Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers..what Is The Progress

Sleeved 8/27

Highest wt. June 261 lb.

Day of surgery 253 lb.

current wt 219 lb

Best decision I ever made. It wasn't easy but definitely not anything near what I worried about. By the 3 rd week post op I was walking everyday. If you are preop don't be afraid. Read all our stories and take courage - you are starting a new life.

I was sleeved on Aug 29th and have lost 46 lbs. I eat mostly chicken, tuna and Flounder. I snack on light Greek yogurt, reduced fat string cheese and low fat cottage cheese. I really don't have room to add fresh veggies and fruits or I will not meet my Protein goals. I also have an Atkins Protein Bar for Breakfast. I've started bike riding but it is getting to cold for that, boo- Hoo! I also work out on the elliptical 20 minutes 3 times a week and do weight training 3 times a week. I still struggle getting my Water in.

I was 287 when I was sleeved and I'm down to 241!

Our diet is very similar, I REALLY have to be diligent to get my Water in, it is a challenge. I just told my nut that I really have no veggies cause of the Protein thing, she said OK, I just had labs done and all looked good + Vitamins.

Our weight is the same too, I am going to try to be "a friend here.". Keep having fun, THIS IS AWESOME,!!!

Update! I was weighed yesterday and I am down 13 more lbs! This makes my total loss 44 lbs. So excited!

Woohoo u r doing awesome....

My check in on my 3 month, down 72 lbs, surgery date 8/7 347

3 month 10/07 275,

I'm so happy, I also struggle with energy level, getting in all my Water and Protein, and my exercise. I really need to up my strengthening to help tighten my skin. I am thrilled, and I'm looking forward to continuing down the scale!

Pre surgery 230lbs

Day of surgery 203lbs

Yesterday 162lbs

I was sleeved August 21 total weightloss 67lbs and I have lost a total of 63.25 inches!!!

Best decision I have ever made for ME!!!!

Pre surgery 230lbs

Day of surgery 203lbs

Yesterday 162lbs

I was sleeved August 21 total weightloss 67lbs and I have lost a total of 63.25 inches!!!

Best decision I have ever made for ME!!!!

Wtg u r doing awesome...

I was sleeved on August 14th. Just want see every one elses progress. The good' date=' bad, and the ugly !!!

1. What are you eating and how much( yes I want your entire day:)

2. What are your activity levels/ energy, and if pain, nausea.. Ect.

3. How much weight loss.

[/quote']

My original date was Aug 23. The second surgery was Sept 28 so I fall in both categories :)

Entire day...honey that varies LOL I try to stay around 600 calories per day. So today:

1c nonfat milk with 8 oz Decaf coffee and a shot of sugar free vanilla (I have this every am)

1/2 c cottage cheese (1%)

1.5 oz halibut with 4 french fries

Premier Protein drink

Spaghetti Carbonara made with whole wheat spaghetti

4oz Kris Pinot Grigio

I did half an hour of running up and down the stairs (we have sixty to the top floor of the house) which allows me the wine. If I don't exercise I don't get wine LOL It's a great incentive. I eat about 1/2 cup max per meal because I am still healing from the second surgery. In many ways (restriction wise) it set me back to the beginning five weeks into the first surgery period.

I often have fish or chicken or odd ball stuff like rabbit, buffalo, wild boar, etc because they are served at my favorite restaurant (I eat out two or three times a week)

Activity levels, Moderate :P I have a big house and the stairs are good for me LOL This is a busy time of year putting away halloween and getting out christmas. I can spend an hour back and forth on the stairs easily doing that (that's tomorrow's goal). I also walk for an hour or two a few times a week when the weather permits. I need to get a tread mill so I can walk when the weather sucks.

Because I had major complications and spent a lot of time in hospital I have a lower energy level than many might at this point. I am still on lifting restrictions and activity restrictions. I tire easily some days, and some I'm boundless. I really notice the lack of ability when I drop something on the floor. I have to hold something to get back up. That is the side effect of 45 days literally flat on my back. It gets better each day. I don't have any pain, but I am still healing and won't be clear of restrictions until the 26th when they will do (final I hope) leak testing to ensure that the second surgery worked. If that isn't holding (and it seems to be) than I will learn if they want to do something else, or if I lose my stomach. My lungs were damaged, so I have to watch out for illness. Yawning is odd...about half way through it stops dead in it's track. Sneezing is painful, in the lung area though (because my esophagus was damaged as well likely). I'm told that will take a few years to heal and I have to watch for lung illnesses during this time as I'm more susceptible to Fluid buildup than someone with healthy lungs.

