limits as I'm sure they will be pushed may times. For now - and so soon after...I'm afraid!

Uh oh...I didn't know that...darn...I can NOT drink protien shakes. They are sooo sweet :(

I'm gonna try my last one Premier and see if I can handle those...If not I don't know what I'm gonna do LOL

I'm so sorry you're having trouble getting the Protein in! I understand about the shakes being too sweet - maybe if you cut them with skim milk they might be easier to take? Also, talk to your NUT and ask if those Protein Shots are suitable. They might be! I'm not an expert! :)

The only other suggestion I have is unjury makes an "unflavored" Protein powder. I think it's more intended to mix with other things as "unflavored" doesn't mean "flavorless". I haven't tried Unjury, but lots of people have written about it being very good. They also have a chicken flavored powder you can mix with broth...

I hope this gets easier for you! Good luck!!