Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heres the backdrop. Started at my highest 550lbs start of liquid diet may 1 i was 518lbs surgery date may 21 479lbs and today After not being able to weigh myself for 3 weeks (420 at the time, 05-18 )im now at 395. Im a very pessimistic guy when it comes to positive things happening to me and evn though i lost more than 100 lbs in a short time i still thought it just wouldnt work. But im believing now and eating healthier than ever lately, i havent started excercising yet but im starting to get some enrgy and im getting an itch too to get my weight loss on a fast track to 299. I just wanted to share !!!

Way to go! Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome! Congrats! Now we are both members of the Century Club. lol I know how great these milestones can be... and how easy it is to be pessimistic about weight loss. It is a struggle. That's why it's so great to have the support of everyone here. Keep it up!

That's great, good for you!! Keep up the good work and be proud.

Great job! That enthusiam is going to help you meet that fast track goal!

WooHOO!! Good for you! I'm hoping tomorrow will find me 100 pounds down from my highest weight (I'm 99 pounds down today)!!

Keep up the great work!

Laura

I am so excited for you......esp. since you look at the cup half full...and you see it and feel it and are a success...Energy is something I am looking so forward to when I get some.....lol.......It is stories like yours that help me feel good about the dicision to sleeve...Thank you for sharing! Was okayed August 24th....waiting for date.....

Thank you so much for sharing!!! My husband was sleeved on August 23, 2012 and is already down 40 pounds. He started his pre-op at 530 and surgery weight was 517, He is drinking high protein-low carb shakes, lean Protein and taking liquid vitamins. The problem is that he is waiting for the other shoe to drop. He is convinced that any day now he is going to get on the scale and it will be up and continue to go up. He just can't enjoy the weight loss yet because he has never lost weight before. It's so good to hear of someone of his size that it has worked on. Again, thank you for sharing!!! :D

Thank you so much for sharing!!! My husband was sleeved on August 23' date=' 2012 and is already down 40 pounds. He started his pre-op at 530 and surgery weight was 517, He is drinking high protein-low carb shakes, lean Protein and taking liquid Vitamins. The problem is that he is waiting for the other shoe to drop. He is convinced that any day now he is going to get on the scale and it will be up and continue to go up. He just can't enjoy the weight loss yet because he has never lost weight before. It's so good to hear of someone of his size that it has worked on. Again, thank you for sharing!!! :D[/quote']

Tell him i pretty much was him .. If anything i was more negative then him than he is. I know this because i didnt really follow the instructions very well with high Protein and he is, i did sta liquid and soft food for the right amount of time. Also he has you and i have really noone close to support, yet here i am. The only thing i did well was stay away from soda. Tell him its a given that all of a sudden hes going to see it as that slim hope that came true. Hell he wouldnt of did the surgery if it wasnt for some glimmer of hope,as time goes by and lbs drop off and hes swimming in his clothes that small glimmer of hope will grow more and more.

so inspiring thank you for sharing

Good work, I was 600 on surgery date 3-21-12 now 422. it's now slowing down to 1-2 lbs per week

That's great! Keep it up!

Tell him i pretty much was him .. If anything i was more negative then him than he is. I know this because i didnt really follow the instructions very well with high Protein and he is, i did sta liquid and soft food for the right amount of time. Also he has you and i have really noone close to support, yet here i am. The only thing i did well was stay away from soda. Tell him its a given that all of a sudden hes going to see it as that slim hope that came true. Hell he wouldnt of did the surgery if it wasnt for some glimmer of hope,as time goes by and lbs drop off and hes swimming in his clothes that small glimmer of hope will grow more and more.

He isn't following the post-op diet very well as far as how long to be on clear fluids, pureed foods, soft foods etc. He is only 10 days out from surgery and he is pretty much eating anything he wants but he is keeping things to low carb and high Protein. He doesn't mind that diet at all, he actually feels better on it. He was on Atkins for a long time, on and off, but was unable to lose any weight. Now he is actually dropping weight! I am so excited for him. :)

That is AWESOME. Blessings. Don't give up.Keep it moving....LITERALLY. :)

name='HondaCivicDude' timestamp='1346631317' post='472416']

[/b]

:wub: Don't think you're alone in this because you're not. You have the VST community behind you. You get support, encouragement, helpful advice. We are here for each other and I find that so wonderful because sometimes we can feel like we are in this by ourselves. I know I did..at least until I came upon this web-site. Here, WE ARE NEVER ALONE B);)

Keep up the great work. You can do it. :)