Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers..what Is The Progress

My surgery was August 17th. I did really well with everything i tried during the 2 liquid stages. During the soft food stage it seemed as though i am now unable to get eggs down. They make me sick, scrambled, omelets, cooked hard, hard boiled doesn't matter. toward the end soft food stage I got sick with a serious head cold.

Now that I am on the "full diet" I have had crab cakes, Baked chicken, tuna cakes, and a couple of veggies that went down well. On the other hand Turkey not so much. I did very well with shredded turkey made into turkey salad, but whole turkey breast or ground turkey do not settle well. In fact this evening I tried a turkey burger and threw up for the first time post op(not related to my super cold)

In an attempt to make sure i get all of my Protein in my daily intake goes like this

breakfast: Protein shake made with milk

Lunch: attempt to try something new solid food

Dinner: Protein Shake made with milk

My surgery was August 1st. I was 297 prior to surgery and 283 the day of. I am nearly 2 months post op and have been living off of 1/2 cup of low fat refried black Beans and Danon Greek yogurt. I do cook meals for my husband and I indulge myself to 1 spoonful of a taste and it satisfies me. My 2 month is 10/1 and I am looking forward to being able to eat real food instead of soft stuff.

Congrats Everyone!

Sleeved 8/20 here

Breakfast- 16oz FF Milk with Jay Robb Protein (42g protein!)

Snack- Babybel LF cheese

Lunch- 3oz turkey and 1 wedge laughing cow 35 calorie cheese

Snack- 1oz turkey

Dinner- 3 oz turkey and 1 wedge laughing cow 35 calorie cheese

Throughout the day- 10 oz Isopure

No Pain No Nausea No Complications at all. A perfect pain free recovery. No pain meds.

Down 50ish lbs with the 2 week pre-op diet. Just increased cardio to 7 days a week and added weights. hoping to break through the stall.

Congrats Everyone!

Sleeved 8/20 here

Breakfast- 16oz FF Milk with Jay Robb Protein (42g protein!)

Snack- Babybel LF cheese

Lunch- 3oz turkey and 1 wedge laughing cow 35 calorie cheese

Snack- 1oz turkey

Dinner- 3 oz turkey and 1 wedge laughing cow 35 calorie cheese

Throughout the day- 10 oz Isopure

No Pain No Nausea No Complications at all. A perfect pain free recovery. No pain meds.

Down 50ish lbs with the 2 week pre-op diet. Just increased cardio to 7 days a week and added weights. hoping to break through the stall.

Congratulations! It's great that losing is actually winning after the Sleeve!

I was sleeved 8/20 an I'm always hungry!

Here's my day

Breakfast : 16oz coffee with Sf coffee mate Creamer

Snack: Fage 0%peach Greek yogurt

Lunch: 4 shrimp with cocktail sauce

Snack: fit frappe with 8oz skim milk

Dinner: shrimp or 2-3 oz haddock

Snack: Decaf coffee with SF coffee mate and Fage 0% peach yogurt

I also drink 2 bottles of Water through out the day.

I exercise with my kids and do walk away the pound since I'm not cleared for normal activity

My energy has increased and I have lost 35lbs total 15.5 since surgery.

I am hungry every 2 hours an it seems like I Eat so much more than everyone else. I can't eat more in a sitting because I get full fast. Within 2 hrs I'm hungry again.

Jeesiegurl, sounds like you are doing well. It is all about small portions and eating more frequently. Keep up the good work! Some days I eat more than others and sometimes I am hungry every 2 or 3 hours. I have lost 31 since 8/28/12, but 10pounds from 5 day preop diet.

I was sleeved on 8/20. Before surgery i lost 32lbs. Since i had surgery I have lost 30lbs. So 62lbs lost total.

A typical day is:

50-64oz of Water...i am still working on getting my Water in.

3-4oz of Premier Protein drink for Breakfast.

1/4 cup tuna salad, egg salad or yogurt for lunch.

1/4 cup cashews or 2 tbs Peanut Butter for snack.

1/4 cup Protein for dinner or 8 oz of cheese.

Evening snack (sometimes) no sugar added popsicle.

Stacy we got sleeved the same day. You have lost double what I have since surgery! That's awesome! You are doing awesome!

Sleeved August 21st

Lost 30 pounds pre-surgery and 32 pounds since surgery (62 pounds down!)

