Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers..what Is The Progress

Hi Aug. Sleevers. I was sleeved 8/15 and am the poster child telling everyone best decision I ever made. Started at 303 was done to 286 day of surgery and today I'm down to 253! I haven't seen 250 since college 13yrs ago! I still struggle to get allll my Water in but I have a good Protein Shake to start the day, 3 small high Protein meals. and if I snack its nuts or yogurt.

I got my sleeve August 21' date=' total loss to date 29 lbs, I just got moved to puréed foods and they want me to eat baby food... I have had crab, shrimp, steak, chicken in the last couple of days, not puréed, and it was all great! Not sure I can eat baby food... Has anyone tried any good ones?[/quote']

Thanks for your post, I was sleeved 8/28 and today I have lost 26 lb.'s, I feel great but scared i made my pouch too big, I was up to 4 oz of food 3-5 times day, all liquid. I have continued to do my puréed food at 4 oz. & still do, I just got done reading a site that says 1 oz.

Anyhow, I did not eat baby food, I did canned chicken, salsa, Beans, no fat sourcream, delicious and lasts for days since we eat so little, I do a lot of cottage cheese, PROTIEN shakes, popscycles. Some people do tuna, dill, sourcream, onions, throw all in a blender and all is good.

I was sleeved on 8/14 . My highest weight was 247 I got down to 213 but managed somehow to gain 3 pound . It's my TOM next week and I think it may be the cause of the 3 pound fluctuation. In the morning I have a lean Protein shake for lunch it's usually a cup of Soup or tuna or crab salad. dinner is half of a salmon patty with cheese or baked fish. My energy comes and goes the beginning of the work week I feel great but by hump day it's like I'm totally drained. I usually power walk or jog a mile 3x a week but I haven't at all this week. I get 60 oz of Water everyday and about 50 g of Protein everyday. I'm have a hard time eating ' date=' it's so darn uncomfortable and the whole small bites and chewing like a camel is getting on my nerves . At this point I have regrets about the surgery but I said going in that I wasn't going to change my mind pre-op and afterwards I would just have to deal with it and I am ![/quote']

Are things better for you now?

Hi August Sleevers!

I was sleeved 8/21. Total weight lost about 33 pounds. I lost it all pre-op though. I'm one of those who stopped losing weight after the surgery. But I'm not frustrated. I haven't read anywhere that this surgery doesn't work' date=' so the weight will come off eventually.

I'm on full liquids till 9/11.

For Breakfast, lunch & dinner I drink the vanilla Premeire Protein drink. In between i'll have hot chocoalte, or a creamy Soup. I also like sugar free puddings. My sipping drink is Pomegrante Crystal light. I haven't had any hunger pains but I am looking forward to adding more variety next week.

I have very litte surgery pain or nausea. No acid reflux.

Energy so-so but I've got auto-immune diseases that fatigue me, so i think its a combo of everything.

Good luck this month in the journey of weight loss![/quote']

Is the weight loss good now?

Thank you all for sharing your stories.I am pre-op and waiting my Psych appt. There's so much I feel no one has talked about so the stories and great for us pro-op people !!! Keep all the great up ,hope the n/v and pain disappears soon .

Down 40 pounds! Sleeved on August 28th! Eat pretty much what I want, rarely eat sweets, junk food or fast food. I eat Protein first and work hard to take in what I need. Walk 3 or 4 times a week for 30 minutes, about to start some weights. Love my sleeve!!

Down 40 pounds! Sleeved on August 28th! Eat pretty much what I want' date=' rarely eat sweets, junk food or fast food. I eat Protein first and work hard to take in what I need. Walk 3 or 4 times a week for 30 minutes, about to start some weights. Love my sleeve!![/quote']

Congrats on the 40 lbs. I too was sleeved on Aug 28th and post op I have lost 26 lbs. I did lose 15 before surgery so that totals 41. Would you please tell me, is your 40 lbs post surgery? Keep up the good work, exciting journey isn't it

My surgery was August 17th. I did really well with everything i tried during the 2 liquid stages. During the soft food stage it seemed as though i am now unable to get eggs down. They make me sick' date=' scrambled, omelets, cooked hard, hard boiled doesn't matter. toward the end soft food stage I got sick with a serious head cold.

Now that I am on the "full diet" I have had crab cakes, Baked chicken, tuna cakes, and a couple of veggies that went down well. On the other hand Turkey not so much. I did very well with shredded turkey made into turkey salad, but whole turkey breast or ground turkey do not settle well. In fact this evening I tried a turkey burger and threw up for the first time post op(not related to my super cold)

In an attempt to make sure i get all of my Protein in my daily intake goes like this

breakfast: Protein shake made with milk

Lunch: attempt to try something new solid food

Dinner: Protein Shake made with milk[/quote']

Is that all you eat all day?? I am sorry the turkey is not going down well, I really have to chew, chew,chew. This helps me

Good morning August sleevers!

Sleeved August 13 2012

Starting weight 204

Current weight 160

Down 44 lbs!

Good morning August sleevers!

Sleeved August 13 2012

Starting weight 204

Current weight 160

Down 44 lbs!

Congratulations! You are doing great! Can't wait to be on the losers bench with you!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Had a slow week and a half. Haven't changed eating amount but not moving. Up and down the same .5 pounds. Granted been lax on the gym because of work obligations. Trying not to get discouraged but ready for the weight loss to resume

I was sleeved on 8/6/12.... total with my two week pre op is a loss of 57 lbs.... My energy level is not increasing, and seem to feel more and more tired as i lose more weight!!! Not understanding that too much!!! But happy with my results, and would probably be more if i could find that energy!

Congrats on the 40 lbs. I too was sleeved on Aug 28th and post op I have lost 26 lbs. I did lose 15 before surgery so that totals 41. Would you please tell me' date=' is your 40 lbs post surgery? Keep up the good work, exciting journey isn't it[/quote']

Lost ten on five day preop plus thirty post op for total of forty. I want to loose slow, I am thinking most of my skin will retract since I am still in my thirties. However, still planning on Tummy Tuck, cause I have had a c section.

I was sleeved Aug. 7

For Breakfast I eat a poached egg, then couple hours later I have a pure Protein Shake, then for lunch 2 oz chicken, between lunch and dinner, I try to get down liquid, dinner around 2 oz of lean Protein, maybe some hamburger/taco meat with some salsa. At dinner I usually have 2 Graham crackers (to help keep me regular) half cup of milk (skim) or a ounce of cheese

I'm down about 66 pounds, I feel tired alot of the time. I still will take a nap with my three year old. And I'm in bed by eight thirty. Wish I could get my energy up

Down 40 pounds! Sleeved on August 28th! Eat pretty much what I want' date=' rarely eat sweets, junk food or fast food. I eat Protein first and work hard to take in what I need. Walk 3 or 4 times a week for 30 minutes, about to start some weights. Love my sleeve!![/quote']

Hi what's your surgery wgt?

I was sleeved on 8/29. Surgery wgt i213lbs and This morning 191lbs ..

Highest wgt 243, in march 2012 232lbs ... 7/2//012 I was 229 ... 8/28/12 214.4

I am a very slow loser but I've lost a total of 24 inch since 8/13 ..

You keep the good work...

Sent from my iPad using VST