Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers..what Is The Progress

I was sleeved on 8/21. First week was liquid and now I'm on puréed foods. Really boring. I eat Protein Shake yogurt applesauce and mashed potatoes. That's eat. Everyday. I'm not hungry but am bored with this diet. I'm down 18 pounds from highest weight.

I was sleeved August 27th by Dr Barker!

1. Today is my 1st day of "Full liquids" I am struggling to eat because nothing taste good to me, I have no hunger so I have to force myself to have anything other thank Water. I fear becoming deficient in nutrients, but I'm doing my best. I never made it to pick up more Protein last week so I didn't start my Protein today.

2. I have a lump or ball feeling around the end of my chest sometimes when I swallow, has a little but of pain sometimes but nothing unbareable and it only last 3-5 seconds. Other than that I have now pain, or anything.... My energy level is kinda blah but I do have a 9 month old daughter & 4 year old son to keep me plenty busy :)

3. Today is 1 week post op and I'm down 20.1 pounds started at 260.1 and I am now 240

Best luck to everyone!!

So I'm definitely hungry. At first - like the first week or so - I wasn't hungry at all and it was difficult just sipping but now I can drink with no problems. And I'm slowly introducing soft foods like soft babybel cheese, applesauce, etc. and while I'm going slowly I'm not really having any difficulties.

I am eager to heal and feel normal again, but I'm almost concerned that I don't feel any significant pressure or fullness. Then again, I always stop before I think I can get there for fear of that feeling but every bite and day is such a learning process! It's just interesting that others sleeved around the same time as me is feeling zero hunger when I definitely do!

I was sleeved on Aug. 7th and it's been a journey for sure already. The first two weeks were the hardest because I was absolutely starving on the liquid diet and actually had to start eating puréed food 2 days early because I was so weak and shaky. I've lost 17lbs so far post op and 32 lbs with the diet I was on before surgery. I am currently having a stall though...I haven't lost anything in 2weeks and I'm not sure as to why. ;(

My energy levels are just finally back up to

Normal. I just started going back to the gym and getting my workout in, finally!

You seem to be having great progress so far, so keep it up! ????

Sleeved on the 27th:

Lost: 17 lbs

food Stage: Still on liquids and can't wait to advance

Pain: Almost none

Nausea: None

Energy: I tend to feel a bit weak due to lack of calories

This has been super easy and I'm excited about the future.

Sleeved on the 28th

Pounds lost: 19.4

Diet: Full liquids

Pain: Everything hurts going down, minimal incision pain

Energy: Weak, need more Protein and food, but it hurts

Outlook: hoping it gets better by the weekend for my nursing conference

Hi! I was sleeved on the 6th and I'm finally getting it together! I am still in the puréed/soft food stage. I eat a lot of tuna or crab salad. Turkey chili. Retried Beans. And I love egg faces ricotta recipe tweaked to my tastings. So far I'm down 28lbs stalled this week. I'm having a hard time getting all my Water in. I'm just so full. The first week I remember laughing that it took 2 days to finish a sf Jello cup. Life of a sleever! This place is great! For motivation, recipes and to have people in your corner.

Sleeved 8/7, for Breakfast I'll have 2 egg whites and 2 tablespoons of refried Beans with salsa. lunch I'll have 3/4 of a cup of lentils Soup. For snack ill have a cheese stick or yogurt. For dinner I'll have 1/2 cup of tuna with 4 crackers and a lil scoop of hummus. I'll sneak in a protien shake through out my day to get my protien in.

I had all my energy back after 1 week out. No pain at all. I started working out after 2 weeks. 45 minutes of stair climber and weights every other day.

I have only lost 15 pounds... Start weight 180 now only 165 :( I'm getting very fustrated but I know I have to lose eventually !!! I used to eat McDonald's mcgriddle or sugary Cereal almost everyday. And lunch forget it, it was chilly cheese fries or something horrible. My day was never less than 3000 calories, and now that I eat a lot better nd actually work out, no weight loss. Not sure why, I have to ask my dr next week.. Good luck to all my aug ppl :)

Hi August Sleevers!

I was sleeved 8/21. Total weight lost about 33 pounds. I lost it all pre-op though. I'm one of those who stopped losing weight after the surgery. But I'm not frustrated. I haven't read anywhere that this surgery doesn't work, so the weight will come off eventually.

I'm on full liquids till 9/11.

For Breakfast, lunch & dinner I drink the vanilla Premeire Protein drink. In between i'll have hot chocoalte, or a creamy Soup. I also like sugar free puddings. My sipping drink is Pomegrante Crystal light. I haven't had any hunger pains but I am looking forward to adding more variety next week.

I have very litte surgery pain or nausea. No acid reflux.

Energy so-so but I've got auto-immune diseases that fatigue me, so i think its a combo of everything.

Good luck this month in the journey of weight loss!