I am eating solid foods... have tried whatever I want (healthy choices) and nothing has been a problem. A day for me is :

45 oz Water a day minimum

1/2 greek yogurt for breakfast at 7am

a V-8 for a snack ( 10ish)

A small salad (1 cup) (iceburg, cucumber sliced very thin and tomato) a bit of turkey or tuna on it with Fat free dressing for lunch (12:30ish)

a cheese stick for a snack (3pm)

a small portion of protien (beef, chciken, fish) with about 1/2 cup veggie for dinner (5:30ish)

Italian ice for snack (8pmish)

I get really full fast, but then am hungry within 3 hours. I am going to the gym and walking, walking walking. I feel great! I had no complications after surgery, no pain meds, no vomiting, all is good!

Hi August Sleevers! Sleeved 8-13-2012, starting weight 204, pre op 192 current weight 165 ...39 total!

A reg day for me is....

B: ESA shake

L: 4 oz of yogurt, tuna, shrimp salad

D: 3-4 oz of chicken, chilli

S: cheese sticks, laughing cow cheese wedge , popcorn 100 cal bag, wasabi trail mix, crackers with Peanut Butter,beef jerkey

Approximately 40-50 oz of Water & 45-50 gms protien

I walk 5 miles a day - 3 intense 2 with hubby and dog no gym yet

I take a multi vit, 2 Calcium chews, gall stone medS for prevention and 5,000 mg Biotin

I feel better than ever, running out of clothes, love being in baggy stuff!

Some shedding of hair and thinning , I have curly hair so I wash every other day with conditioner only! Hopefully it won't get too bad!

Good luck everyone! Stay encouraged and lets encourage each other!

Starting weight 245

Current weight 217

Sleeved on aug 21

I don't have a typical day yet. I'm six weeks out and some days are better than others.

I can eat yogurt crackers with no problem. I can't do Protein shakes right now they make me sick. I drink sobe Water and sometimes a slice of cheese.

Sleeved 8/28- 6 weeks post op today

Starting weight: 282

DOS weight: 271

Current weight: 244

I'm hoping to hit over 40 pounds lost by my 2 month anniversary. I'm having no problems meeting my Protein requirements, but the Fluid requirement is a daily challenge. I love exercising with this smaller body :-).

Hi I am a very slower loser but have lost inches.

213 before surgery and today 196.4

Went from sz 22-24 pants to 16 or 14 depending on brand. I am just happy I am losing and not gaining.

I walk at my 15 min. breaks and at lunch I do the 5k workout I have on my iPod.

Brkfast shake Isopure, nectar or any other I have on my shelf.

Snacks 4ozs yogurt or 1/3 of Protein Bar

Lunch and dinner ckn, fish, tuna or black Beans, slice of avacado, cheese,

Hi all! I am almost 2 months out (7 weeks- sleeved August 13th!) I am on two antiacids a day (PPI) for the acidity which on some days can be quite uncomfortable! I dropped 25 pounds in the 7 weeks but I started out a relatively low bmi (approx 36) I eat chicken (very soft), tuna, salmon. Tons of lentils and Beans, low fat cheeses, fish, and quinoa. However I have stalled for the past week. Did anyone experience this? Am I eating too many carbs? (Quinoa, crackers, some fruit) please help!!!

I was sleeved on aug. 20. I'm down 35lbs. I go to the gym 4 times a week. I'm able to do 45 min of cardio. And full body circuit training machines. I feel great!! I can pretty much eat anything, still have issues with some fruits. Like grapes.. But for the most part I can get and keep down most foods. ( healthy choice options of coarse ) and when it comes to Pasta or rice I eat maybe a half cup and I'm full. So my Tool the sleeve is working wonderfully. Breakfast- Cheerios with no fat milk, I like over the moon brand it taste like 2%. Or I'll make egg whites and cheese omelet with half a slice of wheat toast. 1/2 cup coffee sweetened with Splenda or tea with Splenda

Lunch: chicken caesar salad. About a cup of lettuce and 4 oz of chicken. Or a turkey and cheese with whole wheat wrap with sprouts and shredded carrots. Fat free ranch dressing

Dinner: fish, chicken, ground turkey basically any Protein with rice or potato and a side veg. Last night was baked cod, rice pilaf, and green Beans.

I have not got sick once, knock on wood. But I do feel when I'm full and stop before any discomfort. My NUT says I'm doing great and options are good as well as portion size. My response 4 weeks ago would of not been so happy I hated the liquid part and purée stages. But got thru it!!!!

Hope all my fellow August sleevers are doing well!!! And everyone else too!!!' :)