Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Amit Trivedi

Hi. Has anyone else used Dr Amit Trivedi with Advanced Laproscopic, Hackensack University Medical Center, NJ? His office staff leaves a little to be desired, but he himself was wonderful. Sleeved August 31st

Hi,

I am bouncing back and forth between him and Mexico because I am selfpay. My friend recommended him to me she is getting sleeved in March, one of her friends and her boyfriend were sleeved by Dr.Trivedi and have no complaints.I a

I have my first consult with him Sep 11th.

Is the staff not pleasant?

They have certainly been pleasant, but I had trouble with my precert coordinator continually dropping the ball on my insurance paperwork. If I didn't stay on top of her, I feel like things wouldn't have gotten completed properly. But I would not let that stop me from recommending Dr Trivedi. He was wonderful. Plus he's got a great aftercare program with access to a nutritionist for life, free of charge. There is also a monthly support group. I can't praise his work enough. I also had a great experience at HUMC, if you have a choice. Their dedicated bariatric staff was really great (Nidia and Iwona in particular). May I ask where you are from? If I personally was choosing between Mexico & Trivedi (& could afford the price difference) I'd pick Trivedi hands down, because of his skill and experience and because sometimes good aftercare can mean the difference between success and failure. Good luck on whatever you choose!

Hi,

Thank you for the response, I am from Bayonne.

It is funny because I had called the office over two weeks ago to find out pricing and they quoted me I think $23,000 for one of the locations which there is no way I can do that. I had left a message because I recalled at the seminar one of the doctors mentioned that Jersey City Medical Center did not charge a lot so finally I had gotten the call yesterday and I was told it would be $11500.. now that is still more then the $5500 (including airfare) of me going to Mexico.

I heard that Dr.Trivedi's office has a payment plan though, I am going to see what that is like and maybe I can make it work. I would rather be close to home because my family is here.

How are you feeling? Congrats on the sleeve :)

I'm feeling pretty good, waking up was no picnic, I must say, but after about five hours I started feeling markedly better, and have felt a little better every hour since. My biggest complaint was the gas, most of it is out of me now. I'm able to drink my liquid just fine, I never had any nausea at all. No regrets. I'd already lost 13 lbs when they weighed me in at my post op on day 4. So exciting!

I tell you, for half the price, I think Jersey City Medical Center would be quickly growing on me, lol. Closer to your home too, right? I'm in Wallington, not too far. 11 grand isn't bad for the convenience and support you'll be getting by staying here. I've heard good stories about Mexico too, and most seem to do great.

I hope you're decision comes easy, I'm sure everything will work out just fine! I'll be happy to try to answer any questions I can for you.

Hi. Has anyone else used Dr Amit Trivedi with Advanced Laproscopic' date=' Hackensack University Medical Center, NJ? His office staff leaves a little to be desired, but he himself was wonderful. Sleeved August 31st[/quote']

Thanks so much for your post, Susan! I have had the same experience with Dr. Trivedi's office staff. They don't return calls and even when i am able to get my coordinator on the phone, she makes me feel like I am bothering her. Still, after having met Dr. Trivedi, I can't imagine having another surgeon for my procedure. My surgery is scheduled for 10/18.

Can I ask what was "difficult" about waking up after the surgery?

Thank you Susan, I can't wait to be with you on the losers bench! I will let you know what happens Tuesday hopefully everything does work out and I will have it done with Dr.Trivedi :)

Thanks so much for your post' date=' Susan! I have had the same experience with Dr. Trivedi's office staff. They don't return calls and even when i am able to get my coordinator on the phone, she makes me feel like I am bothering her. Still, after having met Dr. Trivedi, I can't imagine having another surgeon for my procedure. My surgery is scheduled for 10/18.

Can I ask what was "difficult" about waking up after the surgery?[/quote']

Honestly, not to scare you, I was in a bit of pain. I think it was mostly because my abdominal cavity was filled with gas, it presses outward against the fresh incisions and was quite unpleasant. Plus waking up from any anesthesia just isn't fun. You're very groggy and kind of out of it. On the bright side, I informed the nurses of my pain and they had no problem turning up the pain meds. Also, as I said, it only lasted a few hours, then I began to feel better and better. I'm now 6 days out and my only complaint is weakness, which is totally normal.

As far as the coordinators, just keep on them. I think it's important to be proactive in your own case, know what's going on, and insist that things be handled in a timely manner. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Good luck, and feel free to ask me any questions that pop in your head. What hospital are you using? May I ask what town you are from?

Thank you Susan' date=' I can't wait to be with you on the losers bench! I will let you know what happens Tuesday hopefully everything does work out and I will have it done with Dr.Trivedi :)[/quote']

You are welcome. This forum helped me so much, I am happy to pass my experiences down to others on their way.

Honestly, not to scare you, I was in a bit of pain. I think it was mostly because my abdominal cavity was filled with gas, it presses outward against the fresh incisions and was quite unpleasant. Plus waking up from any anesthesia just isn't fun. You're very groggy and kind of out of it. On the bright side, I informed the nurses of my pain and they had no problem turning up the pain meds. Also, as I said, it only lasted a few hours, then I began to feel better and better. I'm now 6 days out and my only complaint is weakness, which is totally normal.

As far as the coordinators, just keep on them. I think it's important to be proactive in your own case, know what's going on, and insist that things be handled in a timely manner. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Good luck, and feel free to ask me any questions that pop in your head. What hospital are you using? May I ask what town you are from?

