Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I Start To Look Old?

So my face is full and people always think I'm younger than I am. I'm wondering if having a thinner face is really going to age me.

Just one more reason I wish I had done this sooner. I'm expecting to lose weight and look like I'm 30 again because that's the last time I saw myself at a decent weight!

I just turned 49 and was really worried I would have lots of wrinkles but to my amazement I don't. People tell me I look younger now. Hopefully you'll be the same.

I always thought losing weight helped you to look younger. I surely hope that is the case for me...LOL!

I am 63. I knew getting the puff out of my face would allow the lines to show up. I pictured my face looking like a Rolling Stone: thin and raisin-like in texture.

As it turned out it is not that bad. It also helps that my new energy and sense of well being makes me not give a rat's posterior about it.

I'd rather be an obnoxious old-looking guy that doesn't know how to "act his age" than a young looking old guy that acts decrepit and feeble. B)

I always had people assume I was younger then I am too. Now, I have lost more then 100# and I don't think my face is too old looking - I am 48.

Wrinkling happens due to loss of colligen, not necessarily weight loss. Your best bet is to find a good skin regimine to cleanse, moisturize and find good suppliments to help support the corners of your eyes, and the skin along your neckline. Exfoliating your skin will keep it rejuvinated and new skin developing which will help keep the skin tight and help avoid sagging.

There are a lot of products on the market both in department stores and through independent beauty consultants for different companies.

I don't think so. I think I look much younger in my photo on the right

People tell me I look 10 years younger now ...

There are pictures in my gallery under my profile ... you decide.

After the first pounds, my neck looked a bit gaunt, but I've taken care to use a brush with my face cleanser and moisterize. I think the elimination of sugar, fried foods, and other toxins has also helped. Besides, everyone I've seen on this forum with before and after huge weight losses, looks much younger (and healthier) to me.

Hmm...double chin or a few new wrinkles? I decided if I had a choice I would gladly trade a few wrinkles for the double chin! So far, so good. I have not had to pay up. Double chin is gone and no new wrinkles. Everyone tells me I look 10 years younger. I am religiously moisturizing though!

PDXMAN..your right you do look younger..... :)

PDXMAN..your right you do look younger..... :)

I second that! Love the Lavendar farm picture!

Check out some of the amazing before and after pics. Amazing how much younger folks look.

I am 35 and my neck has this weird thing going on but who cares! I feel I can see more lines but when I watch TV all the actresses have them so I am thinking it is normal!

I look alot younger. I think I have less noticible wrinkles now too. I've also been psycho about skincare my whole life, especially since the sleeve. I can't reccommend it enough! Try a face cream that has Royal Jelly in it. It encourages natural collagen production. Burts Bees makes a good one and it's only about $18.00.