Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day five post op, Clear Liquids and awoke feeling very weak today. This is normal, right? I would think it would be expected after so little nourishment, but I've been pretty good up to this point. Everything else is going swimmingly. Any one else experience this? Please reassure me.

Barely any food, body ripped apart and stapled back together, probably a little dehydrated.. yup, it happens :)

I got out of bed everyday like I was 20 again and had a super annoying amount of energy (so my wife says), but did often have a midday crash.

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

Yes. Right now you are not taking in enough nourishment. Do try to get in your Protein and Water. Dehydration happens very quickly which also plays a role in how you are feeling but the protein will help you and go a long way into recovering and loosing weight. I hope your taking your chewable vitamins as well. Once you are allowed more food you'll perk right up. No worries all sound normal.

I was really afraid of this too and felt the exact same thing you're describing. I focused primarily on continuing to stay hydrated that first week to allow any swelling to diminish until my second week when I could drink normally. Then, when you are able to add in Protein - I love Shakeology - it made me feel like a new person again. Just give it time, and dont' worry too much. Once you get in more nutrients and after your stomach isn't as swelled, you will feel much better.

I was so worried I'd be SO light headed and tired like I felt the first week, but now I'm only 16 days post op and feel almost normal again!

Oh yes, completely normal. I was 7 days out when I started feeling "normal". Keep up the Water and walking, I am sure that helped me the most.

Excellent, thank you. I've had no trouble getting down liquids. My doctor said not to stress the Protein until next week, same with my chewables, day 8. I guess I just have to tough it out a little, and try to get a few calories in with my clear liquids. I just wanted to make sure panicking was not in order.

Me too - very weak. Trying to keep up on fluids and Protein Shakes.< /p>

I am 8 days post op and went to the dr feeling week. Turns out I'm severely dehydrated! They gave me 3 l of Fluid and I still havent peed! I had no clue I was that behind. You may want to call the dr and get some fluid