The thing that scares me the most is NOT knowing what to expect, so I am grateful that you are sharing your experience and giving a heads up! I have never had any surgery before, so I guess that is what is freaking me out the most. The most I ever had done was a widsom tooth extraction lol, I think I was only under anesthesia for about 30 min for that procedure.

I called the office today and they told me they received all of my paperwork to submit to the insurance, which was a load off my mind. The only thing I have left to worry about are my PATs and my Medical Clearance.

I was hoping I could come back to work after about a week off, would you say that after a week you are feeling to tired to get back to your normal daily routine?

I am having my procedure done at Hackensack. I live in Sayreville, originally from Englishtown (by way of Brooklyn).

How long were you in the hospital? Did you feel any hunger while you were in Phase I? I can't imagine not chewing for almost a month! lol

I am so anxious, I wish my surgery date was sooner :)

The thing that scares me the most is NOT knowing what to expect' date=' so I am grateful that you are sharing your experience and giving a heads up! I have never had any surgery before, so I guess that is what is freaking me out the most. The most I ever had done was a widsom tooth extraction lol, I think I was only under anesthesia for about 30 min for that procedure.

I called the office today and they told me they received all of my paperwork to submit to the insurance, which was a load off my mind. The only thing I have left to worry about are my PATs and my Medical Clearance.

I was hoping I could come back to work after about a week off, would you say that after a week you are feeling to tired to get back to your normal daily routine?

I am having my procedure done at Hackensack. I live in Sayreville, originally from Englishtown (by way of Brooklyn).

How long were you in the hospital? Did you feel any hunger while you were in Phase I? I can't imagine not chewing for almost a month! lol

I am so anxious, I wish my surgery date was sooner :)[/quote']

I would make sure that now that they have the paperwork, that they actually SEND it to the insurance. I would also then confirm it with the insurance. This was where I had my problem with them. She said she'd send it, then it took her a month to actually do so.

My surgery was Friday, so six days now. It would be tough if I had to go into work tomorrow. Not impossible, but tough. I have a desk job. I don't think I could do it if I did something physical. I'm scheduled to go back to work on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Plus, everybody is different. I think it also depends on how you can handle your liquids and stay hydrated. I've been doing well with them, but weak nonetheless.

Hackensack was absolutely wonderful. I do not have one complaint about their care.

I have not been hungry at all. There have been some rumblings, but I feel that it's the gas shifting around in there. That stopped after a couple days. The worst is the endless barrage of food commercials! I look away, and the want for food passes pretty quickly. (ask me that question again on day 14, lol). But no, no physical hunger at all.

Don't worry, the time will pass and you'll be on the other side before you know it!

Oh, yeah. My surgery was Friday and I was home Saturday night. They do the swallow test to check for leaks. If all is well then they start you with the Clear Liquids. Their requirements to send you home are 1) make sure you are urinating properly (anesthesia makes your bladder "sleep") I personally had no problem with this. 2) make sure pain is managed. They give you a prescription for percocet to go home with 3) make sure you are tolerating liquids.< /p>

I could have stayed another night if I felt I needed it, but since I met the requirements I was able to go home. I got home around 9 pm Saturday

Oh' date=' yeah. My surgery was Friday and I was home Saturday night. They do the swallow test to check for leaks. If all is well then they start you with the Clear Liquids. Their requirements to send you home are 1) make sure you are urinating properly (anesthesia makes your bladder "sleep") I personally had no problem with this. 2) make sure pain is managed. They give you a prescription for percoset to go home with 3) make sure you are tolerating liquids.

I could have stayed another night if I felt I needed it, but since I met the requirements I was able to go home. I got home around 9 pm Saturday[/quote']

Well Susan, as you predicted, I really do have to keep on top of Dr. Trivedi's office staff! I submitted my insurance requirements about two weeks ago and when I called the insurance company the told me they haven't reviewed anything. I called y surgical coordinator yesterday and of course couldn't get her on the phone and I didn't even get a call back. Sooooo frustrating! How are you feeling? Still on Phase I? Any hunger?

Hey Ladies!

I just wanted to jump in here. I'm having surgery with Dr. Trivedi's associate, Dr. Ewing. I will also have surgery at HUMC. I was just wondering how HUMC is and if they let you shower and everything while you're there. Were you in a private room or double? Also do they have a special bariatric wing? Sorry to be a pain I'm going in for my sleeve on Nov 15 and I'm jut curious. Also, what did you bring with you?

Well Susan, as you predicted, I really do have to keep on top of Dr. Trivedi's office staff! I submitted my insurance requirements about two weeks ago and when I called the insurance company the told me they haven't reviewed anything. I called y surgical coordinator yesterday and of course couldn't get her on the phone and I didn't even get a call back. Sooooo frustrating! How are you feeling? Still on Phase I? Any hunger?

Yes, that doesn't surprise me! Just stay on top of her, who cares if she gets annoyed, she needs to do her job! I kept ringing her extension all day until she picked up. I don't think she ever once actually called me back when I left her a voicemail.

I feel pretty good, thanks for asking! No nausea, no vomiting at all since the surgery. I started phase 2 this past Friday. Haven't been hungry at all. My biggest problem was getting used to not swallowing air when I eat & drink. The air kind of gurgles around & is uncomfortable. That is much better now though. already down 25 lbs as of Friday.