Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dumped... 2 Weeks Pre-Op

My boyfriend who doesn't understand struggling with weight your whole life and finally getting an opportunity to live a healthier life.

He thinks I am taking unnessicary measures.

Because he doesn't understand what I am dealing with he has left me. I partly believe that it's for the best. Maybe I need to focus on me become a healthier, stronger me and move on.

I feel so scared; I will be doing this all alone without a support system.

My boyfriend who doesn't understand struggling with weight your whole life and finally getting an opportunity to live a healthier life.

Because he doesn't understand what I am dealing with he has left me. I partly believe that it's for the best. Maybe I need to focus on me become a healthier' date=' stronger me and move on.

I feel so scared; I will be doing this all alone without a support system.[/quote']

U got all of us!! I'm sorry ur bf is an ***hole-but someone who leaves during a time like this is ignorant, immature & above all selfish...take care of u-u need this time to keep ur head right...

Sorry for the rant-I kno I shouldn't have-but I did.

Because he doesn't understand what I am dealing with he has left me. I partly believe that it's for the best. Maybe I need to focus on me become a healthier' date=' stronger me and move on.

I feel so scared; I will be doing this all alone without a support system.[/quote']

U dont need him to guide u .u can do this dont let anyone change your mind. Sometimes when it comes to the otherhalf they r more affraid how great u will look. And that possably other eyes will look at u. He is probably not looking at it the way u r w ur health. Hes worried hes scared.and thinking about him. ive been w guys who didnt want me to diet it made him feel safe

U dont need him to guide u .u can do this dont let anyone change your mind. Sometimes when it comes to the otherhalf they r more affraid how great u will look. And that possably other eyes will look at u. He is probably not looking at it the way u r w ur health. Hes worried hes scared.and thinking about him. ive been w guys who didnt want me to diet it made him feel safe

And u have plenty of support here good luck

Yes, you are better off without him. What if u were married and tough times arise? Do u think he would jump ship? U don't need or want a guy like that in ur life, trust me. It is an amazing feeling having a man stand by ur side and he is sincere in his support. U r making life changes. U will be stronger for it and u will find someone who loves and supports u no matter what!

You don't need him...your gut is telling you it's for the best...listen to your instinct...and go be that strong woman who cares for herself--without a man.

Better you know now what kind of person he is! You have a great support group here and you will get through this and get healthy. You will find Mr. Right who will love you and support you through all of the good and tough times.. you'll see, this was a blessing in disguise and now you won't have to deal with his antics while you are trying to recover. It's time for you to put you first!

Are you serious? He'll regret it once you reach your weight goal. You have a beautiful face. Believe me... he'll regret it!

Congrat on your NSV! He is a loser. He knew that you to good for him anyway.

Hang in there. These boards are great support and a great resource. See if your surgeon has anyone local to you that has been through the surgery that you can call when you need local support. My surgeon has a few people that have volunteered for something like this. I am planning to do it after my surgery, too.

need to focus on become a healthier, stronger me and move on.

pinktink91024

time to concentrate on yourself. :)

hope you do have someone, mom/family/friend that can help you in one way or the other for support

even if its a matter of them/you picking up the phone to check in

its true though, looking for support, you always have us - what more could you ask for :)

good luck

Congrats! You are (approximately) 200lbs lighter already!

You can find many posts on this forum where partners and family didn't agree with the decision to be sleeved. In some ways, it can make you stronger and more determined to be successful. This forum has been my support group. Find one in your area to join. I had surgery in Mexico, and I found a group of sleevers who had lunch once a month in my area. They told me that I can go to the hospital's support groups even if I didn't have my surgery with that hospital.

You've already lost probably 200 pounds! See how easy that was?! I know it hurts now, but once you put your focus on YOU, it'll become clear that this is probably for the best.

ETA: @SunnyCox, we cross-posted the same idea! Great minds... :-)

He thinks your taking an unnecessary risk ... so he dumps you? That makes no sense.

Like Kathy says, focus on you now. Then you will find a good man who won't feel threatened, scared, inconvenienced, bothered or whatever when things get tough.