I was sleeved on 8/14 . My highest weight was 247 I got down to 213 but managed somehow to gain 3 pound . It's my TOM next week and I think it may be the cause of the 3 pound fluctuation. In the morning I have a lean Protein Shake for lunch it's usually a cup of Soup or tuna or crab salad. dinner is half of a salmon patty with cheese or baked fish. My energy comes and goes the beginning of the work week I feel great but by hump day it's like I'm totally drained. I usually power walk or jog a mile 3x a week but I haven't at all this week. I get 60 oz of Water everyday and about 50 g of Protein everyday. I'm have a hard time eating , it's so darn uncomfortable and the whole small bites and chewing like a camel is getting on my nerves . At this point I have regrets about the surgery but I said going in that I wasn't going to change my mind pre-op and afterwards I would just have to deal with it and I am !

Sleeved 08/18. Down from 217 to 198 (19 pounds). I have struggled to get my liquids in, I get one premium Protein Shake in at breakfasts. The rest of the day I usually fit in 4-8 oz total of either Soup ( I have become the soup master) ,refried Beans, cottage cheese, babybel, SF pudding or popsicle. I measure everything and have a cute little set of 3oz bowls that I swear are the reason I am three weeks out and still never puked. I am back to work full time, but energy is still low at the end of the day so I have not started working out yet.

I was sleeved on August 14th. Just want see every one elses progress. The good, bad, and the ugly !!!

1. What are you eating and how much( yes I want your entire day:)

2. What are your activity levels/ energy, and if pain, nausea.. Ect.

3. How much weight loss.

Hi fellow August sleevers!

1. Sleeved 8/17 I am eating a huge variety of foods so I can’t give a “typical” day but I can eat 4 ounces at a time of pureed (or almost pureed) foods. Some of the things I have been eating are: Roast beef hash with a little mashed potatoes and gravy, cream of wheat with honey, egg salad, tuna salad, lobster cakes (like crab cakes but with lobster), Greek yogurt, SF pudding, Slim Fast low carb Protein shakes, broccoli cheese Soup, oatmeal, canned pureed white meat chicken breast (that I thought would be gross but was pretty good), a frozen refried bean dip (I am not a huge fan of Beans but this was delicious with a little TB mild sauce on it). I have tried the Baked Ricotta recipe (and added a few pieces of pepperoni) off of “The World According to Eggface/pureed food page” and tonight I plan on trying the Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole from her website.

I was having trouble getting my liquids in. I was a person who has never drank enough Water to begin with but I wanted to be better after surgery. I felt like there weren’t enough hours in the day to get all the fluids in without being able to drink 30 mins before, during, or after a meal until I did a schedule for my eating and liquids and I haven’t had trouble since! Here’s my schedule:

Food: 8:30 bfast

11:30 snack

2:30 lunch

5:30 snack

8:30 dinner (I know that is late but that’s when my hubby gets home so it works for me)

Glad disposable 4oz bowls with the little lids are lifesavers but I just reuse them

Fluids: 9:30-11:00- 13 oz

11:00-12:30- No drink zone

12:30-2:00- 13 oz

2:00-3:30- No drink zone

3:30- 5:00- 13 oz

5:00- 6:30- No drink zone

6:30-8:00- 13 oz

8:00- 9:30- No drink zone

9:30- 11:00 13 oz

I just put 13 or 14 oz of Water in my bottle add ½ a pack of lemon iced tea flavored crystal light and a slice of lemon and I know that’s exactly how much I have to drink in an hour and a half.)

I haven’t been keeping track of my Protein very well and I plan to start doing that this week. I hope I can figure out a system that makes it easy like the Fluid schedule did for me. My problem is that I hate normal Protein Shakes the only one I can drink is the Slim Fast low carb creamy chocolate. I heard on You Tube about a stick of ostrich Jerky that has 14g of protein and tastes like a slim jim, so maybe that would work… I am just not a person who has a sweet tooth and all the protein powders are yucky to me, but I have been making myself add some unflavored powder to things I’m cooking (too bad unflavored doesn’t mean no taste). Any other protein ideas? I am hoping it will be a little easier once I am off of pureed food.< /span>

Oh man this is really long…oops! I don’t know if I should answer the other 2 questions. I try to keep them short and sweet ;)

2. Energy level = okay (not great not bad)

Activity level= low to med (I’m studying for a registry exam right now so other than a little walking and housekeeping its mostly studying.)

Pain Level= little to none (If I use my ab muscles to do something I shouldn’t they will let me know they are still healing. Incisions look great no pain just little scabs.)

Nausea= None (Haven’t had any since the hospital)

3. 16 lbs- including 4 day pre op diet

12lbs -since surgery (3 weeks out today) Although one day my scale tricked me and said I had lost 14 lbs :(

Stalls are no fun!

Wow!!! Thanks for your post it is such an inspiration reading them. I'm scheduled 9-19-12 and I'm excited and nervous. I'm on the 2 week pre op diet now. Good luck to all!!!!

I got my sleeve August 21, total loss to date 29 lbs, I just got moved to puréed foods and they want me to eat baby food... I have had crab, shrimp, steak, chicken in the last couple of days, not puréed, and it was all great! Not sure I can eat baby food... Has anyone tried any good ones?