I've been in a fatal stall for two weeks at 33.6 lbs down. That said, it's a pound and a half from taking me to the "just fat" category verses obese. :) Mean body LOL But 33.6 is half of my weight loss goal (within a few ounces) so that's pretty good, especially given I returned from the long hospital stay up 40lbs :o I'm happy with the changes but would like to slip down to that next category LMAO did I mention...damn mean body?

I've come a long way from the sobbing mess they were finding a Chaplin for in September. The head of school at my son's school stopped me today and said he was glad to see me back and looking so well. I replied that it is really nice to be back among the living :) It really is! Weight loss is nice...but being alive beats the hell out of a few pounds every time!

My original date was Aug 23. The second surgery was Sept 28 so I fall in both categories :)

Entire day...honey that varies LOL I try to stay around 600 calories per day. So today:

1c nonfat milk with 8 oz Decaf coffee and a shot of sugar free vanilla (I have this every am)

1/2 c cottage cheese (1%)

1.5 oz halibut with 4 french fries

Premier Protein drink

Spaghetti Carbonara made with whole wheat spaghetti

4oz Kris Pinot Grigio

I did half an hour of running up and down the stairs (we have sixty to the top floor of the house) which allows me the wine. If I don't exercise I don't get wine LOL It's a great incentive. I eat about 1/2 cup max per meal because I am still healing from the second surgery. In many ways (restriction wise) it set me back to the beginning five weeks into the first surgery period.

I often have fish or chicken or odd ball stuff like rabbit' date=' buffalo, wild boar, etc because they are served at my favorite restaurant (I eat out two or three times a week)

Activity levels, Moderate :P I have a big house and the stairs are good for me LOL This is a busy time of year putting away halloween and getting out christmas. I can spend an hour back and forth on the stairs easily doing that (that's tomorrow's goal). I also walk for an hour or two a few times a week when the weather permits. I need to get a tread mill so I can walk when the weather sucks.

Because I had major complications and spent a lot of time in hospital I have a lower energy level than many might at this point. I am still on lifting restrictions and activity restrictions. I tire easily some days, and some I'm boundless. I really notice the lack of ability when I drop something on the floor. I have to hold something to get back up. That is the side effect of 45 days literally flat on my back. It gets better each day. I don't have any pain, but I am still healing and won't be clear of restrictions until the 26th when they will do (final I hope) leak testing to ensure that the second surgery worked. If that isn't holding (and it seems to be) than I will learn if they want to do something else, or if I lose my stomach. My lungs were damaged, so I have to watch out for illness. Yawning is odd...about half way through it stops dead in it's track. Sneezing is painful, in the lung area though (because my esophagus was damaged as well likely). I'm told that will take a few years to heal and I have to watch for lung illnesses during this time as I'm more susceptible to Fluid buildup than someone with healthy lungs.

I've been in a fatal stall for two weeks at 33.6 lbs down. That said, it's a pound and a half from taking me to the "just fat" category verses obese. :) Mean body LOL But 33.6 is half of my weight loss goal (within a few ounces) so that's pretty good, especially given I returned from the long hospital stay up 40lbs :o I'm happy with the changes but would like to slip down to that next category LMAO did I mention...damn mean body?

I've come a long way from the sobbing mess they were finding a Chaplin for in September. The head of school at my son's school stopped me today and said he was glad to see me back and looking so well. I replied that it is really nice to be back among the living :) It really is! Weight loss is nice...but being alive beats the hell out of a few pounds every time!

[/quote']

U r my inspiration.. you worked hard to survive and now working as hard to get to your wgt loss goal.. U R AWRSOME...have an wonderful day...

Allie...what a nice thing to read first thing in the morning. Thank you my dear!.

By the way...I notice you're rocking the weight loss :) I like the pics! WTG

Starting weight 204

Pre op 198

Day of surgery 192

Sleeved 8-13-12

Down 50 lbs!!!!

154 today

Pre op 198

Day of surgery 192

Sleeved 8-13-12

Down 55 lbs

149 today

Hey EVERYONE!!!

I was sleeved Aug 24th...I started at 348 lbs DOS 331 lbs I am now 285 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought a size 20 pair of jeans!!!!!

I am super happy I did this...I could have NEVER done it without my sleeve...will follow!!!

Hey EVERYONE!!!

I was sleeved Aug 24th...I started at 348 lbs DOS 331 lbs I am now 285 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought a size 20 pair of jeans!!!!!

I am super happy I did this...I could have NEVER done it without my sleeve...will follow!!!

That's AWESOME!!!!! Congrats!!! I've read your posts on here and you work at it and it pays off!!! Yay!!! :-)

I'm finally at onederland. 199.8!!! LOL!!! It still counts!!! :-)

Love my SLEEVE!!

Pre surgery 298

8/31/12 Day of Surgery 285

Today 222

Total Lost 76

Since Surgery 63

Shooting for 217 by Christmas